HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 09-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 91bird
I'm experiencing a lot of cogging from a stop and sometimes up to couple seconds delay from throttle input before the car moves.

I have a XR8 Plus paired with a SMC 540-4 Pole 4500KV motor. Using Venom 7200mAh 2S lipo 100C in a Team Durango DESC10 short course truck with a 14T pinion.

Same result with Spektrum and Airtronics radio system. Tried new sensor wire with same cogging result.

What testing/diagnostics can I run on the ESC to check for problems?
Have you tried a new sensor wire or tried it without it?
Old 09-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Have you tried a new sensor wire or tried it without it?
Yes I tried a new sensor wire. Still cogs. I have not tried without the sensor wire.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dreckschleuder
@slotmachine:
- I´ve tried the servochannel
- ESC lights red - then flashes green(for one second) and then flahses red
- nothing happens to the motor

@cobraracing: the ESC is one year old, worked till the last weekend
- throttle reverse
- connect all cables and full battery
- transmitter on
- hold the set key and then switch on the ESC and release set key
- ESC lights red - then flashes green(for one second) and then flahses red
- move the throttel sticke at the neutral position and press set key for one time
and now the LED flashes red

Maybe the 4600kv Motor killed the ESC???
Thx for helping!!!
So pity that no one answer, thx for not helping, good bye Hobbywing
Old 09-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dreckschleuder
So pity that no one answer, thx for not helping, good bye Hobbywing
Im sorry you feel that way......we have been trying to figure it out along with you and I know it can be frustrating. Maybe your next move should be to send it in and let them check it out for you, I would not be so quick to give up on Hobbywing, problems can occur with any company's units and do on a daily basis Im sure. Im sorry we could not solve this issue for you.........
Paul
Old 09-11-2015, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those of you that own an SCTE 2.0 and are looking into a HW ESC motor combo, I have came up with a part that allows for rear mounting your ESC without moving the battery forward at all. This eliminates the short sensor wire issue and also moves the CG back a bit, which also helps with nose diving and gaining rear traction all at the same time.
Vision Racing
is responsible for making the floating rear plate into a refined carbon fiber version and the quality is stellar! If anyone is interested, contact Jeff at vision racing and let him know you'd like one as well.

You can contact him via his site linked above, or by his email>[email protected]

Old 09-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Do anyone know if or how I can get a replacement Case for the SCT pro and 150 amp esc. Hobby wing North Am. Do not stock them.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cnoble64
Do anyone know if or how I can get a replacement Case for the SCT pro and 150 amp esc. Hobby wing North Am. Do not stock them.
Have you sent them an e-mail to ask?

Falconsekido.com
Old 09-13-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I run that motor sometimes in Ebuggy and it is a monster! It will do well in truggy I would think.
Wow, you weren't kidding. The HW 4274sd is a monster in truggy too. Here is my Hobbywing powered TLR 8ight-T with electric conversion. Very happy with the power and smoothness.
Attached Thumbnails HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD-20150905_200729.jpg  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hello everyone. I have a hobbywing EZRUN 3656 4000KV motor. I recently opened up the motor to clean it out and when i took it out I used to much force and all the washers and bushings on the top and bottom shafts flew out. I saved a couple bushings and a washer but I am not sure how many bushings and washers go where and what size. Does anyone happen to have a diagram of what goes where?

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Wow, you weren't kidding. The HW 4274sd is a monster in truggy too. Here is my Hobbywing powered TLR 8ight-T with electric conversion. Very happy with the power and smoothness.
I'm very glad you are happy with the choice. I hope its not too much motor....... the Hobbywing is a verry smooth set up.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 91bird
I'm experiencing a lot of cogging from a stop and sometimes up to couple seconds delay from throttle input before the car moves.

I have a XR8 Plus paired with a SMC 540-4 Pole 4500KV motor. Using Venom 7200mAh 2S lipo 100C in a Team Durango DESC10 short course truck with a 14T pinion.

Same result with Spektrum and Airtronics radio system. Tried new sensor wire with same cogging result.

What testing/diagnostics can I run on the ESC to check for problems?
Three races with the XR8 and I had the same problem with cogging and now nothing,No tone on start up red light stays on when pulling the trigger,Tried different motor,sensor wires,battery etc I'm using the 1800kv hobby wing motor and have reloaded the newest software,The buggy just quit about five laps into my main WTF
Old 09-13-2015, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatboys124
Three races with the XR8 and I had the same problem with cogging and now nothing,No tone on start up red light stays on when pulling the trigger,Tried different motor,sensor wires,battery etc I'm using the 1800kv hobby wing motor and have reloaded the newest software,The buggy just quit about five laps into my main WTF
Do you know what drive mode you are running the xr8 esc in?

full sensored .. or .. sensored/sensorless hybird?

Disregard that question, I see that option is not in the program options via the manual ---

Note 4:
1) Fwd=Forward, Rev=Reverse,Brk=Brake
2)The 14th, 16th and 17th items are reserved items. Most 4 pole motors on the market are suffering from the severe sensor interference now, for these motors, the “full sensored” mode can
easily cause drive errors and further result in abnormal operation of the ESC and motor or even get them burnt, so these functions have been temporarily shut down in the current version of
ESC firmwar
e. HOBBYWING will release some new 4 pole motors that can ensure the ESC works in “full sensored” mode soon, users can get access to those functions through firmware
upgrade then.

Last edited by RC Geezer; 09-13-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Geezer
Do you know what drive mode you are running the xr8 esc in?

full sensored .. or .. sensored/sensorless hybird?

Disregard that question, I see that option is not in the program options via the manual ---

Note 4:
1) Fwd=Forward, Rev=Reverse,Brk=Brake
2)The 14th, 16th and 17th items are reserved items. Most 4 pole motors on the market are suffering from the severe sensor interference now, for these motors, the “full sensored” mode can
easily cause drive errors and further result in abnormal operation of the ESC and motor or even get them burnt, so these functions have been temporarily shut down in the current version of
ESC firmwar
e. HOBBYWING will release some new 4 pole motors that can ensure the ESC works in “full sensored” mode soon, users can get access to those functions through firmware
upgrade then.

I bought the ESC at the end of july and it ran flawlessly for three or four races,It just quit and the motor acted like it was cogging at first,I tried another motor same thing,Now nothing numerous motors sensor wires etc,I had no issues till then now nothing,No three beeps when its supposed to arm and just a red light when the trigger is pulled,Now the hassle of returning and waiting to see what is the issue
Old 09-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default External switch option?

I have run HW ESC's and all had an external power switch. I recently bought the Hobbywing Xerun 120A V3.1 Sensored Brushless ESC, but it has a built in switch.

This sounds nice but it is difficult getting to the switch without removing the body. Is there an external switch option for this ESC?

It would be nice to be able to lift the side of the body to turn the ESC on.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
I have run HW ESC's and all had an external power switch. I recently bought the Hobbywing Xerun 120A V3.1 Sensored Brushless ESC, but it has a built in switch.

This sounds nice but it is difficult getting to the switch without removing the body. Is there an external switch option for this ESC?

It would be nice to be able to lift the side of the body to turn the ESC on.
I have all of the cars you have and can turn them all on and off without completely removing the body with a mix of different hobbywing speed controls. it csn be done my friend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.