HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 10-22-2012, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ok so am I doing this right?

I am running an old Novak 13.5T in a 22SCT with a Xerun 2.1 60amp ESC with the v3.0_XXX_Stock firmware.

Settings are like this...

Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Ok so am I doing this right?

I am running an old Novak 13.5T in a 22SCT with a Xerun 2.1 60amp ESC with the v3.0_XXX_Stock firmware.

Settings are like this...

usually if boost was 20 i would have turbo at 10 which is a total of 30deg timing . i believe it doen't make sense to have such a large difference . be aware that turbo applies only at full throttle , really you just want that little extra at full throttle otherwise it will possibly be doey till full throttle is applied . also turbo delay off cause lag sux !!! hope this helps
Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Yes It would work fine with that motor.
Yes would work great
Old 10-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by looking for some advice... would a 60a be enough in a 2wd buggy with a 10.5t?Blitzrockey
Yes It would work fine with that motor.
Yes would work great
Old 10-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BigPar
could you post a picture of the plastic part that you dremeled?
It's straight under the motor. The one that looks like a slope. If you cant put the motor in the mount without force you have to dremel more.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Tcc you can email them if you bought it from falconsekido before october 1st and they will send you a updated one no charge.
Has the new sct pro a new code or is it a running change. We have lots of sct pros at our club and fortunately no problems whatsoever.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

well, I ran the blinky 508 for the first time this weekend. Brakes were not great. If I run the stock firmware with boost and turbo set to 0, would I get the same feel as 508 but with better brakes?
Old 10-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Has the new sct pro a new code or is it a running change. We have lots of sct pros at our club and fortunately no problems whatsoever.
It is a running change I believe. Not to say everyone out there will have problems. If there is any problems and it was bought at falcon sekido then there is always that option.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gogi108
usually if boost was 20 i would have turbo at 10 which is a total of 30deg timing . i believe it doen't make sense to have such a large difference . be aware that turbo applies only at full throttle , really you just want that little extra at full throttle otherwise it will possibly be doey till full throttle is applied . also turbo delay off cause lag sux !!! hope this helps
Ahhh Ok, I didnt know that.

I thought that once full throttle was reached that Turbo took over from boost not that Boost and Turbo were added.

Sweet Ill change it to 10 for turbo and ditch the delay. The only reason I had the delay is that there is a small straight that you hit Full throttle on but its too short to have the turbo kick in.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Will the SCT PRO be coming out with new software? Oh and question on the program box. I have the SCT pro and 150Amp esc do i need to use different program boxes for each or will just one work for both?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. 300
Ok I just got my first Hobbywing esc yesterday. I got the 150A sct pro. I have been reading this thread to find out if there is a solution to the delay going from neutral to full throttle. Did anybody find a fix to that yet? If so what is it because I read as much as I could on here and havent seen an answer to it yet.

I do have another question. I think I was told that the hobbywind esc's can be programmed with the castle link. Is that true and if so would that fix this problem and possibly be able to add boost to this esc since it is not offered in the programing by the lcd program box that I got?

No, i beleive they said the delay is a safety thing so it wont be changed...

Thank you
Originally Posted by Kevin_M
Will the SCT PRO be coming out with new software? Oh and question on the program box. I have the SCT pro and 150Amp esc do i need to use different program boxes for each or will just one work for both?
i doubt new software as they just did a new update to the SCT Pro in sept. i beleive...and both should work but i kno most hook up differently than the SCT Pro since the sct pro uses the fan port and not like others
Old 10-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mxer59
Just got a SCT PRO COMBO (4000kv 4-pole) I set everything up, set endpoints I made half a lap and it stopped? Also had a slight cog. (System is brand new)
I emailed Falkonsekido and they said to update software?
Has anyone else had this problem
looks like i'm in the same boat. falconsekido was great... got it to my mailbox in three days last week. got it all put together on my new mip setup and took it out for some test runs. i'd make a couple circles and it would come to a crawl or stop. by the time i started to walk over to it... it was back alive and well. all my connections look good and tight. only thing i changed via progam box was lipo count from auto detect to 2s 7.4 since that is all i run. i've tested this twice with the same result... two diff lipos. i'll try some more testing then maybe the sware upgrade. any other ideas?

-thanks-
Attached Thumbnails HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD-hwing.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

One issue I may have with the SCT Pro with the HW 4700kv is that it sounds like its chewing up rocks. The mesh is pinion and spur are correct (Nylon spur and steel pinion) I take the motor off the spur and the cars sounds fine. Has anyone else have this or is it not really a problem?

The SCTE runs like a rocket its just loud.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin_M
One issue I may have with the SCT Pro with the HW 4700kv is that it sounds like its chewing up rocks. The mesh is pinion and spur are correct (Nylon spur and steel pinion) I take the motor off the spur and the cars sounds fine. Has anyone else have this or is it not really a problem?

The SCTE runs like a rocket its just loud.
it is normal...some of the noise is also the 4 pole motor, also the mod1 mesh is kinda noisy so its all the' above. The noise almost sounds notchy, right...Like clicking on every tooth as it advances?

So its loud as you push it back and forth or when you run it, it does make some noise but shouldnt be super loud...maybe move motor back and forth and try it everytime and see if it gets louder or quieter by moving the motor in and out

U think this is loud, have you heard the RTR gear on the SCTE...now thats loud, lol?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gernaat
looks like i'm in the same boat. falconsekido was great... got it to my mailbox in three days last week. got it all put together on my new mip setup and took it out for some test runs. i'd make a couple circles and it would come to a crawl or stop. by the time i started to walk over to it... it was back alive and well. all my connections look good and tight. only thing i changed via progam box was lipo count from auto detect to 2s 7.4 since that is all i run. i've tested this twice with the same result... two diff lipos. i'll try some more testing then maybe the sware upgrade. any other ideas?

-thanks-
got out this afternoon and tested another pack. i'd say i probably ran it for about 8 mins on the road. during that time... i experienced the issue about 7 or 8 times. i was basically going in an oval that had about 40 ft straights. when it occurs, it comes to a crawl for about 10ft or 5 secs. i never lose steering. i never see any lights indicating lvc or thermal. after that 10ft or so it comes to a complete stop. now... after about 1 to 2 seconds of nothing i'm back to full power. i also learned that if i keep the throttle pegged when this occurs... it will take off full throttle after the 1 to 2 seconds of dead throttle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.