HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 02-24-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
the stock spec esc is showing it can used for a 7.5 motor, at least according to here:

http://www.fiercercsolutions.com/XER...?categoryId=-1

I wouldn't say run it with a 1/10 4wd buggy at the motor limit, probably run a bigger capacitor too.
Also note that a stock spec differs from a JuStock. The stock spec can handle quite a bit as you mentioned above. A JuStock.. Not so much lol.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
the stock spec esc is showing it can used for a 7.5 motor, at least according to here:

http://www.fiercercsolutions.com/XER...?categoryId=-1

I wouldn't say run it with a 1/10 4wd buggy at the motor limit, probably run a bigger capacitor too.

Runs my lrp 8.5 2wd buggy just fine with boost on. good little esc for the money.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Xerun v3.1 ESC

I purchased the Xerun v3.1 esc and SD-3656 4000kv 4 pole sensored motor to run in my 1/10 4x4 SCT and someone told me the v3.1 was not a good choice for 4x4 SCT racing. Is this correct? Should I get the SCT Pro esc instead?
Old 02-27-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I recently had a HW3.1 blow up after a firmware upgrade. Worked fine before new firmware, after upgrade the sensor port died and it had very strange throttle response. I had my unit replaced via Falcon Sekido the North America distributor. Even though I explained that the unit worked fine before the firmware upgrade my only option was to buy a refurbished unit at a discounted rate to replace my dead unit. I was out of warranty so at least they offered me something, just tough when all you did was upgrade the firmware...

my refurbished unit seems to work just fine. Haven't actually driven the car since It came back. Bench testing and setup works fine.

Service was responsive to my emails. I also emailed Cobra who pointed me towards sending it in. In terms of response service was good.

Strange that Falcon Sekido had zero clue about the upcoming iOS app and wifi/bluetooth modules. Even though the app is already posted on the itunes store, I was told HW is not developing anything whatsoever. Seems a bit disconnected from the factory.

Still like the product, but weary of firmware upgrades.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:57 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Imrcracer
I purchased the Xerun v3.1 esc and SD-3656 4000kv 4 pole sensored motor to run in my 1/10 4x4 SCT and someone told me the v3.1 was not a good choice for 4x4 SCT racing. Is this correct? Should I get the SCT Pro esc instead?
the SCT Pro would fit what you need.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is a Viper 5.5t sensored motor compatible with an Xerun 120a V2.1 esc?

It drives fine at low speed but cogs like crazy when I floor it. I have a Novak 8.5 motor I could try.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Does anyone from this company reply to support email questions? Had the screws back out f the timing ring on a V10 5.5 2 weeks ago, been trying ti get a hold of someone there ad nothing. Support is worse then Horizon.
They have tech support but they are overseas. They rely on their team drivers to help out in the states. We're the screws tight or you ran it directly from the factory and they backed out? Always have to check them and doesn't hurt to put a drop of loctite paste on the tip of screw.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by prosport

It drives fine at low speed but cogs like crazy when I floor it. I have a Novak 8.5 motor I could try.
That is pushing it for that esc. Download the latest firmware in the esc. Would run the 8.5. Have you checked the sensor wire or replace it?
Old 02-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
I recently had a HW3.1 blow up after a firmware upgrade. Worked fine before new firmware, after upgrade the sensor port died and it had very strange throttle response. I had my unit replaced via Falcon Sekido the North America distributor. Even though I explained that the unit worked fine before the firmware upgrade my only option was to buy a refurbished unit at a discounted rate to replace my dead unit. I was out of warranty so at least they offered me something, just tough when all you did was upgrade the firmware...

my refurbished unit seems to work just fine. Haven't actually driven the car since It came back. Bench testing and setup works fine.

Service was responsive to my emails. I also emailed Cobra who pointed me towards sending it in. In terms of response service was good.

Strange that Falcon Sekido had zero clue about the upcoming iOS app and wifi/bluetooth modules. Even though the app is already posted on the itunes store, I was told HW is not developing anything whatsoever. Seems a bit disconnected from the factory.

Still like the product, but weary of firmware upgrades.
Apple has made the app I believe and there is not going to be a blue tooth interface anytime in the near future. Never had an issue doing updates. But should always reprogram esc after updates.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It sounds similar to an issue I had with my 160a TORO esc which I returned to the seller. Basically on power, full throttle it would stutter... because of this I believe I really struggled to clear this triple jump in indoor. I was only able to see this when it was "on road" day when they take away the jumps. It would do it consistently coming out of corners

I think your ESC is faulty and it's not the motor. You could test it.

On the topic of v2.1 issues, my first one I used was about half a year (bought USED). Worked great with your odd bugs here and there but not enough for me to lose confidence in it.

I then took it too indoor and it would stop on the long straight from braking, and then applying throttle to lead up for a table top. I then bought a new v2.1 and had the same problem. I changed the dead band to 9% as suggested by someone and it seemed to fix it.

Not saying it will but it's helped with some random issues its had.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sleeper13
That is pushing it for that esc. Download the latest firmware in the esc. Would run the 8.5. Have you checked the sensor wire or replace it?
After messing with it for 2 days I tried a Novak 8.5 motor that has a built-in sensor cable and the car ran perfect! So I'll buy a new sensor cable for the Viper 5.5 motor and try it again.

Do I just go to the HW website and use a usb cable to download the latest software to the V2.1? What is the name of the latest software?
Old 02-28-2016, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Djchow85
It sounds similar to an issue I had with my 160a TORO esc which I returned to the seller. Basically on power, full throttle it would stutter... because of this I believe I really struggled to clear this triple jump in indoor. I was only able to see this when it was "on road" day when they take away the jumps. It would do it consistently coming out of corners

I think your ESC is faulty and it's not the motor. You could test it.

On the topic of v2.1 issues, my first one I used was about half a year (bought USED). Worked great with your odd bugs here and there but not enough for me to lose confidence in it.

I then took it too indoor and it would stop on the long straight from braking, and then applying throttle to lead up for a table top. I then bought a new v2.1 and had the same problem. I changed the dead band to 9% as suggested by someone and it seemed to fix it.

Not saying it will but it's helped with some random issues its had.
I believe I already changed it to 9, but I'll double check. I posted today's results in the previous post ^^^.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

prosport- your batteries may also not be up to the task. I had this same issue with my SCT 1.0 , I bought 60c batteries and it went away.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

After messing with it for 2 days I tried a Novak 8.5 motor that has a built-in sensor cable and the car ran perfect! So I'll buy a new sensor cable for the Viper 5.5 motor and try it again.

Do I just go to the HW website and use a usb cable to download the latest software to the V2.1? What is the name of the latest software?
Have your ESC hooked up directly to a PC/laptop with the HW software and you can upgrade the the firmware like that.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dan-o
prosport- your batteries may also not be up to the task. I had this same issue with my SCT 1.0 , I bought 60c batteries and it went away.
I have a brand new SMC 5000mah 70C 2s hardcase so it should be fine, I think it's just the sensor cable on the 5.5 Viper so I'll try a new one and go from there, the 8.5 Novak is running perfect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.