HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 02-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
*sigh* had an up and down day with my hobbywing ESCs. The Good, the 1/10 V3.1 and XR10 Juststock ESCs all worked flawlessly for both 1/10 buggy blinky and 1/10 4wd (13.5 setups).

For my XR8 SCT Pro escs, I was 1 for 2. The first ESC (Mine) in my 1/10 4wd SCT Started initially and then nothing. It would power on, but take no throttle inputs at all. Did the rebuild procedure, nothing. It would power the receiver fine and the steering was fine. So was unable to run my 4wd SCT at all.

For my daughters 4x4 SCT it worked flawlessly.

So looks like time to do the RMA procedure again. I am hopeful the issues I had last time were one offs.
Was the steering working on the sct? You said the receiver lit up.
You are not getting a signal from the radio, either try to set up a new model in your radio for that truck and rebind or try a new receiver. I have seen this work several times myself. Also make sure the throttle is set to reverse.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
So I send out my LCD program box to Hobbywing and they updated my box.

Anybody knows what the latest firmware is for the Stock Spec V3.1? Just want to check if my esc are running the current one.
Did it fix your issue with not being able to connect it to the PC?
Old 02-07-2017, 06:32 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Was the steering working on the sct? You said the receiver lit up.
You are not getting a signal from the radio, either try to set up a new model in your radio for that truck and rebind or try a new receiver. I have seen this work several times myself. Also make sure the throttle is set to reverse.

yup steering worked, receiver lit up fine, ESC even lit up and did its programming chimes just no output to the throttle.

I'll give that a try before sending off thanks!
Old 02-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Mkay So! I am setting up 2 identical cars:

ESC's are Quicrun 1060's

Transmitters are Flysky FS-GT3B units, set identically.

I tried everything I can think of for my car, and got steering but NO motor activity. Short beep and flashing LED from the git go. So I tried to set up my Girl's car, and.....Perfect-O 1st time!

The only thing I did differently on mine was to remove the plastic 3-wire clip on the Rx wire (When I first had a prob, short beep & flashing) and try all the different combinations of the 3 W/R/Bk in the Channel 2 RX slot. Is it possible that in doing so I messed up the ESC or the receiver? I did put pieces of cardboard between the individual clips so they didn't touch while I was trying all the possible combos.

99% of the time I have probs with brand new stuff, it turns out to be my dumb mistake, but this has me thinking the ESC really is a malfunc, unless I put the Power wire from it to the receiver and THAT's the prob now.

ANY opinions, I'm all ears! (Eyes?) Thanks Mates, Chris REC
Old 02-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toyranosaur
Mkay So! I am setting up 2 identical cars:

ESC's are Quicrun 1060's

Transmitters are Flysky FS-GT3B units, set identically.

I tried everything I can think of for my car, and got steering but NO motor activity. Short beep and flashing LED from the git go. So I tried to set up my Girl's car, and.....Perfect-O 1st time!

The only thing I did differently on mine was to remove the plastic 3-wire clip on the Rx wire (When I first had a prob, short beep & flashing) and try all the different combinations of the 3 W/R/Bk in the Channel 2 RX slot. Is it possible that in doing so I messed up the ESC or the receiver? I did put pieces of cardboard between the individual clips so they didn't touch while I was trying all the possible combos.

99% of the time I have probs with brand new stuff, it turns out to be my dumb mistake, but this has me thinking the ESC really is a malfunc, unless I put the Power wire from it to the receiver and THAT's the prob now.

ANY opinions, I'm all ears! (Eyes?) Thanks Mates, Chris REC
If you tried every combination, then you've definitely applied voltage backwards and to pins that weren't meant to receive voltage. There is a chance you've damaged the receiver. It's unlikely that it would have damaged the ESC. Try swapping receivers between cars to test if that's the case.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

EEEEeeyaaaaaerrrm.... Pretty much what I thought. New Rx are under$9 on Ebay, so have another one coming. I probably put juice to the Signal post & bad things happened. I'd done it to other cars years ago & all was fine, but the new stuff must be easier to piss off! Thanks Mate, Chris REC
Old 02-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Alright so I did a bit more work on the ESC to see if I could see anything else. Tried a different channel on the receiver (steering) to confirm it was seeing any input since that does technically work. Nothing there. I then went and tried to connect my LCD box, but it would not connect.

All I get right now is on power up, its a quick green and red blink, like lightning fast, then just 3 green blinks, pause, and then three green blinks, over and over.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a 3652 3800 kv motor and a xr8 sct pro esc and all I've done is change the esc to full sensor. I feel like I need a bit more low and mid range power.

What can I do with the timing to achieve that. And what effect will it make?
Old 02-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bad6as
I have a 3652 3800 kv motor and a xr8 sct pro esc and all I've done is change the esc to full sensor. I feel like I need a bit more low and mid range power.

What can I do with the timing to achieve that. And what effect will it make?
Yes you can turn up the timing and the punch setting
Old 02-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Yes you can turn up the timing and the punch setting
Have you tested turning up the timing on the motor can ?
Old 02-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
Have you tested turning up the timing on the motor can ?
Doesn't additional cam timing reduce torque
Old 02-09-2017, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Have not touched can timing on that motor yet but it should react like any other motor. How is your motor temperature?
Old 02-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Just slightly....But it will make more power and rpm.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Whiskey63
HW Link Android Phone App Bug?
I had some very tech smart friends at the track trouble shoot my HW products to see why I couldn't change and save the parameters on my HW XR10 Stock Spec with the WiFi Express and HW Link Android phone app. So there was no operator error in following the setup or procedures to use the equipment or the phone app. For some reason the Android app that downloads off of Play Store and Hobbywing Direct website will not work with my Samsung Note 5. Unfortunately there were no other Samsung phones available to see if it was specifically my model phones or all Android based phones. The IPhone version worked flawlessly. It was suggested to me to use an older version of the Android app. If so, can someone post a link to it. Thanks
I AM having issues with my note 5 not being able to select some of the options. Anything I have to tap screen to select a change doesn't work. I have to tap screen 50 times in some cases to get it to select it. Did any note 5 users find a solution to this yet.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone found a solution for galaxy note 5 so I don't have to click a setting 50 times before it will take the change??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.