Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 09-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
i would think you would be able to if the ESC has it as a programing option and also uses both motors...they would know when manufacturing it that allowing it to be used with motors that IT WILL BE USED 1 way or the other so it only seems to make sense that they should be able make the motor be able to turn both ways. I just think it has to be an option in the ESC and might be why you pay more for some ESC's as they have more options or programmable features.
Confirmed it a few minutes ago, you can change direction with the program box. I agree, it would be a very stupid idea for them to not have that ability.
Originally Posted by LowBudgetRacer
Has anyone had a issue with the 2150 motors front face plate screws stripping out. I had the motor come apart during a main last month. The motor was only 3 races old. I inspected the motor and replaced the screws with longer ones. I tested out the motor and it lasted about 30 seconds before it locked up. I took it apart and found the magnets had seperated from the pinion shaft and been damaged in the process. Pretty disappointed as the motor was only about a month and a half old. Strong motor till that point, won 2 races with it.
Do you have a link? I'm not familiar with that motor....
Old 09-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcboy1
Confirmed it a few minutes ago, you can change direction with the program box. I agree, it would be a very stupid idea for them to not have that ability.

Sorry I mean the XERUN 2250. Hit the wrong key.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

I have not dealt with tenshock, is that motor sensored?
Yes they have sensored and sensor less mine is the 4000kv sensored when I get home later I'll throw my hw 4700 in to see if I can eliminate that option
Old 09-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

I'd love for u to explain how I can change rotation with the USB link because I've been on there for two days lookin for it
Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
I belive that you cant reverse the direction of the sensored motors.
It's usually done in the esc.For instance I was running the ten shock with a tellin rx8 and I was able to go onto the hotwire and change motor rotation.It should def be an optiOn within the esc.when iget home later I'll swap motors to eliminate that option.By the way I'm trying to get away from tekIn because I'm sick of sending rx8s in to get repaired at 100 a poP.Ive never had a hw esc shut down for 5 sec when coming down from a hard landing.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You gotta remember the rx8 and HW 120 amp are 2 different esc's. The hobbywing you can run boost/turbo so the esc really relies on the sensors. The rx8 starts off in sensored mode but then goes into unsensored mode. I don't believe the rx8 has a real boost/turbo feature. You might wanna try updating the firmware to 930stock. That's what I ran in my 60amp esc when I had it.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LowBudgetRacer
Sorry I mean the XERUN 2250. Hit the wrong key.
In that case, no, I've never had the problem. I have tried many motors like the variaty of Castles but the hobbywing is one of the few I've run that did not have the issue with ripping the screws out of the front.
Originally Posted by Losi57
I'd love for u to explain how I can change rotation with the USB link because I've been on there for two days lookin for it
There is a feature called "motor rotation". Options are CW (clock wise) and CCW (counter clockwise). Works for almost all hobbywing esc's except for most if not all ezrun's.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

In that case, no, I've never had the problem. I have tried many motors like the variaty of Castles but the hobbywing is one of the few I've run that did not have the issue with ripping the screws out of the front.

There is a feature called "motor rotation". Options are CW (clock wise) and CCW (counter clockwise). Works for almost all hobbywing esc's except for most if not all ezrun's.
I understand what the feature is but how do I get to it.its not on the program box and it's not on the USB link.its the xerun 120a v2.1
Old 09-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I understand what the feature is but how do I get to it.its not on the program box and it's not on the USB link.its the xerun 120a v2.1
Yeah, you don't get motor rotation w/ that ESC.

http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=246

Click on "programmable items" tab.

*answered a few pages back as well, sorry.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For v2.1:

You can't reverse motor direction if your using timing software (stock/mod). There are simply no options in the software to do this (PC or programming card). For those of you saying there is an option, it's clear that you don't have a v2.1 in front of you. Know that the options between ESC's are different.

The only way that I know of to reverse motor direction on a v2.1 is to use a special version of the no-timing software, v1_508_zero_rev. The "rev" stands for reverse. The software won't look any different, but it works in reverse.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One more thing ... if this is in a Durango DESC410R .. double check the following:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10710796-post6059.html
Old 09-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Precision1

Originally Posted by ByteStream
For v2.1:

You can't reverse motor direction if your using timing software (stock/mod). There are simply no options in the software to do this (PC or programming card). For those of you saying there is an option, it's clear that you don't have a v2.1 in front of you. Know that the options between ESC's are different.

The only way that I know of to reverse motor direction on a v2.1 is to use a special version of the no-timing software, v1_508_zero_rev. The "rev" stands for reverse. The software won't look any different, but it works in reverse.
Thank you again for stating what i told me back a few pages ago Precision1...i even posted a pic showing that there is no option in the programming of the ESC to change rotation with that ESC

BUT if ByteStream is right...that is the only option other than buy a new esc that allows you to change rotation! Once again as i said and Bytestream stated above also....PLEASE KNOW THE ESC before stating and why i suggest goin to HW to look up the ESC you have and go from there, dont always rely on what other people say as we see here...
Old 09-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Precision1

you guys dont have that? Weird, mine does....Might be because I'm using a different software.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

you guys dont have that? Weird, mine does....Might be because I'm using a different software.
what esc do you have?
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
what esc do you have?
60 amp v2 and 120 amp v2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.