HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 07-23-2015, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossman
Hi everyone I've got a xerun 120a v3.1 and just before I turned it off I took a reading of about 115f from the heatsink and then all of a sudden it started beeping an a the green light was flashing and I couldn't turn it off unless I disconnected the battery and the fan was running very slow and I had no steering in either direction and with each turn of the wheel the fan slowed or completely stopped.

I tried a different battery just in case the other one was running low but nothing I also disconnected the steering servo and this made the fan speed up but still no control and then it suddenly works but won't turn off.

It has now decided to start at least so I recalibrated it and now it's gone completely haywire ,it just keeps pulsing and with each one it revs like mad and then stops,it is not reacting to any input from the radio and when I try to turn it off by using the auto off by holding the brake it just flashes like it's going off and then the light goes solid green or the light goes off but the fan and servo still work.

I have no clue what is happening and would love some help.

Thanks

Ross
Can you try s different receiver?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Can you try s different receiver?
Yes I've tried a new receiver the only thing I haven't tried is a motor and sensor cable although I had it in and out an it made no difference,the issues were still there.

I also found that the esc turns on as soon as I touch the battery terminals instead of by the switch like it used to and even when the esc is off ie motor has shut down and no lights on the esc the fan,servo and rx are all still on it's like the switch isn't there but somehow it still works for calibration ?

I'm wondering whether this could be a cap issue or something to do with the Bec ?

Thanks

Ross
Old 07-24-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes I've tried a new receiver the only thing I haven't tried is a motor and sensor cable although I had it in and out an it made no difference,the issues were still there.

I also found that the esc turns on as soon as I touch the battery terminals instead of by the switch like it used to and even when the esc is off ie motor has shut down and no lights on the esc the fan,servo and rx are all still on it's like the switch isn't there but somehow it still works for calibration ?

I'm wondering whether this could be a cap issue or something to do with the Bec ?

Thanks

Ross
I'm kinda out of answers on this one now, I think I would start the RMA process.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stelio279
...Is there a way to get these more advanced options on the Xerun SCT Pro?
Originally Posted by rcus3r
No, not on the SCT Pro.
So are there any HW option for a SC 4X4 if I want more programmability? Maybe the XERUN 150A SD Brushless ESC for 1/8 Car??
Old 07-24-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I'm kinda out of answers on this one now, I think I would start the RMA process.
+1. I'm out of ideas.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stelio279
So are there any HW option for a SC 4X4 if I want more programmability? Maybe the XERUN 150A SD Brushless ESC for 1/8 Car??
Not for the SCT 4x4. The 150A has identical programming options as the SCT Pro. The only one that has more functions is the v3.1 (perhaps some others), but that is only suited for 2-pole motors. I guess if you are running a 2-pole motor in your SCT 4x4, it could work.

Not even the Orion 8 has these features. The only other ESCs that I am familiar with which have more programming features are the Castle MMP, and the Tekin RX8. But RX8 is going to run you 2x $$ as the SCT Pro.

I run the SCT Pro in my SCT 4x4 and e-buggy. Initially, I too was surprised that more programming was not available on this ESC, as well as the 150A. That said, I don't miss it... that much. Throttle and braking curves can be adjusted on a radio (if you have a good one), and boost and granular timing settings are not that critical in 4-pole motor applications.

Edit: Looks like the new XR8 does have turbo and boost settings - http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles...517ENG_XR8.pdf

Last edited by rcus3r; 07-24-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

rcus3r, Thanks for the info. I'm sure you're right that we don't really need that level of programming finesse in 4-pole 4x4 SC racing... But since when has 'need' ever stopped anyone in RC from thinking they could cut seconds off their lap times by just a few small tweaks ;-)

That XR8 (geez, could it be any more blatant that they are going after the Tekin RX8 market-share!) looks like it will be a beast of an ESC when released. Will keep an eye out.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean B.
Does the 120a 3.1 or the stock spec 3.1 have any advantage over the Justock speedo when it comes to blinky 17.5? Also, the Justock comes with one capacitor, is it possible or beneficial to add more or something like the Team Powers Xbooster to the Justock?
Anyone?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
+1. I'm out of ideas.
Hi everyone I spoke to HW direct and they say that my issues are caused by a broken voltage regulator and said I would have to send it off for repair but just so people know there is a video of someone else with the same issue so feel free to watch just so you guys know the symptoms,thanks everyone.
http://youtu.be/sVF8RYXAbV4
Old 07-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello all, I have a question posted in the radio and esc section but no response yet. I have 3 hobby wing esc's one wpsc8 one Quicrun one my new Xerun sct pro. Just wondering why it is needed to unplug the esc from the RX in order to have my lcd card connect with the esc since my other 2 do not require that ?
Old 07-25-2015, 02:09 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Iīm searching for a ESC for 4S battery and 4 pol motors, for a 1/8 scale 4WD onroad car. Also have to be sensored. I really would be interested to try boosted/timing as most offroad motors are too much torque and a lower KV rating motor with boosted option could work maybe better. At least I want to try.

Which 1/8 ESC could do boosted? Actually I would be interested in a SCT Pro as I know this ESC does work with these cars but if it canīt do boosted itīs not my first choice anymore.
I have seen the new Hobbywing ESC coming what should be perfect but have found nothing about release date or price.

Is there any other good quality ESC what can do boosted for 4S 4-pol?
Old 07-25-2015, 04:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks

Ross
You kinda answered your own question. Replace the switch.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcus3r
Not for the SCT 4x4. The 150A has identical programming options as the SCT Pro. The only one that has more functions is the v3.1 (perhaps some others), but that is only suited for 2-pole motors. I guess if you are running a 2-pole motor in your SCT 4x4, it could work.

Not even the Orion 8 has these features. The only other ESCs that I am familiar with which have more programming features are the Castle MMP, and the Tekin RX8. But RX8 is going to run you 2x $$ as the SCT Pro.

I run the SCT Pro in my SCT 4x4 and e-buggy. Initially, I too was surprised that more programming was not available on this ESC, as well as the 150A. That said, I don't miss it... that much. Throttle and braking curves can be adjusted on a radio (if you have a good one), and boost and granular timing settings are not that critical in 4-pole motor applications.

Edit: Looks like the new XR8 does have turbo and boost settings - http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles...517ENG_XR8.pdf
I have a XR8 preordered for my 1/8 buggy, considered one for my 4X4 SCT but I am waiting to see how they do on 2s as the old 1/8 scale 150amp esc is a dog on 2s compaired to say a RX8.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by V12
Iīm searching for a ESC for 4S battery and 4 pol motors, for a 1/8 scale 4WD onroad car. Also have to be sensored. I really would be interested to try boosted/timing as most offroad motors are too much torque and a lower KV rating motor with boosted option could work maybe better. At least I want to try.

Which 1/8 ESC could do boosted? Actually I would be interested in a SCT Pro as I know this ESC does work with these cars but if it canīt do boosted itīs not my first choice anymore.
I have seen the new Hobbywing ESC coming what should be perfect but have found nothing about release date or price.

Is there any other good quality ESC what can do boosted for 4S 4-pol?
The new esc is up for preorders, $160 range, slated for august.
The sct-pro does do timing. Just not boost/turbo

Last edited by hesh; 07-25-2015 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Sct-pro info
Old 07-25-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Hsllo
does the just stock club spec esc need a power cap. Looks like it don't come with one in the manual?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.