Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 08-22-2017, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=SlashBash10;15001090]Just got a hobby wing xr10 pro stock spec and the esc shut off after idling for 5-10 seconds sometimes. This is my first run on it. Qoute]

It sounds like no signal from the radio if they don't get a signal in a certain amount of time they will shut off
Old 08-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Phillip F
first time running 2wd Mod 7.5 . I am running the pro xr10 160A.

Should I put it on Model 3 " Buggy 2wd Modify" and be done with it?

Or are there different settings that I need to know to make the car easier to drive.?
1st thing I would do is hook the unit up to your PC using the hobby wing program. As you click on each setting a window opens on the right side and explains every setting to you, this is probably the best way to get to learn the adjustments.I would not leave it at a stock setting.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Have you calibrated the radio to Esc ?
Try a Sensor wire that you can garentee is working on another set up .I run my 21.5 at 52゚ .
Old 08-24-2017, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E-Mann
I had the second V3.1 stop working today. Everything is connected fine but the esc will not power on with the button. One is a stock spec that did this a few months ago and today the v3.1 pro started doing the same thing. I run on a dusty track and have opened both up and cleaned with contact cleaner. No luck. Neither are responsive to program box or will connect to the PC. Both are out of warranty. Is there anything else I can try or does HW offer a flat replacement fee?

I started using HW because of the built in switch, thinking it would be more reliable than the external switch on other ESC's but apparently not?
Any input?
Old 08-24-2017, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Posting to say thank-you to HOBBYWING for having great products, and superb customer service. Long story short, I stopped racing in 2009 due to having twins. Got back in a couple summers ago, happened on to Hobbywing Justock XR10's via ebay, and all I can say is performance for dollar spent is amazing. Got the program box, bunch of their esc's , and me and the kids are having a blast. Over the past summer, with 5 of these "budget" speedos, I plugged one in backwards (duh!) and toasted it, and one other used one simply quit while running, but Hobbywing has taken care of me quickly and painlessly through their online RMA process. No, they don't send me free ones, and I don't ask. But they have given me a price cut on each one for a new unit, even though it has either been my mistake, or past warranty (used anyways). I've emailed back and forth with them sometimes with nothing but banter, hardly worth their reply, but they always reply and do so promptly. So yes, thanks Hobbywing for keeping my kids and myself affordably on the track
Old 08-28-2017, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Just to close the loop: got a HW motor and it works just fine. So IMO, REDs and MW no worky together.

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack
XR8 Pro XR-4.2.08 with Reds motor...

Motor stutters at start and can lock up while red led remains on. I can go to full throttle in that state and the motor doesn't budge. Motor whines softly. Have to go back to neutral and try again and it usually goes. When it sticks, red led on, and I hold at full throttle for a few seconds, whine stops and green led remains blinking BUT now the motor works fine, no stutter. Thought it went into sensorless mode but manual says otherwise.

Tried new sensor wire. Recalibrated.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a Hobbywing XR10 Stock Spec 80amp speedo. I have to be doing soemthing wrong because I just don't have enough brakes. I've gone through the manual and tried different settings but it doesnt seem to make much of a difference.

Can someone by chance give me a setup that will offer maximum brake on this speedo? I can work backwards from there to get them where I want.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

before you touch any settings, I suggest you examine your capacitor. Make sure it's not coming off, burned up, etc.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
I have a Hobbywing XR10 Stock Spec 80amp speedo. I have to be doing soemthing wrong because I just don't have enough brakes. I've gone through the manual and tried different settings but it doesnt seem to make much of a difference.

Can someone by chance give me a setup that will offer maximum brake on this speedo? I can work backwards from there to get them where I want.
Just asked the same question a couple of months ago and got some help. I'm running a 21.5 on-road in USGT.

The major change was changing the Brake Control setting to Linear. The instructions say Traditional is stronger, but that was not my experience. Currently running:

Drag Brake - 10%
Brake Force - 100%
Initial Brake = Drag Brake
Brake Curve - Linear
Brake Freq. - 0.5K
Brake Control - Linear

After changing from Traditional to Linear, I had to add some dual rate on my transmitter to reduce brake slightly...... which was a nice change.

Bruce
Old 08-31-2017, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Posting to say thank-you to HOBBYWING for having great products, and superb customer service. Long story short, I stopped racing in 2009 due to having twins. Got back in a couple summers ago, happened on to Hobbywing Justock XR10's via ebay, and all I can say is performance for dollar spent is amazing. Got the program box, bunch of their esc's , and me and the kids are having a blast. Over the past summer, with 5 of these "budget" speedos, I plugged one in backwards (duh!) and toasted it, and one other used one simply quit while running, but Hobbywing has taken care of me quickly and painlessly through their online RMA process. No, they don't send me free ones, and I don't ask. But they have given me a price cut on each one for a new unit, even though it has either been my mistake, or past warranty (used anyways). I've emailed back and forth with them sometimes with nothing but banter, hardly worth their reply, but they always reply and do so promptly. So yes, thanks Hobbywing for keeping my kids and myself affordably on the track
Thats great to hear! This is the kind of post I like to see, because I know Hobbywing has the best items and service...
Old 08-31-2017, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1
That's nice to hear. Not common in my experience. The cobra guy on here has provided much help and support due to crappy experiences many have had with hwna. The word must of made it up the chain and they are in damage control now. Who knows. Glad to hear you did well with the product and support. It's always awesome to see the excitement in kids with rc cars.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default XR10 Justock ESC

Is the sensor cable port on the XR10 Justock ESC compatible with other brand cables? I tried protek and schurspeed just fall out. I thought they were universal.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Question just purchased the xr10 stock spec and wondering if I can use the capacitor from the xr10 pro
Old 09-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RsA89
Is the sensor cable port on the XR10 Justock ESC compatible with other brand cables? I tried protek and schurspeed just fall out. I thought they were universal.
They should work fine. Make sure you put it in correctly and push it all thr way on with a small flat item like a mini screwdriver.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm having a hard time connecting my wifi module to my ESCs all of a sudden and it won't reset and let me access them. I've followed all the steps to reset it as per HWs guide but nada.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.