HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-23-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by braderb
And me to the list of SCT combo shutting down around 6 minutes into a run. No issues for 2 years and it started around March. Software was updated. Had to replace with Orion.

So many people with this issues - IT MUST STILL BE A SOFTWARE ISSUE!
Switch..................
Old 06-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default hobbywing 150 amp

Originally Posted by muskie1999
I just bought a xerun 150a sd to replace my burnt out tekin. I have it running on two parallel 2s. After about 5 minutes of driving the esc blinks red and green at the same time and I didn't see anything in the manual stating what that means. Could anyone provide me some insight as to what those lights mean?

other than that problem how do you like the hobbywing im thinking I want one are they better than the tekin?
Old 06-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default switch

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Switch..................

do you mean switch back to the old software if we are having problem how do we downgrade the software?
Old 06-24-2015, 05:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by FGomez50
do you mean switch back to the old software if we are having problem how do we downgrade the software?
I think he means switch brands to something more reliable than what HW is currently putting out. According to all of the posts on here recently of shutting down issues with no response on how to fix, including mine a couple of pages back, you get what you pay for I guess. "It is a known issue." It is frustrating.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 242 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danno2001
I think he means switch brands to something more reliable than what HW is currently putting out. According to all of the posts on here recently of shutting down issues with no response on how to fix, including mine a couple of pages back, you get what you pay for I guess. "It is a known issue." It is frustrating.
Did you try turning off your lvc? What chassis/motor/battery are you running?
Old 06-24-2015, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

just sharing my experience.... the only issues I've had with HW is the LVC. I set it to 2.8 and just am mindful of how long I am on the track during practices. Any other issues I've had were NOT related to any specific brand. They were silly things like wires getting pinched, caught on the drive train, etc. Honestly, I don't even think about my esc any more, which is nice. I don't tune with it. I don't do anything except turn it on, run, turn it off. That's a huge plus in my book.

So can you find better products out there? probably. But expect to spend significantly more. I figure when my 150amp escs start limiting my abilities, I'll worry about switching.

my current setup is - 150 amp esc, Tekin Gen 2 1900kv geared 15-46 with stock settings on the esc. JQ gearing is similar to TLR/Mugen for your point of reference
Old 06-24-2015, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

For what it's worth, I have 4x HW ESCs - 150A, SCT Pro, and 2x v3.1 120A.

I too experienced the LVC problem. If HW did some software/firmware fix, lot of the complains on this thread would go away. Can't blame the users. We are all told don't go below certain voltage, and setting your ESC to a much lower value is counter intuitive.

Other than LVC, I actually smoked one ESC. Probably 93% my fault. These things are not idiot proof.

This is a support thread, so naturally, most of the comments on here are about problems. Not many come here to talk about how things work the way they should.

How many of these reported problems are user error? Hard to tell...

My 4x HW ESCs (and 2x motors) work flawlessly. I am not switching anytime soon.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

it's my understanding that they actually did do a fix for the LVC. I just haven't updated my ESC yet. I'm not doing it until after the Electric 8th scale Nationals next month. Then I'll go ahead and flash the firmware on one of my two and run it for a bit.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riflebuilder
I have been trying the last few days to get the electronic speed control to connect to my computer for an update but it just won't register with the USB link. I've tried all kinds of things and reading the instructions line by line but for some reason it just wont connect.

Mark
Did you see the video I posted before? If not here it is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFX2hFhpSrw

You need to have the USB link software open on the computer first. Then, plug the program box into the USB port. Next you plug the box into the esc by plugging the lead into the fan port. NOW you connect your battery and turn on the ESC (without the radio on...this is important). The box needs to display "Connecting PC" or else something has been connected incorrectly.

If that doesn't work, your box may be damaged. Has your box been stored in the box it came in?
Old 06-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
Did you try turning off your lvc? What chassis/motor/battery are you running?
I haven't cut it all the way off yet. I am afraid of over draining my $110 Venom packs. It is a SCTE with Sct Pro/4000kv combo, Venom 6000mah/100C.

Bought HW combo and batteries in February, made it out to the track twice and we got two packs in each time on this car. It ran very well both weekends. I was really impressed.

Then we had a long break due to sports until last weekend. 4 laps in on first pack it shut off, steering only for a bit, then it came back. After that 2-3 laps max was all we could get before it happened again.

So far I have lowered LVC, changed sensor wires out, updated firmware, etc. I am about to try resoldering everything even tho connections look fine. I always put my batteries back at storage level each time before I leave the track since I am never sure how long it will be before I get back out. I think I got it all in this post.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

I haven't cut it all the way off yet. I am afraid of over draining my $110 Venom packs. It is a SCTE with Sct Pro/4000kv combo, Venom 6000mah/100C.

Bought HW combo and batteries in February, made it out to the track twice and we got two packs in each time on this car. It ran very well both weekends. I was really impressed.

Then we had a long break due to sports until last weekend. 4 laps in on first pack it shut off, steering only for a bit, then it came back. After that 2-3 laps max was all we could get before it happened again.

So far I have lowered LVC, changed sensor wires out, updated firmware, etc. I am about to try resoldering everything even tho connections look fine. I always put my batteries back at storage level each time before I leave the track since I am never sure how long it will be before I get back out. I think I got it all in this post.
I would try turning your LVC off, you won't ruin a battery in 6 laps. When the throttle cuts off does the steering cut off as well? Almost sounds like a battery connection issue. Are you using that universal connector on your Venom pack? If so, I'd change that thing out for a deans or traxxas plug right away.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FGomez50
No I meant it is a bad switch.................

I would never switch or suggest any such thing. I believe in the products wholeheartedly . I`m not just a spokesperson I`m a driver for Hobbywing............
Old 06-24-2015, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
it's my understanding that they actually did do a fix for the LVC. I just haven't updated my ESC yet. I'm not doing it until after the Electric 8th scale Nationals next month. Then I'll go ahead and flash the firmware on one of my two and run it for a bit.
Whats up Bob? How are those adjustments working out for you from Mushroom? I might show up to the Nats for support...................
Paul
Old 06-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
I would try turning your LVC off, you won't ruin a battery in 6 laps. When the throttle cuts off does the steering cut off as well? Almost sounds like a battery connection issue. Are you using that universal connector on your Venom pack? If so, I'd change that thing out for a deans or traxxas plug right away.
I am using 4mm bullets right into the tubes on the pack direct from the esc. It still has steering, just loses throttle.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

I am using 4mm bullets right into the tubes on the pack direct from the esc. It still has steering, just loses throttle.
Bird cage or solid style? If it still has steering then you're not browning out the receiver. As Slotmachine mentioned in a previous post to another member, it could be a switch. Either way something is cutting the power to the esc....lvc, poor connection or switch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.