HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 07-28-2016, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lanky
Seems I have another issue with my EZrun Max8 combo. The new esc has exactly 3 5000mah 4s packs on it, and now it seems the BEC isn't working

When I hook up a battery and turn the ESC on it just rapidly blinks red.(as it isn't getting a receiver signal) , I also noticed that the Fan on the ESC isn't working. So I pulled the red wire and hooked up a lipo RX pack from my nitro truck, and everything worked. Truck was driving awesome,(minus the ESC fan).

So I plugged in the program box to the ESC, Nothing(while plugged into a battery/turned on).... plugged in the RX pack to the program box while hooked to the ESC, wala! was able to connect to the esc.

Does a BEC just fail? is anyone else having issues? Am I missing something?? begining to loose faith in HW....

Thinking about just throwing in a castle 10a BEC and giving up on hobbywing... shame is, I just bought a Xerun XR8 plus/ 4268 G2 combo for my serpent onroad. and Sold my Tekin RX8 G2 combo for it.
The bec usually does not go bad but it sounds like that is what happened. Get ahold of Falconsekido.com and write them with your problem.
Paul
Old 07-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
So this is what the error I get when I install the new USB software V. 4.0.1 at Hobbywings website
http://www.hobbywingdirect.com/pages/download

I think this is the problem... anybody have any solution?
Are you running windows 7? This is what I found.

In Windows 7, right click on the program's icon. Choose Properties. Click on the Advanced button. Check "Run as Administrator".

Or try windows support. Seems to be a windows problem.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Suspended

Default Hobbywing

My hobby wing program box seems to be faulty, plug it in to esc with battery and turned on, nothing..... any one else had the same?
Old 08-01-2016, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Need some advice. What is the best hobbywing esc for my Tekno Sct410. As most know this is a basically an 8 scale buggy. I have to run it on 2s per track rules. The tracks are medium and large outdoor tracks. This is paired with a hobbywing 4700 motor.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
Need some advice. What is the best hobbywing esc for my Tekno Sct410. As most know this is a basically an 8 scale buggy. I have to run it on 2s per track rules. The tracks are medium and large outdoor tracks. This is paired with a hobbywing 4700 motor.
Sct pro especially if you have to run on 2s
Old 08-01-2016, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Sct pro especially if you have to run on 2s
Would you recommend a xr8 ESC in a ebuggy lite with a 4700kv motor and powered by a 2d lipo?
Old 08-01-2016, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyB
Are you running windows 7? This is what I found.

In Windows 7, right click on the program's icon. Choose Properties. Click on the Advanced button. Check "Run as Administrator".

Or try windows support. Seems to be a windows problem.
Did that in windows 10... No cigar.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cmgreen
My hobby wing program box seems to be faulty, plug it in to esc with battery and turned on, nothing..... any one else had the same?
Yes. But I later figured it out that it was a faulty USB cable that it came in the box. I managed to find another USB cable that fits the LCD program box. And it worked. But now. I am having trouble updating the box with the latest firmware.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Rookie

I just finished a Tmaxx brushless conversion last night and used the Max 8 package.
I'm using the Traxxas TQi 2.4 transmitter and matching receiver and for some reason cannot get the ESC to power the receiver which I believe it should, but I'm new to electric.

I can get the transmitter and receiver to link with a hump pack and the steering will work but nothing when the esc only is connected to the receiver on any channel.

Any ideas?

I also just noticed the esc will not power up or connect to the program card

Last edited by showjyr; 08-01-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
Would you recommend a xr8 ESC in a ebuggy lite with a 4700kv motor and powered by a 2d lipo?
No i would stay with the sct pro would not recommend the xr8 plus running a 2 cell.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by showjyr
I just finished a Tmaxx brushless conversion last night and used the Max 8 package.
I'm using the Traxxas TQi 2.4 transmitter and matching receiver and for some reason cannot get the ESC to power the receiver which I believe it should, but I'm new to electric.

I can get the transmitter and receiver to link with a hump pack and the steering will work but nothing when the esc only is connected to the receiver on any channel.

Any ideas?

First make sure your battery is fully charged up, then make sure you are plugging everything into the propper plugs with the right polarity. (Nothing backwards) Then yru the switch again.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by showjyr

Any ideas?

Your esc is powered up just your not calibrating your radio to esc thus the reason it will not work.
Please follow the instructions that come with the esc.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Tech Rookie

I purchased the Hobbywing Xerun V2.1 120a. I have it run in sensored mode with a new sensor wire. My throttle seems to have been calibrated correctly as everything works as it should and The ESC is programmed to Forward / Brake / Reverse. The instructions say the first time you move the trigger forward it activates the brakes, the second time you move it forward "ONLY IF THE MOTOR IS STOPPED" then it activates reverse. My brakes are working fine, but if I try to hit the brakes a second time, then my truck goes into reverse wihle its still moving forward. How do i fix this before something tears up in the transmission?
Old 08-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by joshualeeduncan
I purchased the Hobbywing Xerun V2.1 120a. I have it run in sensored mode with a new sensor wire. My throttle seems to have been calibrated correctly as everything works as it should and The ESC is programmed to Forward / Brake / Reverse. The instructions say the first time you move the trigger forward it activates the brakes, the second time you move it forward "ONLY IF THE MOTOR IS STOPPED" then it activates reverse. My brakes are working fine, but if I try to hit the brakes a second time, then my truck goes into reverse wihle its still moving forward. How do i fix this before something tears up in the transmission?
Hit the brakes without releasing the trigger until your truck has come to a complete stop.

And only then double hit and hold brake trigger position so it engages reverse without tearing up the transmission.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Yes....there is no way to pump the brakes when you have reverse enabled. It would be nice if Hobbywing could program it in somehow but reverse will engage even when the motor is spinning forward. I myself just turn off reverse because you're not supposed to use it while racing anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.