HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-21-2015, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GluEEE
Hi.

I have bought the 4274 2200kV sensored motor. I have Tekno ET48 KIT too.
I wonder if I can use standard screws to fasten the motor to motor mount.
What's the depth of the holes on the shaft's side?
If I use too long screws, can I damage the coil?

Thanks!
I think the screws you are referring to are metric 3mm screws and you only need them long enough to go through the mount + another 2 to 3mm.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riflebuilder
Here I am spending hours on fathers day trying to ensure my Hobbywing ESC has the correct firmware because of problems with my truck shutting down during the middle of races. I have the USB Link installed and up to date, I have the multi functional programmer updated as well, but it just says "connecting to pc" and with the Device tab on ESC, it shows it is not connected. I followed the manual a dozen times word by word and it will not connect my ESC to the PC by USB link. I'm just getting to the point where I'm about done.

Any ideas before I just put this in a box and install a Tekin RX8 Gen 2???
I always connect the box to the computer first, then to the esc. check out this video I made on the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFX2hFhpSrw

SCT-Pro and V3.1 are programmed through the fan port, all others through the receiver lead.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I think the screws you are referring to are metric 3mm screws and you only need them long enough to go through the mount + another 2 to 3mm.
Thanks. Can I damage coil if screw are too long?
What is the depth of the mounting holes?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Rookie

I just bought a xerun 150a sd to replace my burnt out tekin. I have it running on two parallel 2s. After about 5 minutes of driving the esc blinks red and green at the same time and I didn't see anything in the manual stating what that means. Could anyone provide me some insight as to what those lights mean?
Old 06-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muskie1999
I just bought a xerun 150a sd to replace my burnt out tekin. I have it running on two parallel 2s. After about 5 minutes of driving the esc blinks red and green at the same time and I didn't see anything in the manual stating what that means. Could anyone provide me some insight as to what those lights mean?
Mine is currently doing the same thing, according to an E-mail from Jason at Hobbywing, he states that the ESC is going from sensored mode to sensorless mode. I have been running my truck with out the sensor wire in and I only started having problems when I installed the sensor wire.

He told me to try different sensor wires and see if that fixes the problem.

I'm not sure that is the problem, but I will keep checking. My truck shuts off, but my batteries have 3.5 volts per cell still, I believe the auto shutoff is 3.2.

Mark
Old 06-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hi guys, I just started driving my newly assembled OFNA GTP2e over the last weekend. I finished assembling at the beginning of last week! It is running a Xerun 150a w/neewer 2150kv motor.

I have been running it on 4s for the initial shake down runs and it has been running beautifully! I'd have to say I have about 4-5 runs on it.

So today after deciding everything is well and good I took it out for a 6s session. The ambient temperature is in the 70s and it was just a great day for a bashing session! After about 3-4 minutes of running I check the motor temp and it is a respectable 135 degrees f.

I get back into my run and about 3 laps later I see the dreaded black smoke billow out from under the shell! My heart jumped out of my chest!

I ran to the model, popped the body off and unplugged the batteries (2 3s 5000mah nano-techs). The ESC looks like it basically exploded and split in 2 pieces! Here is what it looks like-

I'm very lucky/relieved the entire model didn't go up in smoke but at the same time I am super bummed my brand new build is broken and out of commission.

I found this link while looking for HobbyWing technical support. I really don't know what to do at this point. I'm out a brand new ESC, a 10A BEC, the plastic battery tray, my fans and possibly other parts (I have to check things out after work).

I'm just wondering what my options are at this point? Is the ESC under warranty? I bought it directly from http://www.falconsekido.com/

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 243 (100%+)

Mine is currently doing the same thing, according to an E-mail from Jason at Hobbywing, he states that the ESC is going from sensored mode to sensorless mode. I have been running my truck with out the sensor wire in and I only started having problems when I installed the sensor wire.

I'm not sure that is the problem, but I will keep checking. My truck shuts off, but my batteries have 3.5 volts per cell still, I believe the auto shutoff is 3.2.

Mark
If your batteries check 3.5v/cell when your truck shuts off then more than likely it's at lvc. Turn your lvc off to test this theory. Amp draw spikes will draw that pack down to lvc & then it'll come back up.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeGozz
I'm just wondering what my options are at this point? Is the ESC under warranty? I bought it directly from http://www.falconsekido.com/

Thanks,
Mike
Just give Falcon Sekido a call, should be under warranty if you just purchased it.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muskie1999

Mark
Those lights do mean the esc has switched to sensorless mode.

For the other issue, it is definitley your LVC. Try running it at 2.8v, this will prevent it from shutting off under power spikes. You will also want to make sure you have the latest software on your ESC, as that reduces this issue and allows the ESC to run cooler.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone have screw spec for 3.1 fan.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

And me to the list of SCT combo shutting down around 6 minutes into a run. No issues for 2 years and it started around March. Software was updated. Had to replace with Orion.

So many people with this issues - IT MUST STILL BE A SOFTWARE ISSUE!
Old 06-22-2015, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
Those lights do mean the esc has switched to sensorless mode.

For the other issue, it is definitley your LVC. Try running it at 2.8v, this will prevent it from shutting off under power spikes. You will also want to make sure you have the latest software on your ESC, as that reduces this issue and allows the ESC to run cooler.
I have been trying the last few days to get the electronic speed control to connect to my computer for an update but it just won't register with the USB link. I've tried all kinds of things and reading the instructions line by line but for some reason it just wont connect.

Mark
Old 06-22-2015, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by braderb
And me to the list of SCT combo shutting down around 6 minutes into a run. No issues for 2 years and it started around March. Software was updated. Had to replace with Orion.

So many people with this issues - IT MUST STILL BE A SOFTWARE ISSUE!
We have not updated to the latest software release.....don't see any reason to. LVC sensitivity has been an issue with the sct pro for several years now, we turn ours off as we're only racing.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is it possible to hot wire the switch on the SC8 esc. If so does anyone know how. My switch broke after the 2way tape failed and the switch was drug till it all came part. Heres whats left. I know i can order a switch but funds are low.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96
Is it possible to hot wire the switch on the SC8 esc. If so does anyone know how. My switch broke after the 2way tape failed and the switch was drug till it all came part. Heres whats left. I know i can order a switch but funds are low.
On the sct pro you can solder the red & black together to bypass the switch, the white wire then acts as the button for calibration purposes. On yours, you could try holding the brown & orange together to see if it starts up, the white would then act like the button if needed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.