HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 11-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jwilliams5
It does not to my knowledge. Forgive me for asking, but I have too. Why are you asking?
I was just curious if the Castle link was compatible. Will it work with the Hobbywing program card? or just the LCD display model?
Old 11-25-2017, 04:17 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankf
I have an xr10 stock pro v4 on the way, will my old lcd program box work on this esc? If not and i purchase the wifi module do i also need the newer version of the program box?
i have a older black box and a newer one that i just went to the website and updated the firmware on both with no problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I57mE3umIB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsYvpmX83U8
Old 11-25-2017, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankf
I have an xr10 stock pro v4 on the way, will my old lcd program box work on this esc? If not and i purchase the wifi module do i also need the newer version of the program box?

Your lcd program box will indeed work. You will simply need to update the box to the latest firmware which should already be installed into your new XR10 pro stock esc. Mainly make sure they both have the same programming installed and your good to go.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DROPKICK_RACING
I was just curious if the Castle link was compatible. Will it work with the Hobbywing program card? or just the LCD display model?
I知 not sure what your asking. But to clarify a bit, none of the Hobbywing programs will work with a castle esc or castle link. These are redundant systems in that Hobbywing will work for Hobbywing. And castle will work for castle. But there is no way to use a combination of the 2 programs together on either system.

If this did not answer your question I apologize. But hope it did clear up some of the confusion
Old 11-25-2017, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply guys good to know i don't need to spend more money on another box
Old 11-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I’m having issues with a 3.1 I’m running a 6.5 on turf in a 2wd buggy and the car was cutting in and out almost felt like it was going into lipo mode and then coming back out of it. The speedo, sensor wire and battery are all brand new and have maybe 8-10 runs on them. The battery was fully charged and the sensor wire was plugged in tight.

Any help is appreciated
Old 11-26-2017, 05:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpc07
I知 having issues with a 3.1 I知 running a 6.5 on turf in a 2wd buggy and the car was cutting in and out almost felt like it was going into lipo mode and then coming back out of it. The speedo, sensor wire and battery are all brand new and have maybe 8-10 runs on them. The battery was fully charged and the sensor wire was plugged in tight.

Any help is appreciated
What's your LVC set? I agree, it sounds like you are hitting the cutoff. You could try dropping it a bit and see if that fixes your problem.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

I’m having issues with a 3.1 I’m running a 6.5 on turf in a 2wd buggy and the car was cutting in and out almost felt like it was going into lipo mode and then coming back out of it. The speedo, sensor wire and battery are all brand new and have maybe 8-10 runs on them. The battery was fully charged and the sensor wire was plugged in tight.

Any help is appreciated
Sounds as if your speedo is sensing the voltage drop under hard acceleration. There are options to delete your issue. First I suggest if your batteries are older and/or lower quality to upgrade the battery. If you look at the data logs it will show you the lowest sensed voltage by the speedo. If this value is lower than your preset lipo cutoff, it will in turn reduce the power outpu until it goes above the threshold. If you feel your batteries are high quality or new enough with a high C rating you can simply turn the voltage cutoff off in the speedo. This will allow you to race as needed without interruption. But beware the speedo will not cutoff for lipo mode. It will run until there is no battery voltage left. And in doing this will damage your battery. But most racers won’t practice this long or race this long.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I知 having issues with a 3.1 I知 running a 6.5 on turf in a 2wd buggy and the car was cutting in and out almost felt like it was going into lipo mode and then coming back out of it. The speedo, sensor wire and battery are all brand new and have maybe 8-10 runs on them. The battery was fully charged and the sensor wire was plugged in tight.

Any help is appreciated
Spectrum radio system?
Old 11-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I appreciate the feedback. My LVC setting was on “auto” as I’m new to Hobbywing and didn’t realize that was default. I’ve changed it to 3.0v per cell. But won’t be able to test it until next race night.

My batteries are new and high quality

And it’s a Sanwa m12s radio.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I appreciate the feedback. My LVC setting was on 殿uto as I知 new to Hobbywing and didn稚 realize that was default. I致e changed it to 3.0v per cell. But won稚 be able to test it until next race night.

My batteries are new and high quality

And it痴 a Sanwa m12s radio.
Some of us have found that the 3.1 ESC voltage readings are a bit low compared to a proper multimeter and tend to hit cutoff at the auto settings prematurely. The workaround is to lower the cutoff point as you've done.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Constantly replacing fan question

I have a hobbywing xr10 pro that I run in an xray XB4 4WD buggy. It has the 25x25 fan. I am having to replace this fan after ever couple races days. Sometimes only getting 1 race day. One of the propellers breaks off, or sometimes it just stops turning, like a broken connection. I am without exaggeration on my 12th fan in this car. I check, the screws are tight for the fan, the speed control is well mounted to the chassis eliminating as much play as possible. Is there anything else I can try or do? Am i not alone with this problem? That is all I really want to hear. Thanks for any suggestions or input.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

I used the WTF fan to replace my stock fans. That helped a ton not to mention that the speedo ran cooler. I also removed the quarts as I noticed that a blade would get stuck in there either before or after it broke off and would ruin the rest of the otherwise working fan. I have now upgraded my upper case to the 30mm fan casing which allows me to run the WTF 30mm fan. These aren稚 bullet proof, but way more durable than the smaller fans. I have one in my XR8 Plus esc as well installed in my MBX7R Eco. It痴 ran all season so far versus the original HW fans.

Originally Posted by simmyjellers
I have a hobbywing xr10 pro that I run in an xray XB4 4WD buggy. It has the 25x25 fan. I am having to replace this fan after ever couple races days. Sometimes only getting 1 race day. One of the propellers breaks off, or sometimes it just stops turning, like a broken connection. I am without exaggeration on my 12th fan in this car. I check, the screws are tight for the fan, the speed control is well mounted to the chassis eliminating as much play as possible. Is there anything else I can try or do? Am i not alone with this problem? That is all I really want to hear. Thanks for any suggestions or input.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jwilliams5
I used the WTF fan to replace my stock fans. That helped a ton not to mention that the speedo ran cooler. I also removed the quarts as I noticed that a blade would get stuck in there either before or after it broke off and would ruin the rest of the otherwise working fan. I have now upgraded my upper case to the 30mm fan casing which allows me to run the WTF 30mm fan. These aren稚 bullet proof, but way more durable than the smaller fans. I have one in my XR8 Plus esc as well installed in my MBX7R Eco. It痴 ran all season so far versus the original HW fans.
JW-
Thanks for the reply. the last 3 fans i had were WTF fans. i was hoping that would help. but it did not. I will look into the 30mm fans. i never even thought of that. i have about a dozen of those already. is there a specific HW 30mm case for the 10th scale ESC? thanks again jimmy
Old 11-29-2017, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Yes hobbywing sells it as an upgraded case set for the xr10 Pro. You can also get the 25 to 30 mm fan adapter. You bolt the adapter down on the 25mm holes then bolt the fan down to the 30mm holes. Wtf makes an angle mount and also the adapter I believe. AMain as well as many other shops sell the upgraded case set which is machined to accept the larger 30mm fan. Another option when using the 30mm fans is the yeah Racing aluminum case fans. They’re supposed to be a little bit more durable. I hope it helps as buying fans all the time is annoying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.