Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 11-29-2017, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Here’s the part number for the case upgrade HWA30850006 and the web link for it on AMain Hobbies
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...yABEgLuX_D_BwE
Old 11-29-2017, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jwilliams5
Here’s the part number for the case upgrade HWA30850006 and the web link for it on AMain Hobbies
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...yABEgLuX_D_BwE
JW-
Thank you again!
Old 11-29-2017, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

No problem. I also forgot to mention that extra shock orings under the fan could also help. You’ll need longer screws but placing the orings under the fan will cushion it against impacts.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There's a 2wd 40+ mod race that I am gonna attend. I hooked a 5.5 to my just stock. (Ya I know it seems stupid) I turned my epa down to 80 and set punch at 8. I ran it for a minute in the driveway it seemed fine. Was kinda thinking I may not pull enough amps to overcook the esc. Does the esc have thermal protection if it does get Hot? Or is it gonna smoke? I could swap out the esc. Was just feeling lazy. Thanks
Old 11-29-2017, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Not sure if that one has thermal but it should. The xr10 justock does I’m almost positive. However, neither of these speedos will last very long with a 5.5 no matter what you do. Especially under race pace and conditions. You should definitely change the speedo out to at least a 120amp speedo. Even though it’s in a 2wd buggy it will still pull a ton of amps.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

2018 HOBBYWING TEAM USA DRIVER (SPD) Application

::::::::::: Application period is now active :::::::::

You will be contacted by our team officials if you are selected.
The HOBBYWING Sponsored Driver Team is dedicated to promoting the HOBBYWING brand. Participation in the organization's programs is subject to the observance of the organization's rules and procedures.

Check requirements before applying

Requirements for Application

- I am a HOBBYWING advocate and I have been using HOBBYWING products for years >

- I am one of the fastest drivers in my region, and TQ'd & Won A-Main in regional or national race events in last 2 years>

- I love what I do & R/C is my passion >

if your answer is YES on all of the above,
click the link below

*Even if you are currently sponsored by HOBBYWING at any level,
you need to submit the application. No exception is allowed.

We do not accept any questions about the sponsorship program.

Click the link below to apply!
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/blog...ip-program-usa
Old 11-30-2017, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So I have read through about a year or so of posts in this thread looking for an answer but to no success.

I have the wifi module and it works with no problem when using my ipad but I cannot connect it to my android phone. The phone just will not connect to the wifi network that the module broadcasts. I even tried 3 different phones running 3 different versions of android and none of them will connect to the module's wifi network. The phones all attempt to connect, say authentication error immediately, and stop attempting to connect. The password and device name are all correct because they are the exact same ones I use when connecting the ipad (again, no problems with the ipad).

Is there a trick to getting an android phone to connect? If I have to carry a separate device to program my ESCs, I might as well just use the programming box.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

I’m not sure about the android question. Did you download the Hobbywing app for Android directly from hobbywingdirect? That’s my suggestion. I know some people were having issues when they downloaded it from the play store or whatever androids App Store is called. If this doesn’t solve your issue please contact cobra her on this forum. He is a Hobbywing tech if I recall correctly. Hands down the best source for Hobbywing info.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Please help

I purchased a Hobbywing Xerun XR10 Pro Stock Spec V4 Sensored Brushless ESC from an online retailer

I have not been able to get the ESC to properly calibrate.

I power up the radio TX, power up the ESC, press and hold button, ESC blinks red,
then with throttle trigger at neutral, press button once get green light and one beep, then full throttle trigger back and get green light and two beeps,
but forward trigger for brakes is not recognized. No light, no beep.

I disconnect the lipo, reconnect lipo, power up ESC , throttle kinda works, half power but cogs, and no brakes.

The radio TX works with my other cars, no problems with my other HW ESCs

I put in new sensor wire, no change

Put in a different motor, try to calibrate, same as before, weak power, no brakes

Tested both motors on a motor analyzer, both normal. I have used these motors on other RC cars all worked fine.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tekin112000
Please help

I purchased a Hobbywing Xerun XR10 Pro Stock Spec V4 Sensored Brushless ESC from an online retailer

I power up the radio TX, power up the ESC, press and hold button, ESC blinks red,
then with throttle trigger at neutral, press button once get green light and one beep, then full throttle trigger back and get green light and two beeps,

I disconnect the lipo, reconnect lipo, power up ESC , throttle kinda works, half power but cogs, and no brakes.

Put in a different motor, try to calibrate, same as before, weak power, no brakes

Tested both motors on a motor analyzer, both normal. I have used these motors on other RC cars all worked fine.
Futaba radio? If so reverse channel 2 and re calibrate.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Airtronics radio

I did re-bind my TX and RX, no change
Old 12-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Please help

Yes it is a calibration issue but you are doing one thing wrong very simple but we all have done it before.You need to enter calibration mode in one go and that mean powering up the esc and calibration by holding down the power on button all at once it will constantly flash red that when you are in the right mode for calibration.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

yes ESC light is constantly flashing red when I start calibration.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

yes ESC light is constantly flashing red when I start calibration.
So flashing red your in neutral then press button once then full throttle press button again then reverse should work fine after that.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

It should but it does not. I have had many other HW products all have worked

Neutral one beep, full throttle two beeps, full brake nothing

Last edited by tekin112000; 12-05-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.