Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 08-29-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Issues with arching between posts.

I am having an issue where the C post is arching to the ground post. From what I can tell. It appears the the protective cover over the copper between the posts have broken off. Is there a way to repair this or do I need to send it in for repairs?
Old 08-29-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Max8 Issues

Max 8 issues...... It started out with the Esc loosing all settings..... Ok I thought just one of those things, reprogrammed following instructions truck ran great for a day.

Had it out for a spin today did a mid speed tumble and the esc is constantly fast flashing red, like it's lost throttle signal. When powered on the motor won't beep anymore but the green will flash to 4s which is the battery I'm using. Then goes into the fast flashing red on Esc LED.

Reset neutral, forward, reverse following instructions, truck ran a few feet, same thing. Changed receiver rebound, reset throttle, truck ran a few feet and stopped, Esc fast flashing red. Rechecked all wiring wiggled all wires with throttle pegged, nothing. Changed batteries in the TX, reset throttle, truck ran a few feet and Esc fast flashing red. Now nothing at all even with reset on throttle settings......

Using the FLYSky GT3B Tx/Rx which has served me well on other trucks, really think this is a Esc issue.

Anyone know the solution to this....or is the Max8 headed to the scrap pile?

Update>>>> Swapped RX/TX for known good working unit no change, Batteries fully charged, Disabled LVC no change, reset Esc to factory default no change

Last edited by mudbug85603; 08-30-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hpiaddict
I am having an issue where the C post is arching to the ground post. From what I can tell. It appears the the protective cover over the copper between the posts have broken off. Is there a way to repair this or do I need to send it in for repairs?
If the shrink tubing is damaged you can replace it. There should be no arcing at all. ..
Old 08-30-2015, 03:17 AM
Tech Initiate

@slotmachine:
- Ive tried the servochannel
- ESC lights red - then flashes green(for one second) and then flahses red
- nothing happens to the motor

@cobraracing: the ESC is one year old, worked till the last weekend
- throttle reverse
- connect all cables and full battery
- transmitter on
- hold the set key and then switch on the ESC and release set key
- ESC lights red - then flashes green(for one second) and then flahses red
- move the throttel sticke at the neutral position and press set key for one time
and now the LED flashes red

Maybe the 4600kv Motor killed the ESC???
Thx for helping!!!

Last edited by dreckschleuder; 08-30-2015 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
If the shrink tubing is damaged you can replace it. There should be no arcing at all. ..
I did try shrink tubing around the post and it did not stop it from happening. The problem is that it is on the circuit board.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
I havent really tried it outside yet. I will tomorrow. But in the basement it is running correctly it seems. Will I be able to tell the difference with the sensor wire? I haven't been doin real good on the track cause I get no traction I'm always spinning out in corners and fish tailing when I hit throttle in straights. I turned the exp throttle setting down and the speed throttle setting and installed the sensor wire. So I'm hoping it tames it didn't some.
No traction? Is this installed in one of your Teknos? If so, find the Tekno sponsored driver at your track & get some setup/tire help.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anyone running the 4274sd motor in Truggy? Wanting to know if people that have this motor are happy with it.
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/hobbywi...060021/p279106
Old 08-30-2015, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Temps

Just bought a 3656sd motot for my 4wd SCT (Tekno 410.3). Before I install it, what are the max temps (internal and external) the motor can handle without damage? I wish it came with a manual stating max temps.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Anyone running the 4274sd motor in Truggy? Wanting to know if people that have this motor are happy with it.
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/hobbywi...060021/p279106
I run that motor sometimes in Ebuggy and it is a monster! It will do well in truggy I would think.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I run that motor sometimes in Ebuggy and it is a monster! It will do well in truggy I would think.
Thank you.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by qstorm777
Just bought a 3656sd motot for my 4wd SCT (Tekno 410.3). Before I install it, what are the max temps (internal and external) the motor can handle without damage? I wish it came with a manual stating max temps.

Thanks.
I personally would not push any motor over 200 degrees.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Do you have the same final drive? Did you have your end points turned up all the way, did you calibrate the speedo to your radio correctly?
I checked all the above and still was the same so I switched sensor and that was it there was a very small cut in one of the wires of the old one my v3.1 is running great thanks again for your reply.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ok I just got my new combo with the 120A esc v2.1 and an 8.5 moto, got it all hooked up and realized there was no cable to hook the esc to the box that came with it, why would they sell a program box with no cable and not mention in the product info you need to purchase it separate. and once I calibrated it to the radio for the throttle to be right with the button then it seemed like it had no power, got to do more reading but to pissed now to work on it any more.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
ok I just got my new combo with the 120A esc v2.1 and an 8.5 moto, got it all hooked up and realized there was no cable to hook the esc to the box that came with it, why would they sell a program box with no cable and not mention in the product info you need to purchase it separate. and once I calibrated it to the radio for the throttle to be right with the button then it seemed like it had no power, got to do more reading but to pissed now to work on it any more.
First off the v2.1 series uses the receiver wire to program the box. And I don't understand what you mean by "the throttle to be right with the button" sounds like you definitely should read the manual to familiarize yourself with the equipment you're using. It's probably a simple thing you're overlooking.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

"The throttle to be right with the button" meaning setting the full, neutral, and brake with the button to match the radio "calibrate it" And just like I said I got to do more reading. But this isn't my first ESC and they all are very similar. It was just Late and I got aggravated because a video I watched showed plugging the box into the fan port, and I didn't have a cable. It will all work out. And I wasn't slamming on Hobbywing I was just venting because no one at home was up.

Last edited by Braxamus; 09-01-2015 at 05:34 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.