Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

how can i downgrade the software that i just updated to?
Old 06-25-2015, 04:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
Bird cage or solid style? If it still has steering then you're not browning out the receiver. As Slotmachine mentioned in a previous post to another member, it could be a switch. Either way something is cutting the power to the esc....lvc, poor connection or switch.
I have birdcage on there now, but I also have solid bullets I could solder on instead. I am also going to try mounting the switch vertical with 'On' in down position. Right now it is flat on the chassis. Thanks Nitro. We'll see what happens. Hopefully I get him running again.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 243 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danno2001
I have birdcage on there now, but I also have solid bullets I could solder on instead. I am also going to try mounting the switch vertical with 'On' in down position. Right now it is flat on the chassis. Thanks Nitro. We'll see what happens. Hopefully I get him running again.
I would definitely switch to the solid bullets, known issues with bird cage style and high amp draw applications. I don't think it's a switch position issue but possibly a bad switch in general. You can cut it off as a last resort.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just give Falcon Sekido a call, should be under warranty if you just purchased it.
Thanks nitro_mt_racer, I emailed them and I'm sending the ESC in. Not sure if they will warranty it though as the explanation they gave kind of made it sound like they thought it was user error. We'll see I guess.

The best I can hope for is store credit so maybe I can pick up a Max5 instead, it is a nice looking ESC!
Old 06-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by braderb
And me to the list of SCT combo shutting down around 6 minutes into a run. No issues for 2 years and it started around March. Software was updated. Had to replace with Orion.

So many people with this issues - IT MUST STILL BE A SOFTWARE ISSUE!

I've been running my sct pro since mid last year
Now all the sudden it started acting up shutting
Down in less than 5 minutes in to the run all the time
I had just got new batts I thought that was the problem
But it wasn't
I put a castle bec on it last night and it worked fine
15 minutes without a problem
So I'm assuming the internal bec has taken a crap
Not sure if this will help anyone but for 20 bucks it's worth a try
Old 06-25-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

If I update the firmware is there a way to go back if I don't like
It with the new firmware ?
Thanks
Mike
Old 06-25-2015, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 68sportcoup
I've been running my sct pro since mid last year
Now all the sudden it started acting up shutting
Down in less than 5 minutes in to the run all the time
I had just got new batts I thought that was the problem
But it wasn't
I put a castle bec on it last night and it worked fine
15 minutes without a problem
So I'm assuming the internal bec has taken a crap
Not sure if this will help anyone but for 20 bucks it's worth a try
Depending on what servos people run, an external bec is a must. On our 2s trucks we power the receiver from the positive battery wire on the esc post. On our 4s buggies we run a castle external bec. Stock internal bec is only 3a which won't power much with today's high speed/high torque/high amp draw servos.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FGomez50
Thanks
Mike
Not sure, we haven't updated yet and don't plan to. Slotmachine would probably know the answer to this question.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
Did you see the video I posted before? If not here it is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFX2hFhpSrw

You need to have the USB link software open on the computer first. Then, plug the program box into the USB port. Next you plug the box into the esc by plugging the lead into the fan port. NOW you connect your battery and turn on the ESC (without the radio on...this is important). The box needs to display "Connecting PC" or else something has been connected incorrectly.

If that doesn't work, your box may be damaged. Has your box been stored in the box it came in?
I have been trying just about "everything" and I cannot get the ESC to connect to the PC. I just do not know what to do at this point. I watched your video multiple times and the problem is when I plug the lead into the fan port, then turn on the ESC, the computer will not recognize the ESC. The Green light does not come on in USB Link.

My truck has been down for about 2 weeks now in the middle of the season. Getting a little frustrated.

Mark
Old 06-25-2015, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FGomez50
Thanks
Mike
Yes sirs. You simply reconnect the box an esc to the USB software as you would to update it, and instead of clicking the newest software you click the version you were using before.
Originally Posted by Riflebuilder
I have been trying just about "everything" and I cannot get the ESC to connect to the PC. I just do not know what to do at this point. I watched your video multiple times and the problem is when I plug the lead into the fan port, then turn on the ESC, the computer will not recognize the ESC. The Green light does not come on in USB Link.

My truck has been down for about 2 weeks now in the middle of the season. Getting a little frustrated.

Mark
What speed control is this on?
Old 06-25-2015, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Depending on what servos people run, an external bec is a must. On our 2s trucks we power the receiver from the positive battery wire on the esc post. On our 4s buggies we run a castle external bec. Stock internal bec is only 3a which won't power much with today's high speed/high torque/high amp draw servos.
From my limited knowledge of BECs. The SCT Pro uses a switching mode BEC (vs linear mode in the v3.1) In theory, it is supposed to be more efficient at delivering voltage at given current.

Using Savox 1258 on SCT Pro with no external BEC, never had an issue with my SCT truck. Also have SCT Pro on my ebuggy with no issue. Honestly, I don't think I have seen anyone at our track running BEC with SCT Pro in various applications.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcus3r
From my limited knowledge of BECs. The SCT Pro uses a switching mode BEC (vs linear mode in the v3.1) In theory, it is supposed to be more efficient at delivering voltage at given current.

Using Savox 1258 on SCT Pro with no external BEC, never had an issue with my SCT truck. Also have SCT Pro on my ebuggy with no issue. Honestly, I don't think I have seen anyone at our track running BEC with SCT Pro in various applications.
I'm running the sct pro in my scte2.0
Savox 1258
Ran it 1/2 of last year outdoors
And now it couple weeks ago just started acting up
Put a bec on now it's fine
Old 06-26-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcus3r

Everyone's experience is different, great that you don't have to run an external but in our case it was necessary. For reference, we run Savox 1267 & 1268 servos.

When the XR8 hits store shelves it won't matter much, 15a on it's internal bec.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Riflebuilder

Mark
Try removing the speed control plug from the receiver and see if that helps.......
Paul
Old 06-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Try removing the speed control plug from the receiver and see if that helps.......
Paul
This.

SCT Pro paired with my SCT - no problem connecting.

SCT Pro paired with my ebuggy - I have to pull the ESC lead from the receiver in order to get to programming.

Not sure why. Same version.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.