HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 09-19-2012, 01:38 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cholee26011994
I just got a combo M6A. I have hard time to set up the ESC XERUN-150A-SD from Model monster truck to Model on road. Can any one give some idea how to do it?
Just play some more with the programbox, to get used to it.
You have to press the "s/d" button, to select any of the other profiles which are stored in your ESC.
But it doesn't matter, it is only a predefined profile, all 3 profiles in the ESC have the same settings, but only with different values.

If you connect the ESC via the programbox to your PC, you can even chance the name of these profiles (atleast, with the Xerun 120a you can)
Old 09-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Yes those are what i have.So we got that strait thanks.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ByteStream
This shouldn't be that difficult .. maybe your software is hosed:

I would uninstall what you currently have on your computer, then install the USB software again, get it from here:

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/soft...tup_120808.rar

This is the latest and greatest USB Software version 3.1, it can update the following ESC's:

XERUN Series Car ESC (Version 3.0 and later)
XERUN Series Car ESC (Version 2.0 and 2.1)
EZRUN Series Car ESC (Version 2.0 and later)

Connect your ESC to the program box, connect the box to the PC, connect your battery, turn on the ESC and launch the software (should be a Hobbywing USB Link v3.1 icon on your desktop).

At this point the program box will say 'connecting to pc' and the software should open. Goto the Firmware Upgrade button on the left, click it, on the next screen there is a dropdown called 'Upgrade Version', select v1_508_zero_rev and then hit the 'Upgrade' button near the top of that screen. Wait for it to finish .. (optionally choose some settings, save settings) and Close the application.

Disconnect all that, and plug your ESC back into the rx and recalibrate the ESC to your radio. Turn the ESC off after calibration, then back on again.

It should work.

Couple of things to note:

1. The programing box software version should not matter in this case, as you are just using that box as a connection from the PC to the ESC, so I wouldn't worry about the version (but I believe you said you have 1.08 which is current).
2. Windows Vista has had issues with all kinds of ESC software in the past, try Win XP if you have access to it.
You hit it on the button man.My software on my computer was hosed.I went to a different computer and download it and it and installed 1.05 no rev and it worked awesome.Thanks so much man ive been pulling my hair out for days lol.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
do you have the v1_508_zero_rev software loaded?
You were right on by installing 1. 508.It was my computer software that wasnt allowing me to change software i went to a different computer and it worked fine.Thank you for your time.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lewis110
Easy fix, then tell the guy what firmware you are running so he can switch the motor rotation!
Thanks for the help bro.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi57
You hit it on the button man.My software on my computer was hosed.I went to a different computer and download it and it and installed 1.05 no rev and it worked awesome.Thanks so much man ive been pulling my hair out for days lol.
Cool .. Enjoy

-Joey-
Old 09-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

i picked up a XERUN SCT PRO with the 4000kv 4pole for my DESC410R. Is there anything i should know when using this setup? Any quirks in the software i should look out for? is a BEC needed? anything like that?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by megasaxon
i picked up a XERUN SCT PRO with the 4000kv 4pole for my DESC410R. Is there anything i should know when using this setup? Any quirks in the software i should look out for? is a BEC needed? anything like that?
That combo should work perfect for you. Start with a 14 to 15 tooth pinion and go from there. Make sure to turn of any drag brake also and turn your overall brakes to 75% or lower as these have mad brakes. You shouldnt need a bec for this.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
That combo should work perfect for you. Start with a 14 to 15 tooth pinion and go from there. Make sure to turn of any drag brake also and turn your overall brakes to 75% or lower as these have mad brakes. You shouldnt need a bec for this.
That's what I run in my SC10 4x4. Works great, I am also using a 15 tooth pinion. I agree, with the stock programming it will easily lock up the tires.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by megasaxon
turn off the Over Heat Protection and take it off Auto-Calculate for lipo cells and put it on whatever your running...dont chance it if you hook up a low charge lipo and its not detected right and smokes the battery...so just set it on 2 or 3 cell depending on what your running and have a blast! love my HW combo
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default shorten/change wire from motor to esc??

just want to know if wire from motor to esc can be shorten or can change to another wire?? the wire too long for my kit. if can change, how?? anyone got pictures on shorten wiring for that combo??

i'm using xerun 150a 4068sd 2250kv. ty for info/help
Old 09-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I should have seen this thread before I ordered a HobbyWing EZRun ESC off ebay from some Chinese reseller. I'm hoping it turns out to be real and not counterfeit but i'm glad HobbyWing has taken the extra step to help customers identify this. If it ever arrives that is.

There is nothing showing on the Blacklist page on the HobbyWing site.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC295
just want to know if wire from motor to esc can be shorten or can change to another wire?? the wire too long for my kit. if can change, how?? anyone got pictures on shorten wiring for that combo??

i'm using xerun 150a 4068sd 2250kv. ty for info/help
yes can be shortened...wouldnt recommend downsizing the gauge.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by element6
I should have seen this thread before I ordered a HobbyWing EZRun ESC off ebay from some Chinese reseller. I'm hoping it turns out to be real and not counterfeit but i'm glad HobbyWing has taken the extra step to help customers identify this. If it ever arrives that is.

There is nothing showing on the Blacklist page on the HobbyWing site.
Hobbywing will do you right whatever the case.Great group of people and good customer service.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by midwestcajun
yes can be shortened...wouldnt recommend downsizing the gauge.
DO NOT down grade wire size, go up most def as it wont hurt but only go up to the next size(actually down in ga ratings from say 12ga to 10ga would be what i recommend if your upgrading but this is an example as i do not know what size the stock wiring is)
But yes, the shorter the better as long as you leave yourself enough room to work on it becuz if you remove one of the 2(motor or esc) and the wires are short you wont have alot of wire to move either OR around as i find mine to be short some times when i remove the motor so i just strap it in under the battery velcro if i dont remove the batt tray

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.