Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree193Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 09-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know my SCT pro has it on mine, I can't remember if my 60amp had it or not. If I can remember after I calibrated the esc the motor was going the wrong direction. And I believe I just switched it on my transmitter to get the motor working in the right direction. If I can remember correctly Angelo posted on the hobbywing thread on the on road thread that the motor can't be turned opposite because it screws with the sensors and confuses the esc.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MOmo
Anyone got any ideas how to format a 2 in 1 Digi program box? Its not showing up as a device on MY COMPUTER screen.

I was able to get it back to the 1.08 software, but I want to try and format the whole thing and load entirely different software on it.

I have 2 boxes, so will still keep one "stock" just want to play around with different MOD software.

MOmo
I haven't found any difference at all by updating the program box. The stock/mod firmware are downloaded and saved in the esc not the program box. The lcd program box with the 1.08 will work with any hobbywing esc other the the new V3.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
Anyone know if i can replace the switch on my sct pro? If so a link would b great thx
Nobody ever have to replace their switch?
Old 09-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Nope lol, if you read back through there were guys that just bypassed the switch. They just connected 2 of them together (i don't remember which ones) and leave the 3rd one loose. If you had to recalibrate you just touch the third wire to the other 2. The esc would be on as room as you connect the battery. Like I said you will have to read back and find the answer. It has been posted a few times.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lewis110
Nope lol, if you read back through there were guys that just bypassed the switch. They just connected 2 of them together (i don't remember which ones) and leave the 3rd one loose. If you had to recalibrate you just touch the third wire to the other 2. The esc would be on as room as you connect the battery. Like I said you will have to read back and find the answer. It has been posted a few times.
You connect the red and black wires. The third (white) is, as you said, for recalibrating.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

I know my SCT pro has it on mine, I can't remember if my 60amp had it or not. If I can remember after I calibrated the esc the motor was going the wrong direction. And I believe I just switched it on my transmitter to get the motor working in the right direction. If I can remember correctly Angelo posted on the hobbywing thread on the on road thread that the motor can't be turned opposite because it screws with the sensors and confuses the esc.
I tried recalibrating the the esc.I also tried reversing the throttle settings in my remote.Im currently using a futaba 4plWith the radio in reverse direction.I pull the trigger backwards it goes in reverse with forward speed.When i push the trigger forward it goes forward with reverse speed.OK.With the radio in the normal position when i pull the trigger backwards it goes in reverse with forward speed.When i press the trigger forward it goes forward with reverse speed. I also checked the HW usb link and theres no motor rotation.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Have you tried to recalibrate after you switched the transmitter? I don't know if that will fix it or not but its worth a try. Also what firmware are you using in the esc? The program box doesn't mean much.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Correct...the box doesnt mean much so when you looked up the programming options thats what the SCT Pro has, NOT the V2.1 he has and according to hobbywings site which if you guys need info, go there, dont always trust what people tell you, especially if you dont have a clue...When you select the ESC you have there are usually 5 tabs that are seen here and i clicked programming options and this is what it shows for your V2.1 120a esc

Sorry if that sounds rude as i read it back and kinda comes off that way but seriously...go to HW's site and look up your esc's to get some info on them...even the paperwork that comes with them tells you what im showing you, if you dont have it print it off so you have it for reference. I keep all paperwork with my R/C bag so if i need part #'s or need to know something i have it there

Last edited by TCCustoms; 10-12-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Have you tried to recalibrate after you switched the transmitter? I don't know if that will fix it or not but its worth a try. Also what firmware are you using in the esc? The program box doesn't mean much.
Yes i always recalibrate just because.Im running v1.10_090205. Still no luck.Anymore ideas?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Correct...the box doesnt mean much so when you looked up the programming options thats what the SCT Pro has, NOT the V2.1 he has and according to hobbywings site which if you guys need info, go there, dont always trust what people tell you, especially if you dont have a clue...When you select the ESC you have there are usually 5 tabs that are seen here and i clicked programming options and this is what it shows for your V2.1 120a esc

Sorry if that sounds rude as i read it back and kinda comes off that way but seriously...go to HW's site and look up your esc's to get some info on them...even the paperwork that comes with them tells you what im showing you, if you dont have it print it off so you have it for reference. I keep all paperwork with my R/C bag so if i need part #'s or need to know something i have it there
Ive been looking everywhere on how to reverse this motor.Im starting to think theres something up with this tenshock 4000kv motor im running.Ill have to switch out the motor tomorrow and see if its still a problem.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Losi57
Ive been looking everywhere on how to reverse this motor.Im starting to think theres something up with this tenshock 4000kv motor im running.Ill have to switch out the motor tomorrow and see if its still a problem.
I have not dealt with tenshock, is that motor sensored?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I belive that you cant reverse the direction of the sensored motors.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
I belive that you cant reverse the direction of the sensored motors.
One things for sure you can't switch the power wires to change motor direction. I am pretty sure however you can program it to run the other way like sensorless motors.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i would think you would be able to if the ESC has it as a programing option and also uses both motors...they would know when manufacturing it that allowing it to be used with motors that IT WILL BE USED 1 way or the other so it only seems to make sense that they should be able make the motor be able to turn both ways. I just think it has to be an option in the ESC and might be why you pay more for some ESC's as they have more options or programmable features.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Has anyone had a issue with the 2150 motors front face plate screws stripping out. I had the motor come apart during a main last month. The motor was only 3 races old. I inspected the motor and replaced the screws with longer ones. I tested out the motor and it lasted about 30 seconds before it locked up. I took it apart and found the magnets had seperated from the pinion shaft and been damaged in the process. Pretty disappointed as the motor was only about a month and a half old. Strong motor till that point, won 2 races with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.