HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 12-20-2016, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bomba
Rookie question:

I've got a Justock Club Spec blue ESC laying in a drawer and I'm wondering if I can safely wire it up to a 10.5T Trinity motor that I have, running on 2S. It would be for bashing my old B5M, not racing.

Specs say: With 2S Lipo or 4-6 cells NiMH, 1/10 on-road>=8.5T, 1/10 off-road>=11.5T
There really isn't a correct answer here. Hobbywing doesn't really recommend it, but if you are going to run primarily on the streets, run a fan, and keep the motor geared properly you may be able to pull it off. I would keep a close eye on ESC temp AND wire temp (they will likely get warm since they are only 14awg).

If you plan on driving in grass, dirt, etc. I wouldn't recommend doing it. Running in grass/dirt puts a very heavy load (much more than a racetrack as you are more than likely wide-open for longer periods of time) on the system.

Keep in mind that if the ESC gets cooked they likely won't warranty it since the motor was "out of specification." But, if its just an extra ESC you don't need, might as well give it a shot.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last edited by rcuser67898578; 12-09-2023 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default hobbywing xerun 150amp stops working

I am running a hobbywing xerun 150amp esc and the tacon 96m802 motor 2150 kv. on 4S 5000 mah battery I have gone through all the programming for throttle end points and with the programming card set all my functions. when you acc. it doesnot seen to get to full top end lucky to be half. then the motor will stop and the red light on the esc will flash. you can shut it off turn back on and it will run again and then the same thing happen. I was able one time to get a burst that would rip your arm off if it was not on the stand. Please any help or ideas
Thanks
Old 12-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Did you try another brand new sensor wire? Make sure you seat it all the way into the speed control and motor.
4 new sensor wires. They're plugged in all the way. I unplug them it works just fine, plug it back in...nothing. A couple times it will turn with it plugged in, but when i return to neutral....nothing again. Like I said, servo and cooling fans working fine, just nothing when the sensor wire is plugged in. Probably just going to send it in and buy another one in the meantime.

Originally Posted by flamingtire
Did this particular V3.1 ever work properly in the past? If so, did anything "change" from then to now? OR, is this a brand new ESC to you?
This one...I actually bought used off of a buddy. I am unaware of it not working previously, as it was sold to me in working condition. #pandorasbox
Old 12-22-2016, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i can preorder the new 4 pole G2 motors on hobbywing direct but im honestly confused on which one i want. i prefer to stick around 4000kv, as thats what im running now. it looks like the new 3800kv is available in with 5mm rotor but a short can. if i want the big can motor i have to choose between 3600 and 4300kv? why only the short can for the 3800kv?
Old 12-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

whats the max c rating on batteries the xr8 SCT esc can live up to? got a new 8th scale program and decided on some new electronics. cant seem to find anything
Old 12-22-2016, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cuebulon
whats the max c rating on batteries the xr8 SCT esc can live up to? got a new 8th scale program and decided on some new electronics. cant seem to find anything
The C rating on batteries is largely irrelevant to ESCs.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The C rating on batteries is largely irrelevant to ESCs.
Okay then what rating c rating would you say would be to much for a 140 amp ESC? for instance an smc 90c
Old 12-23-2016, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smoke229
i can preorder the new 4 pole G2 motors on hobbywing direct but im honestly confused on which one i want. i prefer to stick around 4000kv, as thats what im running now. it looks like the new 3800kv is available in with 5mm rotor but a short can. if i want the big can motor i have to choose between 3600 and 4300kv? why only the short can for the 3800kv?
I think what is going on is we needed a ROAR legal motor and thats why the new motors are shorter. As far as choices I cant tell you the reason, but paired with the new xr8sct speedcontrol these are the motors you are going to want to have. I think when they are available I am going for the 4300kv motor. I think it is a perfect motor being right between the 4000 and the 4700.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cuebulon
Okay then what rating c rating would you say would be to much for a 140 amp ESC? for instance an smc 90c
C ratings are measured differently by diferent manufacturers so you really dont know exactly what you are getting untill there is an industry standard. Just buy what you like and trust and always charge in a lipo sack.
Most importantly have fun.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Guys i need help asap. I installed a hobbywing v3.1 120a esc in my b44.3 and have the motor setup for a shorty pack. The motor is spinning in the opposite direction and when i went to my wifi module to program it backwards i could not reverse it!! I also tried to reverse it in the radio and it did not work. Please someone update the firmware or give me a tip. Thanks
Old 12-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

I have the same esc in my 44.3. I had a similar if not the same problem when I first picked up the prebuilt roller. I reserviced the diffs and shocks before I put in the electronics. After I calibrated the esc and blinded the radio, the car kept going in reverse when I applied forward throttle. I attempted rebinding the radio and recalibrating the esc several time without any change. I reached out on the forums and before I got a response...I looked at the build instructions and notices something. Before I had a chance to tear into the car, my suspicion was confirmed by the forum response. I had put the front and rear diffs back in with the ring gears on the wrong side. Once I flipped them around, it was gtg!!! Hope this helps
Old 12-24-2016, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by freezeframe007
I have the same esc in my 44.3. I had a similar if not the same problem when I first picked up the prebuilt roller. I reserviced the diffs and shocks before I put in the electronics. After I calibrated the esc and blinded the radio, the car kept going in reverse when I applied forward throttle. I attempted rebinding the radio and recalibrating the esc several time without any change. I reached out on the forums and before I got a response...I looked at the build instructions and notices something. Before I had a chance to tear into the car, my suspicion was confirmed by the forum response. I had put the front and rear diffs back in with the ring gears on the wrong side. Once I flipped them around, it was gtg!!! Hope this helps
Thanks so much man!! I will give it a shot and see how it goes. I was freaking out because wednesday is a points race with this car and i didnt want to run it nonsensored with a trinity motor. Thanks again!
Old 12-25-2016, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I think what is going on is we needed a ROAR legal motor and thats why the new motors are shorter. As far as choices I cant tell you the reason, but paired with the new xr8sct speedcontrol these are the motors you are going to want to have. I think when they are available I am going for the 4300kv motor. I think it is a perfect motor being right between the 4000 and the 4700.

I just purchased the new XR8 sct esc and G2 3652 4300kv from HWNA. I haven't had a chance to test the setup yet but the motor comes w/ 30 degrees of endbell motor timing with a max of 40. I'm curios to see how the motor kv increases or decreases by adjusting the motor timing. With proper gearing & reasonable esc/motor temps, the manual recommends adding more esc timing

Old 12-25-2016, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
I just purchased the new XR8 sct esc and G2 3652 4300kv from HWNA. I haven't had a chance to test the setup yet but the motor comes w/ 30 degrees of endbell motor timing with a max of 40. I'm curios to see how the motor kv increases or decreases by adjusting the motor timing. With proper gearing & reasonable esc/motor temps, the manual recommends adding more esc timing

Typically the KV will should always increase with more timing, as will top speed. However, this does not always translate to quicker lap times. Even when I run oval, if my motor timing is too high, the torque suffers and the car doesn't exit the corners as quickly. Just play around with it and see what you like.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.