HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 02-26-2018, 12:20 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
If youre not getting a propper slgnal from the receiver it wont go into setup mode. Try another receiver....
tried another receiver at the time, same issue.

To clarify, the electronics when paired with a different ESC (2 different ones I tried for a sanity check), but the same model, no issues. Goes right into setup fine.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZJP
What are normal ESC temps on a stock spec v3.1 ESC WITHOUT a fan in 13.5 4wd? Esc coming off at 150, tried gearing up as motor wasnít as hot.
Yikes, I haven't run a fan on my V3.1 in years and it's never been above 120, that was with either a 6.5 OR a 13.5.

Are you running the stock 12awg wire? Do any of the connections look burnt? Does the motor spin freely with the pinion off?
Old 02-26-2018, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Motor is high torque, no binding. This was on a brand new 22-4 2.0 so it’s probably due to the driveline being tight. Wire is 13g.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Hy Everyone!
I have some problem with an XR8 SCT ESC.
I use it in a tekno rc eb48SL on 4S.
Here are the details what am I using in it.
6600mAh Nosram 4s lipo (GEN2)
skyrc toro x8 pro 2150Kv motor
JX 23kg servo HV, I use it on 7.4V
I matched a 18t pinion to my motor, and I set the punch the lowest, rate 1.
The problem is, some kind of starting issue. It lasts only a few sec.
The car tries to start but It can't like there is something stucked in the drivetrain, but I checked it, and it is butter smooth. The gear mesh is good too.
The last time I gave a ride to the car, the ESC was 55 celsius degree, and the motor was 65 celsius degree.
Somebody said in this thread that he and some other driver had similar issue with this ESC, he called it throttle delay if I were remember well.
I hope you can help or at least can give some tip or trick to figoure out something.
Thanks!
Old 02-27-2018, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Gamer
Hy Everyone!
The car tries to start but It can't like there is something stucked in the drivetrain, but I checked it, and it is butter smooth. The gear mesh is good too.
The last time I gave a ride to the car, the ESC was 55 celsius degree, and the motor was 65 celsius degree.
Somebody said in this thread that he and some other driver had similar issue with this ESC, he called it throttle delay if I were remember well.
I hope you can help or at least can give some tip or trick to figoure out something.
Thanks!

1st thing I would check is your sensor wire...
Old 02-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_Gamer
Hy Everyone!
Thanks!
I had a delay, it was terrible with the punch level at 1 if I turn the punch all the way up it was better but there was still a delay
Old 02-28-2018, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZJP
Motor is high torque, no binding. This was on a brand new 22-4 2.0 so itís probably due to the driveline being tight. Wire is 13g.
Hmm, that still seems a bit high. Have you changed the belt inserts at all to free up the drivetrain to run 13.5? Pretty much everyone runs "0" side inserts with "D forward" in the rear.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flamingtire
Hmm, that still seems a bit high. Have you changed the belt inserts at all to free up the drivetrain to run 13.5? Pretty much everyone runs "0" side inserts with "D forward" in the rear.
Thatís what it has in it.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys, need some help, have reached out to HW cust service but not heard anything yet

I have a SCT Pro esc, works fine without the sensor lead plugged in, with the sensorlead plugged in it does nothing (motor doesnt run, esc programme doesnt work)

Its brand new with a brand new 2000kv 1/8 motor

I have updated esc software and box but still the same
Old 03-01-2018, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Headling
Hi Guys, need some help, have reached out to HW cust service but not heard anything yet

I have a SCT Pro esc, works fine without the sensor lead plugged in, with the sensorlead plugged in it does nothing (motor doesnt run, esc programme doesnt work)

Its brand new with a brand new 2000kv 1/8 motor

I have updated esc software and box but still the same
First thing to do: Try another sensor-wire
Do you have another sensored motor to test the esc? Which 2000kv motor are you using? What is the esc set to? "full sensored" or "sensorless/sensored-Hybrid"?
I had a kind of similar problem with a new xr8+, i posted the problem in the XR8+ ESC thread not very long ago. Motor was cogging in sensored mode and also got no max motor rpm and wrong temp readings in data record.
Ended up sending it back to HW and got a new exchange esc meanwhile, which is working flawlessly.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply, the motor is a skyrc toro 1/8th motor (which is new) I could try a 1/10th motor on the esc and see if its the same

if the sensor lead is plugged in the esc doesnt start up (no lights/bleeps etc) then you pull the sensor lead out and it works all ok

As for the sensored/sensor setting, i cant see this as an option on the software/laptop
Old 03-01-2018, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Default lag with starting

@RC Gamer

You have 3 settings in the esc which sets your throttle sensitivity at idle/zero.
set it wider.

- Neutral Range6% (Narrow)9% (Normal)12% (Wide)

Have fun.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, the motor is a skyrc toro 1/8th motor (which is new) I could try a 1/10th motor on the esc and see if its the same

if the sensor lead is plugged in the esc doesnt start up (no lights/bleeps etc) then you pull the sensor lead out and it works all ok

As for the sensored/sensor setting, i cant see this as an option on the software/laptop
Is the motor a 6-pole? I am asking because i dont know if the sct pro esc can handle it. Some years ago with my old blue Xerun 150A installed in a Team C T8E buggy, the 2350kv 4P sensored Turnigy Trackstar motor did not run in sensored mode, just a few sec's and then the esc stopped and blinked wildly, so i decided to run it without sensor-wire and it worked great . However, this Turnigy Trackstar motor seems to come out the same factory, where the Tenshock and Toro motors are made. Back in the days, some people had compability problems with the Xerun 150A and sensored 4P/6P Toro/Tenshock/Trackstar motors.
Dont know if this is still a current problem with the newer generation HW-esc's
Old 03-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Appreciate the help, well I got it sorted in the end

Re did the software, set the end points again and a new sensor lead and we are in business!

Itís a 4 pole toro 2150kv 1/8 motor
Old 03-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Appreciate the help, well I got it sorted in the end

Re did the software, set the end points again and a new sensor lead and we are in business!

Itís a 4 pole toro 2150kv 1/8 motor
The motor that you use is the toro x8 pro 2150Kv?
If yes, then I had/have a similar problem with my brushless combo.
The difference is the ESC I have the XR8 SCT.
When I do not use the sensor wire it runs flawless, but when I stick it back the cogging returns....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.