Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 09-25-2016, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

I have an XeRun 120a V3.1 with updated firmware (latest as of august 2016).

Is it possible to run a brushed motor with this esc? If so, how? If so, down to how many turns?

Great esc btw, I run it with a 13.5t V10v2. Awesome combo.

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhilipBGreen
whats up guy's I have a quick question I run an xr10 just stock in a 17.5 sct with a protek 100T servo and I noticed the xr10 capacitor is small and I was wondering if it would benefit from the upgraded capacitor's that HW offer's ?
Good question. You really shouldn't have any issues, especially since you are only running a 17.5. However, it never hurts having an extra (or larger) capacitor. I have put the double Hobbywing Capacitor on my JusSock before for some extra reassurance, but didn't have any issues that led me to do so.

I would say if you have the space (on your vehicle) and the extra cap, why not do it?
Old 09-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jabroni racing
WHat REally SUX was the specs says it has a Zero timing ability so I thought that would be blinky but with he program box it only goes as low as 1 for timing, WTH is that crap??? Unfortunately I believe you are right, sux to buy a new speedo to have to spend another $25 for programmer just for spec class racing mode.. UGGG
Grizzbob is dead on. Its a pretty simple process, but yes, you will need the program box and a CPU. You will need to download and install the 508 software for it to be in true "blinky" mode.

I know, its a bit inconvenient, but that's one of the reasons the v3.1 series of ESC's came out
Old 09-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Motor goes in reverse after calibration

I am having an issue with calibrating an esc...

I pulled a working system from one vehicle and put it into another. They came out of a TeamC T4v3 (motor right side/pinion facing aft) and put them into a B44.3 shorty config (motor left side/pinion facing forward). The esc is a HW v3.1 connected to a Reds vx540 6.5. The motor orientation in the new car is opposite from the one it was removed.

I initially tried calibrating per instructions multiple times with the same result...wheels drive in reverse when pulling the throttle. I went back and switched my radio setting from NORM to REV and tried calibrating again....same result.

Another racer told me I had to go into the esc and reverse the motor from there. With the radio back to NORM, I connected the program card and couldn't find any settings for that in the card. Next, I connected the esc to my computer and still didn't find any settings for reversing the motor.

I know people run this platform (b44.3) with the motor on the left side pinion forward (the car manual even shows this config). I am sure I am not the only one to run a HW esc in this platform either.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 09-27-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by freezeframe007
I am having an issue with calibrating an esc...

I pulled a working system from one vehicle and put it into another. They came out of a TeamC T4v3 (motor right side/pinion facing aft) and put them into a B44.3 shorty config (motor left side/pinion facing forward). The esc is a HW v3.1 connected to a Reds vx540 6.5. The motor orientation in the new car is opposite from the one it was removed.

I initially tried calibrating per instructions multiple times with the same result...wheels drive in reverse when pulling the throttle. I went back and switched my radio setting from NORM to REV and tried calibrating again....same result.

Another racer told me I had to go into the esc and reverse the motor from there. With the radio back to NORM, I connected the program card and couldn't find any settings for that in the card. Next, I connected the esc to my computer and still didn't find any settings for reversing the motor.

I know people run this platform (b44.3) with the motor on the left side pinion forward (the car manual even shows this config). I am sure I am not the only one to run a HW esc in this platform either.

Any help is appreciated!
Technically the motor "direction" should be the same. If you ran a B44.3 with a saddle pack system the motor would be situated the same way as your old car. Changing sides of the car doesn't affect this as long as you are on the opposite side of the spur. You would only run into issues if you put the motor on the right side, pinion facing forward OR left side, pinion facing rear (make sense?).

Perhaps the diffs on the Team C are situated on the other side of the pinion (differential pinion) versus the AE car? This would cause a reverse in the drive train from one car to the next 100% of the time.

Anyway, the B44 shouldn't require any reversing of the motor direction. This is a pretty standard way of running a 4wd buggy motor config as of 2016 (AE, Xray, HB, etc.). Make sure your A, B, and C wires are correct. Most sensored systems don't allow reverse operation, so you probably have a conflict somewhere else.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flamingtire
Technically the motor "direction" should be the same. If you ran a B44.3 with a saddle pack system the motor would be situated the same way as your old car. Changing sides of the car doesn't affect this as long as you are on the opposite side of the spur. You would only run into issues if you put the motor on the right side, pinion facing forward OR left side, pinion facing rear (make sense?).

Perhaps the diffs on the Team C are situated on the other side of the pinion (differential pinion) versus the AE car? This would cause a reverse in the drive train from one car to the next 100% of the time.

Anyway, the B44 shouldn't require any reversing of the motor direction. This is a pretty standard way of running a 4wd buggy motor config as of 2016 (AE, Xray, HB, etc.). Make sure your A, B, and C wires are correct. Most sensored systems don't allow reverse operation, so you probably have a conflict somewhere else.
Thank you for the response. Your information didn't so much as give me my answer as much as point out some key points that got my mind going in the right direction. When I got this car, it was configured in saddle config. When I got it, I reserviced the shocks and diffs. I was sure to put the diffs back the way I found them. However, after reading your response, I went to the AE manual to see if they were installed correctly. I noticed that the manual shows diff config for both a saddle and shorty layout. I am sure once I swap the diffs 180* my problem will be solved.

I doubt I ever would have even thought about this possibility without your input. Again, much thanks!

Patt
Old 09-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by freezeframe007
Thank you for the response. Your information didn't so much as give me my answer as much as point out some key points that got my mind going in the right direction. When I got this car, it was configured in saddle config. When I got it, I reserviced the shocks and diffs. I was sure to put the diffs back the way I found them. However, after reading your response, I went to the AE manual to see if they were installed correctly. I noticed that the manual shows diff config for both a saddle and shorty layout. I am sure once I swap the diffs 180* my problem will be solved.

I doubt I ever would have even thought about this possibility without your input. Again, much thanks!

Patt
Glad to help. I know I really didn't give an "answer" lol. I helped a guy at the track a few months ago who had a similar problem, and it ended up being the differentials
Old 09-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Set
Tech Adept

My wifi module arrived, works perfectly with my XR10 Justock, haven't try with with XR10 Pro, just throwing it here
Old 09-27-2016, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Ugh, they got rid of motor rotation as a setting on XR10 Pro. Flipped my Pro2 to mid-motor, oops.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The reason they dont let you switch rotation is because the timing on the can of the motor.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Xerun Sct throttle issue

XErun SCT brand new purchesed a few weeks ago.

Truck is s Kyosho SC6 and I am planning to run it in 17.5 stock class.
I have the esc set up at 9 for boost and set to 1 for 0 timing, Motor is a
brand new Motiv built 17.5 motor tested before shipping
When i go full throttle there is a slight lag and the power seems to
ramp up slowly to about 15% then come on full.

Things I have done.
Reset the ESC to stock settings
Tried multiple throttle calibrations
Changed throttle punch from 1 to 9 settings
checked the sensor wire
removed sensor wire
changed gearing
Updated and Reloaded Software
Sent email to Hobbywing 4 days ago and no reply

So I am at a loss for what to do.

Also is there a way to set this thing to blink for blinky mode?

thanks

Travis
Old 09-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

The sct pro speed control is meant to tun 4 pole motors that have much more power. This unit will not do blinky, so if you plan to run blinky you should go with the just stock or stock spec. The stock spec will do both mod and blinky and the just stock is blinky only.

http://www.hobbywingdirect.com/produ...stock-spec-esc
http://www.hobbywingdirect.com/produ...ock-v3-1-black
Old 09-29-2016, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

I went to the track last night just to help out. I had the pleasure of tuning 4 speed controls for racers with the new wi-fi link. The guys were inpressed with its ability to update firmware. One racer asked okay.....how much and is there one for sale at the counter?
You just cant resist high quality like this!
Old 10-02-2016, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Any way to turn off the 5-6 second esc shut off when holding brakes? I have searched it, but haven't found what I am looking for. I have a V3.1 I have a tendency of holding the brake before the buzzer sounds or on pit lane waiting to check in.

Last edited by jonski; 10-08-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (98%+)
Thumbs up x-car esc pro 120A speed control

i have this speed control X-car ESC 120a pro and the program box it will NOT let me change directions Y !!!! it only wants to spin one way only

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.