Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 05-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mugenlife
Anyone think there would be an issue running a juststock with a short stack 17.5 motor without a fan in stock SCT?
No need for a fan in 17.5 it will be ok.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Wow! What's going on with all the hobby wing esc. A lot of people are having problems with these things. Has quality gone bad.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Highside15
I have purchased the Hobbywing sct pro package with 120amp esc and 3656 4000kv sensored motor. Motor and esc were installed in a Losi scte 2.0 sct. Everything seems to work correctly when powering up and going slow except for an occasional hesitation at low rpm but not bad. Once on the track, the setup will overheat the c wire to the point that it un solders itself from the motor within 10 seconds. The first time I hit the strait and give it full throttle. I have tried lowering punch control with usb interface which also seems to work correctly. I have tried spinning motor in a cordless drill and measuring ac voltage between ab ac bc and all of these read the same at about .253v. Not sure what to do, cannot complete a single lap.

I have also set the esc timing to 0 with the programmer box, no change.
I would guess you've got an internal short in the motor. Power is not flowing thru the C tab on the motor.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eXXon
Hello,

I got the M6B combo and it worked great. Changed Tx/Rx (RC3S), did the binding, did the neutral/throttle/reverse, all good. Charged the packs and when I turn on the ESC, no beeps, no motor movement, but servo works.

What does the flashing red LED mean on the ESC with no beeps or sound? And if I hit full throttle or reverse, red LED turns solid until I let go ? motor doesn't move at all.

Thanks.
Is the combo wired correctly?

Originally Posted by Hazardous/2k4
Hello switch stopped working on my xerun so I cut it off, how do I get it to work without the switch, do I just connect the red and black together? I tried connecting all 3 wires but when you plug in battery it beeps as in calibration mode. Or do I have to replace switch for it to run correctly? Thanks
Connect the red & black together, the white wire will act as the button so when you need to calibrate you just touch the white wire to the others as if you were pushing the button.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
Is the combo wired correctly?

Yap, it was working perfectly till I changed the Tx/Rx, beeps and everything.

The manual doesn't provide much troubleshooting info (blinking red on neutral, solid red on throttle/reverse, no beeps on startup). Does the same with or without the sensored wire.

Will try a different Rx, if that doesn't work, will try reinstalling the original Tx/Rx. Maybe the ESC connector is the culprit?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eXXon
Yap, it was working perfectly till I changed the Tx/Rx, beeps and everything.

The manual doesn't provide much troubleshooting info (blinking red on neutral, solid red on throttle/reverse, no beeps on startup). Does the same with or without the sensored wire.

Will try a different Rx, if that doesn't work, will try reinstalling the original Tx/Rx. Maybe the ESC connector is the culprit?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks again.
Blinking red generally indicates no signal so it goes into fail safe.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
Blinking red generally indicates no signal so it goes into fail safe.

Ahh that makes sense, since there are no beeps even when calibrating. I just tested another Xerun 150A ESC with the same setup and Rx, and it fired up perfectly, beeps and everything.
Maybe I pulled on the old ESC connector too hard when I unplugged it from the Rx? Is there a way to fix or check it ?

Again, thank you very much for your input.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

I meant to say that maybe one of the wires in the ESC connector is loose.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Highside15
I have purchased the Hobbywing sct pro package with 120amp esc and 3656 4000kv sensored motor. Motor and esc were installed in a Losi scte 2.0 sct. Everything seems to work correctly when powering up and going slow except for an occasional hesitation at low rpm but not bad. Once on the track, the setup will overheat the c wire to the point that it un solders itself from the motor within 10 seconds. The first time I hit the strait and give it full throttle. I have tried lowering punch control with usb interface which also seems to work correctly. I have tried spinning motor in a cordless drill and measuring ac voltage between ab ac bc and all of these read the same at about .253v. Not sure what to do, cannot complete a single lap.

I have also set the esc timing to 0 with the programmer box, no change.

I had the SAME problem a few weeks ago. I had run my SCT at Motorama this year, SCT pro and the timing was set at defult (5). I ran through practice, 3 heats, and triple As with no an issue. After 'rama I didn't touch the truck until April for outdoor season. Very first race of the season, ran two practice session and then went to run the first heat and the blue (C) wire kept coming unsoldered... soldered it 5 times during the day, called Hobbywing and talked to them about it. They suggested I lower the timing, which I did, but it still came unsoldered.

As we tried to solder it one more time, the guy sodering it notice the screw that holds the post on the motor was a bit loose. It was able to be tightened almost two full turns. We then soldered it up, I ran a 5000 mAh battery as hard as I could until the battery died and did not have any unsoldering issues. The motor was 136 degrees (17T pinion with 4700kv motor) and the posts were fine.

My advice if you haven't done so... check the screws holding the posts on the motor and make sure they're tight!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Structure26; 05-07-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I just had a weird issue. The capacitor on my 3.1 Stock just exploded after I switched the car on....two pops, like gun shots. I just turned it off and unplugged the battery. I then plugged it back in and turned it on....it works just fine. I didn't even replace the capacitor. I cannot tell that its missing. I've raced 2 days with no cap and I'm in no hurry to pull anything out of the car to replace it. How's that for weird? FYI, running a Hobbywing Bandit 17.5 which is one hell of 17.5!
Old 05-07-2015, 08:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I just bought a couple of Justocks for a few vintage projects I have laying around.

I'm firmiliar with the Speed Passion side of things being I helped develop their line of ESC's while hobbywing was still making them (no idea if they still are, don't care frankly) I know back on the SP side of things we used to have issues running certain kinds of motors with the ESC's so my question...

Has, or is anyone running the Justock with one of those A Main Eco-power 17.5's?

If so are the good together?

Not so much caring about the performance as I am about the green
Old 05-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last weekend I installed a HW v3.1 stock spec esc with a V10 8.5t to race in a sct mod class. The first to qualifiers went great with no issues. However just before the main, the motor began smoking when powered up by the esc. The wiring was hooked up correctly so I am at a total loss for what happened. Since I just bought it a week ago I sent the motor back to HW n.a. To have reviewed under warranty. I haven't heard anything back yet but I am skeptical of getting the motor replaced under warranty since the HW techs will most likely assume I wired it wrong and void the warranty . Super bummed about this and not sure if I'll purchase another V10 motor. What are your thoughts?
Old 05-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey just want to know how to put a Justock Extreme in blinky mode? Do I need to change the software???
Old 05-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neverfixed
Last weekend I installed a HW v3.1 stock spec esc with a V10 8.5t to race in a sct mod class. The first to qualifiers went great with no issues. However just before the main, the motor began smoking when powered up by the esc. The wiring was hooked up correctly so I am at a total loss for what happened. Since I just bought it a week ago I sent the motor back to HW n.a. To have reviewed under warranty. I haven't heard anything back yet but I am skeptical of getting the motor replaced under warranty since the HW techs will most likely assume I wired it wrong and void the warranty . Super bummed about this and not sure if I'll purchase another V10 motor. What are your thoughts?
What did you gear it at?
Old 05-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
What did you gear it at?
The gear box is stock from traxxas and the FDR is 19/90 for a 2wd lcg slash.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.