HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 07-15-2015, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a question regarding punch rate.
So other ESC uses punch rate in a way that basically the esc smoothes out the throttle input changes based on certain time interval ( 2 seconds or maybe 0.2 seconds). Can anyone tell me what exactly punch rate does?

From my experience, the punch control (DRRS) for Ver2.1 only smoothes out the throttle changes. what about v3.1? What exactly is "punch rate"?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wdiabc
I have a question regarding punch rate.
So other ESC uses punch rate in a way that basically the esc smoothes out the throttle input changes based on certain time interval ( 2 seconds or maybe 0.2 seconds). Can anyone tell me what exactly punch rate does?

From my experience, the punch control (DRRS) for Ver2.1 only smoothes out the throttle changes. what about v3.1? What exactly is "punch rate"?
Punch rate on the V3 series is exactly the same as the v2.1. It's just able to fine tune it better. Say you run punch on 5 with the 2.1 then it would be about 18 on the v3. (If I remember right settings are 1-30) punch is initial take off or say coming off a slower corner.

There is also a punch switch point setting. That's just where in the throttle movement it switches. Say the stock setting is 50. The first stage punch setting is used for the first 50 percent of throttle movement. Then the second stage comes in from 51-100

Hope that makes sense to you.
Roger
Old 07-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default HobbyWing Program box

I have a HobbyWing XERUN SCT COMBO along with the program box

I know how to use the box but the instructions dont tell me one thing

when I hook it up and turn on the power

it connects to the ESC

Then it shows on the display

0 practice mode, then it goes to number 1

what is 0 and how do I change it ????
Old 07-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

The hobbywing program box can store 3 profiles, each profile can be individually adjusted through hooking up to a computer. From factory, the first profile they have called a Practice mode which has settings they suggest as being useful for practice, the second profile they have is called Race mode which its settings remove some of the limitations in Practice mode. I cant remember what the third profile is setup from box like.

I have used the computer software to build 3 other profiles to replace the factory ones, one for low grip loose tracks (less aggressive), one for high grip smooth tracks (very agressive) and one for letting people borrow the car to have a try with (limited power, high LVC etc), that way so when I rock up to a track, if I see loose low grip, I just plug the programing box in a set the speedie to use the low grip profile and it changes all my settings at once without having to go through all the menu's 1 by 1 to set it how I want it, and can quickly change between profiles as needed. You can however use it to individually set 1 setting still.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hi everybody.

I was out training yesterday for a race this weekend, and I encountered an issue I haven't had before. I have a Durango DEX408 with HW Xerun 150A (HW437_V5.0_150A), and 1800KV HW motor.

First the car just suddently died, then came back to life immediately came back to life (i heard it gave 4 beeps for the cell count) and drove on.

Some time later it died again but didn't start again this time.
When I got to the car car I coulnd't find any issues with it. I had first suspected a loose connection, but everything was in place.

When I got home I tried to test it out a bit, but didn't get any wiser.
Half of the time it would power on, and the other half it woulnd't.

Then I thought about the new software I had updated to, not too long ago.
I read a few pages back, but didn't find someone with the same issue.

Have any of you encountered something like this after upgrading to newest firmware?

Current firmware on it is V104_150409.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Brandon Powell
Anyone had an issue with the "B" wire coming unsoldered on a 3656 4000kv? Drivetrain is free, the 4000kv is 2 races old. Gearing is right were everyone else is running. Could it be the Speedo???
Does the connector lead likes this one? The Screw type gold-plated connector?
Attached Thumbnails HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD-connector-lead.jpg  
Old 07-17-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Huleboer
Hi everybody.

I was out training yesterday for a race this weekend, and I encountered an issue I haven't had before. I have a Durango DEX408 with HW Xerun 150A (HW437_V5.0_150A), and 1800KV HW motor.

First the car just suddently died, then came back to life immediately came back to life (i heard it gave 4 beeps for the cell count) and drove on.

Some time later it died again but didn't start again this time.
When I got to the car car I coulnd't find any issues with it. I had first suspected a loose connection, but everything was in place.

When I got home I tried to test it out a bit, but didn't get any wiser.
Half of the time it would power on, and the other half it woulnd't.

Then I thought about the new software I had updated to, not too long ago.
I read a few pages back, but didn't find someone with the same issue.

Have any of you encountered something like this after upgrading to newest firmware?

Current firmware on it is V104_150409.
switch?
Old 07-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jshe0819
Does the connector lead likes this one? The Screw type gold-plated connector?
I had a similar issue, but it was post A on the 4700kv HW. I soldered the thing 4 times on my race day because it kept coming unsoldered. Then someone happened to try tightening the small screws that hold them together and found that they were loose by a few turns. We tighten down the screws to the posts, soldered it back up, I ran it as hard as I could with a 5000mah battery and the problem was solved.

Check to see if your screws are loose on the posts and its creating a poor connection.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rkhess
switch?
I have made a plug on the swith wire to be prepared if it should fail, but neither of my two switches nor shorting it cures the issue.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Check solder connections under the shrink wrap..I had mine acting up something like that.. half soldered connection coming apart.felt like it was good but not fully.. good luck
Old 07-17-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default HobbyWing Program Box

HELP

I know how to use the program box

But

when I turn it on and after it connects to the ESC

It flashes "0 Practice "

then goes to "1"

what is "0" and how do I change it
Old 07-17-2015, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by advpball
Check solder connections under the shrink wrap..I had mine acting up something like that.. half soldered connection coming apart.felt like it was good but not fully.. good luck
All of my soldering are exposed, so I'm certain they aren't the issue.

I'm much more inclined to an internal issue with the ESC, but as it works sometimes I just thought it might be software.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

HELP: I just purchased a windows based PC with windows 8 software to program and update the ten various hobby wing speed controllers. Let me start by saying I hate PC's. I'm a MAC guy and even had a PC friend help me but for what ever reason the software when downloaded does not recognize the programmer and or the speed controller? Is there something unique to the windows 8 software that I'm missing. We're able to get the programmer and speedo connection to work with a older windows 7 PC.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
HELP: I just purchased a windows based PC with windows 8 software to program and update the ten various hobby wing speed controllers. Let me start by saying I hate PC's. I'm a MAC guy and even had a PC friend help me but for what ever reason the software when downloaded does not recognize the programmer and or the speed controller? Is there something unique to the windows 8 software that I'm missing. We're able to get the programmer and speedo connection to work with a older windows 7 PC.
Try opening the program as administrator, plug in the box then plug in the speedo and turn it on.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

im on w8 and u have to run it as admin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.