HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-29-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Now remember if you are using the sct pro you plug into the fan port.
LOL yeah don't make the same mistake I did
Old 06-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now remember if you are using the sct pro you plug into the fan port.
Originally Posted by Riflebuilder
The box connects and was able to be updated. Just cannot get the ESC to be recognized on any of my computers.
This. Pretty much all I can think of at this point. OR, you are plugging it into the fan port but in the wrong orientation
Old 06-30-2015, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm looking for some input I just picked up a new wp-sc8 and a leopard hobby 4650kv that I stuck in my tekno sct410 I'm running 15/58 gearing savox sc-1258 servo and a spektrum tx/rx and GForce 6000mah 70c batteries. I ran it for the first time this past weekend and only got about 3-4 mins run time on the track then it seemed like the battery dumped so I grabbed my E buggy and ran it. I then threw a fresh pack in the tekno and got even less run time. Temps were 143 esc and 127 motor. I let it sit a few mins and it only ran a couple laps with the same results!?!?! Maybe I need a glitch buster??? Any info would be great. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sounds like a LVC problem. Adjust your Low Voltage Cutoff to 2.8 and try it. When it stops does it have steering still?
Old 06-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

sounds like a LVC problem. Adjust your Low Voltage Cutoff to 2.8 and try it. When it stops does it have steering still?
I will try that, it is set to 3.2 currently. Yes it does still have steering. Any other idea's anybody!?!?
Old 06-30-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cjanderson3
I will try that, it is set to 3.2 currently. Yes it does still have steering. Any other idea's anybody!?!?
Its most likely the LVC like Slot said.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cjanderson3
More then likely it's the lvc as stated. But turn off you overheat protection as well. Lower you lvc to 3.0 then try it . If ut still does it drop to 2.8.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Sounds good guys, I will try that today and report back!
Old 07-01-2015, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Hi All. I am new to Hobbywing, but figured I would give it a try as I am tired of replacing Tekin Gen2's constantly. Purchased a HobbyWing Xerun 150A w/2250 setup and installed it in my buggy last night. Plugged in the program box and made sure all was good, made a couple small changes, saved the settings and plugged it in. Everything installed, I went to Calibrate it to my radio and this is where the problem starts. I followed the following process:

- Turned my TX on, checked to make sure that EPA's were at 100% and Throttle set to Reverse as stated in the manual
- Hold the setup button and turned the ESC on while holding the setup button until the Red light started to flash and then released the button.
- Made sure the transmitter was at neutral and pressed the setup button but nothing happened. No lights at all.

I repeated the process, waiting for a few seconds longer before pressing the button to set neutral, but still nothing.

I believe I am entering programming mode on the ESC since it does not progress to the 4 green light/beeps to recognize my 4S lipo. My rx light turns green so I know it is connecting to my Radio and my receiver is getting power from the ESC.

I tried changing the throttle from "Reverse" back to "Normal" as it was set for my Tekin, repeated the process, but nothing.

I installed a glitch buster that I have used with my Tekin setup, repeated the process, but still nothing.

I unplugged my transponder and Steering Servo and tried again, but still nothing.

I Re-programmed the ESC to change the lipo setting from AutoDetect to 4S, repeated the process and still nothing.

I replaced the receiver, sync'd it to my radio, repeated the process, but still nothing.

I changed to a different 4S lipo and repeated the process, but still nothing.

I grabbed a different radio, sync'd it to my reciever, repeated the process, but still nothing.

I plugged the ESC into my laptop and updated the firmware from the 'V103_130806-Beta' it came with to 'V1.04_150409', checked all my settings. Repeated the process again, but still nothing.

With the new transmitter I changed back to the original receiver, sync'd them. Repeated the process again, but still nothing.

I even tried to just let the ESC startup normally without worrying about the calibration to see if it will take any throttle input and spin the motor, but nothing.

No matter what I do, I can not get the ESC to acknowledge the neutral input and flash green. 2 Radios, 2 recievers and 2 lipo's later I am stuck. I thought since the ESC can be programmed (And hold the program changes) and the firmware on it updated that the ESC was likely good, but not sure what to say now. I know both the radios work as the work on my other cars.

Any magic idea's on how to get this to work? I have ran Orion, Tekin and Castle and have never had this type of issue before. My second system for my other buggy is showing up tomorrow and not really looking forward to it at this point.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 242 (100%+)

If you're using anything other than a Futaba then the throttle position should be Normal. Try increasing your EPA to something over 100%, not sure what the max is on your radio.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

I am using a RadioPost TS401 radio. I tried both Normal and Reverse for the throttle. I believe my EPA can go up to 150, I will try that. I even reset the model on my Radio to try from scratch.....
Old 07-01-2015, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsmax
I am using a RadioPost TS401 radio. I tried both Normal and Reverse for the throttle. I believe my EPA can go up to 150, I will try that. I even reset the model on my Radio to try from scratch.....
Try a receiver from one of your cars that you know for sure works, and make sure your speedo is plugged into the receiver correctly. It sounds like no throttle signal to the speedo. You can also try switching your steering and throttle plugs in the receiver and see if your steering wheel will work the throttle and vice-versa.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Try a receiver from one of your cars that you know for sure works, and make sure your speedo is plugged into the receiver correctly. It sounds like no throttle signal to the speedo. You can also try switching your steering and throttle plugs in the receiver and see if your steering wheel will work the throttle and vice-versa.
I was thinking about this earlier as well. I will verify the functionality of the radio and rx in another car then move both to the buggy and try the ESC with it. Thanks,
Old 07-01-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds silly, but make sure your esc lead is plugged into the rx the correct way. Seen this mistake many times.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:52 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Xerun 3656 4000 KV on 3s

Can the 4000KV Xerun combo setup run effectively on 3s? If so, what is the optimal range of pinion gears? Currently running a Tekno SCT 410 and would like to use both 2s and 3s. thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.