Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 05-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

@man1ac...nothing further should be required. As long as the temps are normal, and it feels as before, I think you are OK. Some FETs could have been stressed, but little you can do about it, so just run it and win!!!
Old 05-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Literally nothing I can do about it. The reversed polarity was just tenth of seconds, so hopefully its still as good as new...
Old 05-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i_r_beej
Hello!
I purchased a new Xerun XR10 Justock ESC a few days ago (April 30, 2016). First ever brushless system for me. It's connected to a Reedy Sonic Mach 2 17.5t motor. I was testing the installation and noticed that when I'm just barely applying throttle the motor/car appears to "stutter" but this disappears once I apply just a little more throttle. Additionally, when I immediately squeeze the throttle (100%) from a stop, the car seems to hesitate for maybe half a second and then appears to accelerate to full throttle. The ESC only does this from a stop, while driving the car at speed, throttling up and down and applying brake/coasting I do not notice the acceleration lag.

I am running the ESC in factory default-- no programming applied. I calibrated the ESC according to the instruction sheet.

Is the stuttering and acceleration lag typical behavior for a sensored brushless power system?

XR10 Justock ESC
Reedy Sonic Mach 2 17.5t motor
Reedy sensor wire connected to motor and ESC
Spektrum Dx2E Tx/SR310 Rx

Thanks for any advice!
Have you tried another battery? This sounds like a voltage delivery problem. Try another battery (or borrow one from a friend). That will quickly eliminate that as a possible suspect.

Typically a sensored system should be smooth as butter, which is why we all use them for racing. If this isn't the case, the most likely causes are sensor wire, battery, or something in the programming (ESC or controller).

Hope this helps!
Old 05-14-2016, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Warranty?

Purchased a EZ-run Max 8 combo from HWNA last month... Have been running it in my Losi 8ight t 3.0 E conversion for ~ 6 Battery packs(2 5000 mah 3s SMC, 2 7200mah 3s SMC). Today while out in the back yard testing out suspension setups, I seem to have smoked the ESC. Basically, I ran both 5000 packs on 3s back to back, then I took a break and ran my Nitro trucks for a while, Grabbed the 2 7200 packs and ran them 6s with the TH EPA set to 60. The truck started to loose steering when the throttle was pressed, so I babied the truck back to where I was standing. While doing this the truck started to cut out throttle, turned the truck off, unconnected the batteries, and has been DEAD since.

ESC is at all stock settings except "punch" is turned down to the lowest setting, and BEC is set to 7.2V I've only seen thermal shutdown twice, both times trying out 6s(completely undrivable) I purchased this setup as everyone seems to have good luck with HW.

After looking over the ESC it seems to be fine, no funny smells or noticeable swelling ETC. Any guess if this will be covered under warranty?Not sure if I just got a bad esc or if I should just toss it in the trash and stick with Tekin?? (i like having different stuff then everyone at the track, but dont want to be broke)... So far, the ESC has had an amazingly easy life, no races, only testing in the back yard. current gearing is 12/50, motor temps have been under 90c esc temp 70c. Running a Brand new Futaba S9352HV Servo that seems to be working perfectly, and a 304sb futaba receiver, telemetry and warnings setup in Tx. I am confident that it hasnt been overheated, it also has never seen water or mud.

Kinda just feel disappointed, hopefully I just got a bad ESC.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lanky
Purchased a EZ-run Max 8 combo from HWNA last month... Have been running it in my Losi 8ight t 3.0 E conversion for ~ 6 Battery packs(2 5000 mah 3s SMC, 2 7200mah 3s SMC). Today while out in the back yard testing out suspension setups, I seem to have smoked the ESC. Basically, I ran both 5000 packs on 3s back to back, then I took a break and ran my Nitro trucks for a while, Grabbed the 2 7200 packs and ran them 6s with the TH EPA set to 60. The truck started to loose steering when the throttle was pressed, so I babied the truck back to where I was standing. While doing this the truck started to cut out throttle, turned the truck off, unconnected the batteries, and has been DEAD since.

ESC is at all stock settings except "punch" is turned down to the lowest setting, and BEC is set to 7.2V I've only seen thermal shutdown twice, both times trying out 6s(completely undrivable) I purchased this setup as everyone seems to have good luck with HW.

After looking over the ESC it seems to be fine, no funny smells or noticeable swelling ETC. Any guess if this will be covered under warranty?Not sure if I just got a bad esc or if I should just toss it in the trash and stick with Tekin?? (i like having different stuff then everyone at the track, but dont want to be broke)... So far, the ESC has had an amazingly easy life, no races, only testing in the back yard. current gearing is 12/50, motor temps have been under 90c esc temp 70c. Running a Brand new Futaba S9352HV Servo that seems to be working perfectly, and a 304sb futaba receiver, telemetry and warnings setup in Tx. I am confident that it hasnt been overheated, it also has never seen water or mud.

Kinda just feel disappointed, hopefully I just got a bad ESC.
HWNA has an excellent warranty program if you can't figure it out. They even replaced one at a reduced cost that I crossed polarity on and it was out of warranty to begin with. Had another that I had purchased on eBay (not an authorized dealer) that the fet's went out, they replaced that one for the cost of shipping. All in all I own 4 Max8's now and have been very happy with them. I do run the Castle cap pack on 2 of them that run 6s 7200 60C (same SMC batteries you listed)regularly. The other two run 4s 6500 60C only and will put the cap packs on those soon.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Xr just stock Lvc issues

B5m 1555 grams, 24k 17.5 motor, xrjust stock esc. Punch set at 9. 4 minutes of run time and with the Lvc set at 3.4 I'm done for on an smc 4300 60c battery.

When I ran my tekin gen 1 rs esc on this I could easily run 8 minutes and when I went to charge the battery it would start at always above 7.6v per cell. What gives with the hobby wing?

I only run on the track and always time my runs to 6 minutes so I'm tempted to just disable the stupid Lvc like I had to disable the temperature protection thing because I don't have a hobby wing motor.

Any input? Thank you.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dsms4ever
B5m 1555 grams, 24k 17.5 motor, xrjust stock esc. Punch set at 9. 4 minutes of run time and with the Lvc set at 3.4 I'm done for on an smc 4300 60c battery.

When I ran my tekin gen 1 rs esc on this I could easily run 8 minutes and when I went to charge the battery it would start at always above 7.6v per cell. What gives with the hobby wing?

I only run on the track and always time my runs to 6 minutes so I'm tempted to just disable the stupid Lvc like I had to disable the temperature protection thing because I don't have a hobby wing motor.

Any input? Thank you.
Set your lvc to 3.0, it should be fine. I set all of mine there. It could be it is just touching the lvc on a spike under acceleration.
Paul
Old 05-19-2016, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Set your lvc to 3.0, it should be fine. I set all of mine there. It could be it is just touching the lvc on a spike under acceleration.
Paul
I did that and didn't have any trouble with the 6 minute main on Tuesday, thanks!
Old 05-25-2016, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The wait is over. The new line of Hobbywing 1/8 motors have arrived!

http://www.hobbywingdirect.com/colle...ition-motor-g2
Old 05-25-2016, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Solder tabs boys and girls......
Old 05-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Solder tabs boys and girls......
And???? A little solder never hurt anyone LoL
Old 05-26-2016, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

I purchased a Max 8 esc and installed it in my Savage Flux XL recently. everything works fine except for the program card it came with. When I attempt to use the program card to change the settings in the ESC I can only get to the first two settings. After that red lines appear across the screens and it won't let me do anything else. I've tried it several times with the same result. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or is the card shot.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Justock vs Stock Spec

What are the main differences I will notice while running 17.5 using XR10 Justock (currently have) vs. going to the stock spec ESC. I run 2WD, currently using the Eco power Sling shot motor and pro match 100C/200C 2s lipos.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:28 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flamingtire
The wait is over. The new line of Hobbywing 1/8 motors have arrived!

http://www.hobbywingdirect.com/colle...ition-motor-g2
Looks like a very monolithic design. Is it possible to rotate the front endplate so the right size holes matches the mount and the solder tabs remaining in the correct position?
Old 05-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mudbug85603
And???? A little solder never hurt anyone LoL
You must be new to Hobbywing 8th scale motors, they never had tabs before they had plugs on wires...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.