Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree90Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Reply

Old 03-08-2019, 02:39 PM
  #12811  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
chucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hell
Posts: 1,278
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hi I have this blue old HW esc with a 8.5 motor and I forgot my paper work at my other house. it works fine but I just added it to a older B44 to race this sunday. I have the tuning box that came with it to time it and all was just wondering the set up when new turn it on hold the button do the radio ? chimes or what I for got. getting old can some one explain it to me before I fry it LOL thanks
chucko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:04 PM
  #12812  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Panther6834's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

All I can say is this:
As of today, it's "goodbye Tekin"...all current vehicles, as well as the vehicles I'm currently building, or collecting parts to build, will ONLY be running HW motors & ESCs. As great as Tekin is, HW is almost as good, and for only slightly higher than half the price.
Panther6834 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:32 PM
  #12813  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,780
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
All I can say is this:
As of today, it's "goodbye Tekin"...all current vehicles, as well as the vehicles I'm currently building, or collecting parts to build, will ONLY be running HW motors & ESCs. As great as Tekin is, HW is almost as good, and for only slightly higher than half the price.
I think you'll see that they are superior in many ways. Were happy you are happy with them...
Slotmachine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:43 PM
  #12814  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (91)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 5,005
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

I see lately that with the newer Faster Radios coming out, that the HW Esc's do not really care for Sanwa SSR or Futaba SR modes. I sent an E-mail, inquiring if this may be resolve via a Firmware update perhaps?

Just so that we can get some info.

- Will post once I hear back.

On another Note has anyone used HW Boat motors and ESC's?

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 03-11-2019 at 01:24 AM.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:09 AM
  #12815  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 17
Default Hobbywing xr10 pro spec settings

Hi all, I am using a hw xr10 pro spec esc for the blinky racing. Recently I was playing with the esc settings and set both "Softening value" and "Softening range" to non-zero values. And the esc stopped blinking, ie, it was not in a blinky mode anymore. All timing/boosting setting were unused. Resetting these values back to zero made esc blinky again. My understanding is that only changing timing/boosting settings would make esc non-blinky. Is this a glitch in a latest firmware update or something expected?

Thank you for your responses!
chajnik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:22 PM
  #12816  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,705
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chajnik View Post
Hi all, I am using a hw xr10 pro spec esc for the blinky racing. Recently I was playing with the esc settings and set both "Softening value" and "Softening range" to non-zero values. And the esc stopped blinking, ie, it was not in a blinky mode anymore. All timing/boosting setting were unused. Resetting these values back to zero made esc blinky again. My understanding is that only changing timing/boosting settings would make esc non-blinky. Is this a glitch in a latest firmware update or something expected?

Thank you for your responses!
The softening values are timing changes. They work by reducing timing at low RPMs. They're not legal for blinky rules which is why it stops blinking.
gigaplex is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:20 PM
  #12817  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
The softening values are timing changes. They work by reducing timing at low RPMs. They're not legal for blinky rules which is why it stops blinking.
Thank you
chajnik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:17 PM
  #12818  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Panther6834's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
The softening values are timing changes. They work by reducing timing at low RPMs. They're not legal for blinky rules which is why it stops blinking.
That makes sense. So, using the XR10 Stock Spec
2S as an example, what programming changes can be made for the ESC to still run in Spec/"Blinky" mode?
Panther6834 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:12 PM
  #12819  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (91)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 5,005
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

In regards to the SSR and SR modes. from HW:

Tech Guru CS (HOBBYWING)

Mar 12, 6:43 AM PDT

Hello,

At this time we do not have a direct answer, but more than likely, this will be addressed. The topic has been brought up enough now, that it's time to come up with a solution.

In the end, faster frame rates for the ESC don't really change much. For the Servo, yes, there are some advantages, but overall, the throttle/ESC side of things, does not really need "Faster" or "more" frame rate resolution.

HOBBYWING
Innovation Powered by Passion
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:59 PM
  #12820  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,705
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
That makes sense. So, using the XR10 Stock Spec
2S as an example, what programming changes can be made for the ESC to still run in Spec/"Blinky" mode?
Pretty much anything that doesn't change the timing. Here's what's in the manual:


Anything that doesn't talk about angular degrees (or the related settings eg boost activation) is fine to change for blinky.
gigaplex is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:38 AM
  #12821  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Panther6834's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Pretty much anything that doesn't change the timing. Here's what's in the manual:


Anything that doesn't talk about angular degrees (or the related settings eg boost activation) is fine to change for blinky.
In other words, with the exception of 1A, and all group 4 & 5 items, everything else can be changed?
Panther6834 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:02 PM
  #12822  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,705
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
In other words, with the exception of 1A, and all group 4 & 5 items, everything else can be changed?
Not quite, 2F and 2G are the softening values that change the timing. I don't think 1A is related to blinky but it's a common rule that you're not meant to have reverse in a race.
gigaplex is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:38 AM
  #12823  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (91)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 5,005
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

So I am going to rebuild my ZX5 FS for my 3 year old to start RC. Yet I am trying to stay on a budget, given I have another son, and his R/C takes up a bit more of the budget.

As such I am looking at using the Quicrun 10 ESC Sensored, and having read the description, was curious as I have the LCD Program box, will I be able to use it on the ESC or do I actually need the LED Program Card??

Thank you.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:03 AM
  #12824  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 3,639
Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Default

The QUICRUN 10BL120 ESC references the LED program card in the manual.


billdelong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:18 AM
  #12825  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (91)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 5,005
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, was just curious if the LCD box works as well with it. I have not head back from HW USA as of yet.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service