Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 10-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Glad I could help. That’s definitely cheaper than another motor. Also you can run sensorless in the meantime to keep running till the new part arrives. Just be sure an pay attention to the rotor washers. Been a while since I looked inside a HW 540 motor, but as long as it’s reassembled the way it came apart it should run as good as new!
Old 10-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jwilliams5
Hello. I have yet another question. Thanks for the help with my xr8 plus! Itís been running flawlessly all season. My question today however involves a v3.1 120a. It runs fine. Responds as it should to my radio and WiFi express. But after the second full race day on it, it no longer cuts on by the switch or off by the switch. Once the battery is plugged in it cuts on, and only cuts off once the battery is unplugged. Again, performance wise itís working flawlessly, but no fan power on the fan only port, and I cannot turn it on or off via the switch. I have only run a 10.5 with it so far as itís only two weekends old. But just wanted an expert opinion on what may have caused this issue and if this will develop into a bigger issue. I race outside until weather makes me go inside to carpet off-road. The esc is in a B6D. No temp issues at all. Any and all help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Fet damaged thus the reason the switch no longer turns the esc on or off.
It is one fet on the bottom of the circuit board it will have another fet on top with 3 pins shorted across and one pin not.You will need to change that fet and all will go back to normal
Old 10-23-2017, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Hobbywing Team,

I have had nothing but great luck running your speed controllers on all of my platforms for three years, and I've encountered my first issue this past weekend with my new XR10 - Pro 2s 160A Speedo. I am looking for some help guiding me through maybe what I could have setup wrong, or help diagnose what caused this malfunction to prevent it from happening again.

I am running a 17.5 Team Scream Motor, 2wd Buggy Blinky on Carpet, and during my warmup lap heading into my main the car was took off normal, but hit my first jump and the speed controller went into full break mode and locked up. I turned the speed controller off, turned it back on, and I could hear the motor laboring when I gave it throttle. I tried the reset sequence where you press and hold the power button, and was able to get power to the motor, then all at once the motor went up in smoke and fried the motor (Stinky). The ESC was not hot, neither was the Battery, so I dont think I ruined anything other than the motor.

Can someone help me diagnose what could have gone wrong here?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cgroberts302
Hobbywing Team,

I have had nothing but great luck running your speed controllers on all of my platforms for three years, and I've encountered my first issue this past weekend with my new XR10 - Pro 2s 160A Speedo. I am looking for some help guiding me through maybe what I could have setup wrong, or help diagnose what caused this malfunction to prevent it from happening again.

I am running a 17.5 Team Scream Motor, 2wd Buggy Blinky on Carpet, and during my warmup lap heading into my main the car was took off normal, but hit my first jump and the speed controller went into full break mode and locked up. I turned the speed controller off, turned it back on, and I could hear the motor laboring when I gave it throttle. I tried the reset sequence where you press and hold the power button, and was able to get power to the motor, then all at once the motor went up in smoke and fried the motor (Stinky). The ESC was not hot, neither was the Battery, so I dont think I ruined anything other than the motor.

Can someone help me diagnose what could have gone wrong here?

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris.

You motor shorted one of the phases shorted out .Esc will be fine.

Any other issues please email [email protected]
Old 10-23-2017, 03:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for the quick response! Makes sense to me.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I purchased a Hobbywing Xerun XR10 Pro Stock Spec V4 Sensored Brushless ESC and it is not blinking . The guy I bought it from said he did use boost. Are these speedos shipped in boost mode or blink mode? I should be getting my LCD box soon so I can change it into blinky mode. Since you can't change without it correct?
Old 10-25-2017, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

You are correct, nothing can be done outside of calibration without a box or WiFi express. As far as I know all of the HW esc’s are shipped in Blinky mode. If the guy said he used boos, then that’s why it isn’t blinking. Basically if your at a stock no timing event, the esc tells whoever is running tech that it has timing added. I call it the tattle tale light!
Old 10-25-2017, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Want to know what is the rotor size for the XeRun Bandit G2 4.5? I don't see that info in hw web, thx
Old 10-25-2017, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buckeye dan
I purchased a Hobbywing Xerun XR10 Pro Stock Spec V4 Sensored Brushless ESC and it is not blinking . The guy I bought it from said he did use boost. Are these speedos shipped in boost mode or blink mode? I should be getting my LCD box soon so I can change it into blinky mode. Since you can't change without it correct?
If it's a stock spec esc there shouldn't be any boost settings. FYI the v3.1 I recently bought came factory in "modify" profile.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Not sure why you couldn’t find it, it’s right on Hobbywing a website. 12.3 is the stock rotor for the 4.5 and 3.5. You can also find it in the downloadable manuals as well.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

The stock spec can be boosted and turboíd Just like the full V3.1 120a. But it should come in Blinky mode not with timing from the factory. But the guy he purchased it from couldíve boosted it for his needs. Get the HW box or WiFi express and it can be set to anything you want.

Originally Posted by windycityblues
If it's a stock spec esc there shouldn't be any boost settings. FYI the v3.1 I recently bought came factory in "modify" profile.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by windycityblues
Stock spec. speed controls can add timing, the juststock has no timing features.If Im not mistaken.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I will run 17.5 stock class and would like to know which model would have an option to run HV servos? And also work with the Wifi module. Thank you in advance.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

The V3.1, and XR10 Pro both offer options to up the BEC to 7.4V viathe program box or WIFI express. Those are the only 2 current Hobbywing speedos that have this option in 1/10 scale.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Correct

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Stock spec. speed controls can add timing, the juststock has no timing features.If Im not mistaken.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.