HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 10-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by giantoffire
How can I contact Hobbywing costumer support? according to their page RC Tech is costumer support. I had 2 brand new sct pro ESC that failed. Im getting frustated , contact them directly thru Facebook no reply from them.
Originally Posted by lewis110
Depends on what you want.

Customer service [email protected]

Tech support [email protected] or [email protected]
The hobbywing guys - especially tech guys - are flat out in Japan for the worlds.

And, Japan being Japan means the cellular network is different to almost anywhere else in the world so good chance anyone there doesn't have their own phone on and would have limited access to email and FB etc!
Old 10-10-2015, 12:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cplus
The hobbywing guys - especially tech guys - are flat out in Japan for the worlds.

And, Japan being Japan means the cellular network is different to almost anywhere else in the world so good chance anyone there doesn't have their own phone on and would have limited access to email and FB etc!
Or you can directly contact HOBBYWING Tech Support at [email protected] or HOBBYWING Customer Service at [email protected] for help. Cause I got help there, hope it also works for you.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by harry697
For your XERUN 150A ESC, maybe you can try to set the Start MODE/PUNCH to a high level to see if the delay problem can be solved. Sometimes the transmitter/radio system impacts, this may happen to some low-end transmitters.

For your HOBBYKING 120A ESCs, sorry, haven't used it yet. Since you say they use the same software, maybe you can try to set the PUNCH setting as well.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MitchCraft
I'm having one of the famous loss of power/cut out issues. Truck will run fine for a few minutes but then cut out. Red LED will remain lit, then after two green flashes and beeps, all is good for 30 seconds, then back to the same cut out again. Temps all good by temp gun and can hold finger anywhere on motor and esc comfortably. Never any loss of steering.

SCT410.3, 4700 motor, currently 14t pinion

Tried:
  • Re-calibrated radio
  • LVC off
  • Multiple different batteries of different brands (high quality, high C and capacity that work fine in other vehicle)
  • Updated firmware
  • Unplugged sensor wire
  • Different radio system (completely different brand)
  • Put radio/steering servo direct to battery
  • Checked all connections

I have noticed several other posts with similar problems that don't seem to be resolved. Anyone have any ideas?
Just to close the loop on this - I sent the esc in to Hobbywing and it had a bad FET. I couldn't ask for any better support - thanks to all who helped. I would not hesitate to buy again knowing Hobbywing stands behind its product and helps customers quickly and satisfactorily.

I have a suspicion the screw on motor solder post could have been the issue - I found it was loose after the first run and didn't think much of it but after some thought this loose connection very well could cause a problem like this. I didn't know the screw existed and it doesn't show in product images on websites but it is there and needs to be tight. I soldered my post at the joint to ensure I won't have the problem again. I guess it would allow quick motor swaps?
Old 10-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GNS Racing 86
just got the XR8, works great except cant get a neutral with the coast feature. it creeps forward unless the coast is set at 0, tried re calibrating many times, no luck . i ran it at 2 races this last weekend, at the default settings. ran flawless smooth great brakes and tons of power, im using the HW 1800 motor w 4cell, very happy just need to get the coast thing figured out.. looks like 2 other people having the same issue on the XR8 thread.. thanks..
got a response from HW on this issue today.

Thank you for contacting HOBBYWING N.A.

I have recently received your RMA form through a fax and I wanted to reply to your comment left in the description box. The feature you are describing the "Coast" Feature will make you car move at the neutral stage. It was reported by our certified engineers to not use this feature when racing, but we do encourage it for our non-racing drivers. Unfortunately, this design cannot be changed from what I was told, so what I would recommend is to turn it off and not use the feature. About all of our team drivers have chosen to turn it off as they have recommended it does not suite or help during races.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:14 PM
vr6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

2 questions.

Purchased a new v3.1 in January 2014 and have been running it since then. Should I have or need to update the firmware for it? I do own the lcd box

Second ?

I want to buy the justock esc for my kids trucks, will th lcd box hookup to it?
Old 10-16-2015, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6
2 questions.

Purchased a new v3.1 in January 2014 and have been running it since then. Should I have or need to update the firmware for it? I do own the lcd box

Second ?

I want to buy the justock esc for my kids trucks, will th lcd box hookup to it?
I always run the stock firmware that comes on them. Very rarely do I find the need to update them.

The LCD box will work on the Justock and V3.1 if it's the updated box with the lipo cell checker
Old 10-18-2015, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Can anyone verify what fan the new XR8+ uses? I believe its SKU: 86080080 which is the the same fan the SCT pro uses but trying to make sure before I order.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have a brand new v2.1 installed in my b44.2 and reverse isn't working, well kind of, if I set the esc to forward/reverse it will reverse in a very spastic way. Almost glitching. Really sucks it's brand new!!

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,
Robert
Old 10-19-2015, 03:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last edited by rcuser67898578; 12-09-2023 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny-RC
Possibly check the sensor wire. Is the radio calibrated to the ESC correctly?
Yes sensor wires are OK. I redid the neutral/for/rev calibration a couple of times.

Also forward is completely fine no issues at all.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have an SC8 with the LED_PC2C program card. Overall, the system works great. I'm looking to add to my fleet by getting into stock club racing with a B5M and an XR10 esc. Is the LED_PC2C card compatible with the XR10? Not trying to be cheap just want to eliminate redundancy.

Cheers
Jon
Old 10-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SCT PRO

Hi

I just bought a brand new HW combo from amain.com ( HWA81040201 ) SCT PRO with the 4000 KV.

I installed it this week end and I have a issue with the program box that came with the kit.

Im not able to program my ESC with it, message Connecting to ESC but nothing happend. Last night I tried my program box with my cable I was using on my friend ESC, he got the same combo, and Its working...I tried his program box and it didnt work on my ESC...

I was able to upgrade the firware of my program box from the PC and was able to configure my friend's ESC but with mine it's not working...

Any idea ? Bad ESC ?

I hope it's not my ESC cause I just finish solder it to my motor ans stick it on my RC...

Thanks

Last edited by leking73; 10-19-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: add infos
Old 10-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motorXhead
I have a brand new v2.1 installed in my b44.2 and reverse isn't working, well kind of, if I set the esc to forward/reverse it will reverse in a very spastic way. Almost glitching. Really sucks it's brand new!!

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,
Robert
Do you have it set to Forward/Reverse/Brake, or just Forward/Reverse? There are a total of three different drive modes on the V2.1, and the two with Reverse are different. The Forward/Reverse is designed for Rock Crawlers or Scalers as it has immediate reverse. The standard setting has a delay before it will go into reverse.

Something else you will want to check, make sure your radio endpoints are set to 100% .
Old 10-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leking73
Hi

I just bought a brand new HW combo from amain.com ( HWA81040201 ) SCT PRO with the 4000 KV.

I installed it this week end and I have a issue with the program box that came with the kit.

Im not able to program my ESC with it, message Connecting to ESC but nothing happend. Last night I tried my program box with my cable I was using on my friend ESC, he got the same combo, and Its working...I tried his program box and it didnt work on my ESC...

I was able to upgrade the firware of my program box from the PC and was able to configure my friend's ESC but with mine it's not working...

Any idea ? Bad ESC ?

I hope it's not my ESC cause I just finish solder it to my motor ans stick it on my RC...

Thanks
Try unplugging the esc from the receiver, sounds like the typical neutral signal issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.