Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Blew both caps on my 120A esc, they were rounded for some time and they fianlly let go. ESC still operates (havent ran a eace soince the pop though).

Can these be accesses or is it under the sandwich board?
Old 06-13-2016, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KahrsRacing
Could some tell me what fan (part#) is the replacement for the xr8. I have a fan in my XR8 that must have got a rock in and broke a fan blade or two. I can't seem to find what replacement fan I need to buy and where I can buy it. I appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!
Give me a second, I answered this question back in February. I will dig up the post. I'm 90% sure its the same one that is used in the SCT ESC, but let me confirm.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by flamingtire
Give me a second, I answered this question back in February. I will dig up the post. I'm 90% sure its the same one that is used in the SCT ESC, but let me confirm.
Here you go:

"From my research it looks like part number 86080080 is what you are looking for. Don't hold me to it, but the specs for that one appear to be in line with what the XR8 calls for."
Old 06-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Anyone had any issues with these servos?
Turnigy TGY-5521MDHV
Old 06-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Madulla
Question about the WiFi adaptor. I tried using it on an older Stockspec and a 3.1 1s. After I change the settings and disconnect using the app the car will still not go. I need to unplug the battery in order to reset the esc to get it to run again. I have not connected up my XR10 yet, but does this happen on the older escs. I hoped to change the settings on the drivers stand and go, but I can't get that to work on the older escs.

I am impressed with the new tech. Easy to use and update/program in a single app. Easier to use than the box, about the same if you use the computer just quicker and less connections
I am having same problem with 3.1 120A. Any fix yet ?
Old 06-13-2016, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Hobbywing v3.1 dual punch settings

Please post what your first and second punch settings are, what class/car you run and what you feel works best for you thanks
trying to get some ideas
Old 06-14-2016, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Having a problem with the USB Link software on a Surface Pro 4. I have come to the following conclusion on this. The Surface Pro 4 uses the new UEFI 3 bios that isn't compatible with Int10 devices any more. This causes the LCD Program Box to not be installed with a driver. It's easy enough for me to use a Windows 10 device with an older bios, but moving forward all motherboard BIOS's will be using the new bios technology that will prevent the correct detection and installation of the program boxes. I've been in contact with HW but it's like talking to a wall and they insist it works fine. It does not. So if you plan to use this on a computer with the new bios technology...you're screwed. So much for having a compact and expensive as hell computer at the track to help with programming my HW...sigh.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Having a problem with the USB Link software on a Surface Pro 4. I have come to the following conclusion on this. The Surface Pro 4 uses the new UEFI 3 bios that isn't compatible with Int10 devices any more. This causes the LCD Program Box to not be installed with a driver. It's easy enough for me to use a Windows 10 device with an older bios, but moving forward all motherboard BIOS's will be using the new bios technology that will prevent the correct detection and installation of the program boxes. I've been in contact with HW but it's like talking to a wall and they insist it works fine. It does not. So if you plan to use this on a computer with the new bios technology...you're screwed. So much for having a compact and expensive as hell computer at the track to help with programming my HW...sigh.
Just get the new wifi module. It allows you to upgrade and program your ESC wirelessly. I'll have it a galaxy if you want to check it out. The interface is very similar to the PC interface.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

I have been racing my xr10 juststock esc for about a 3 weeks and I feel the brakes are very weak. It set at 50% brake and 20% initial and won't lock the tires. It doesn't feel normal coming from my tekin gen2 esc.
Is there updated firmware for the esc to help this problem. Or is it normal ?
Old 06-15-2016, 06:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My Xerun SCT pro and batteries seems to heating up more recently in my SCTE. Probably a combination of factors including drive train, motor, style, ambient temperature, etc. Wondering if external capacitor bank like this Hobbywing Xerun Super Capacitor Module might help.

Any chance someone who's installed an external capacitor bank could post a picture to show their wiring configuration in their rig?
Old 06-15-2016, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbarros82
I have been racing my xr10 juststock esc for about a 3 weeks and I feel the brakes are very weak. It set at 50% brake and 20% initial and won't lock the tires. It doesn't feel normal coming from my tekin gen2 esc.
The first thing you should do is turn the brake force up to 100% then the tires will lock up
Old 06-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stelio279
My Xerun SCT pro and batteries seems to heating up more recently in my SCTE. Probably a combination of factors including drive train, motor, style, ambient temperature, etc. Wondering if external capacitor bank like this Hobbywing Xerun Super Capacitor Module might help.

Any chance someone who's installed an external capacitor bank could post a picture to show their wiring configuration in their rig?
You just solder it to the + and - poles at the speed control.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by allaboutwho02
Anyone had any issues with these servos?
Turnigy TGY-5521MDHV
FYI, Turnigy is not a HobbyWing brand. Turnigy comes from Hobby-King's distribution.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cbarros82
I believe I run all my JuStock ESC's at 75% brake. I then adjust accordingly on my radio. On that note, make sure your radio is properly calibrated to your ESC.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stelio279

First of all, whats your gearing? Second, you can add a "Glitch Buster" cap in line at the + and - terminals on your ESC. The cap should be 5000uF or higher.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.