HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 04-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevy468
Well so far I'm not very impressed with their tech support. Does anyone have a good contact number for them? The only contact info I'm finding is in China..
Falconsekido.com
Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Awesome... Pretty sure the instructions failed to mention plugging in to the fan port... and a Youtube video confirmed it.. LOL.
Im glad things are working out now......
Old 04-17-2015, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys just to make you aware the 150amp xerun has been discontinued and will be replaced with a new unit soon.
There are still xerun 150 amp units on the market for sale and support will continue for this product .

will keep you informed .
Old 04-17-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

For any tech support please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]

or even via mobile +61430009769

regards Angelo
Old 04-17-2015, 04:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks, any hints on what inprovements will be made on the new units?
Old 04-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Does Hobbywing service motors?

Hey guys, a couple weeks ago my Viper VTX-8 went out on me, Viper told me that typically the biggest reason for esc failures is a short in the motor or motor sensor. The motor is a Hobbywing 3656sd that I need to have checked out so I don't fry another ESC. Does Hobbywing provide this service in the states? If so how much do they charge to check a motor out?
Old 04-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by red100076
Hey guys, a couple weeks ago my Viper VTX-8 went out on me, Viper told me that typically the biggest reason for esc failures is a short in the motor or motor sensor. The motor is a Hobbywing 3656sd that I need to have checked out so I don't fry another ESC. Does Hobbywing provide this service in the states? If so how much do they charge to check a motor out?
hi please tell me exactly what the esc is doing or motor and ill tell you whats wrong .
email me at [email protected]

example do you need to kick start the motor to get it to run? Is it cogging ? etc etc.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
hi please tell me exactly what the esc is doing or motor and ill tell you whats wrong .
email me at [email protected]

example do you need to kick start the motor to get it to run? Is it cogging ? etc etc.
I had to kickstart the motor 50% of the time to get it to start. After that it ran just fine with the exception of slight variation of speed at low throttle running in a circle. I guess the added drag would make it "pulse in speed" I replaced the sensor wire and motor and nothing changed.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Can you please tell me if the motor and esc run properly with no kick start when the sensor cable is removed from the motor and esc?
Old 04-17-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Can you please tell me if the motor and esc run properly with no kick start when the sensor cable is removed from the motor and esc?
Unfortunately the Viper VTX-8 is a sensored only ESC. My guess is that the ESC failed as when I got a new motor I had the same problem, then I install a new Tekin RX-8 with the new motor everything is good. I don't want to hook the 3656 up to the new tekin as I don't want to damage it.
I sent you a link to a video I took before I sent the VTX in for repair, and have not heard from Viper as to the official cause of death.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

yes i understand its sensored but what im saying is that it will run with no sensor plugged in and if it does then you have a sensor esc port issue but if it doesnt run and does the same thing with kick start etc then you have damaged one of the phases of the esc .
Old 04-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

yes i understand its sensored but what im saying is that it will run with no sensor plugged in and if it does then you have a sensor esc port issue but if it doesnt run and does the same thing with kick start etc then you have damaged one of the phases of the esc .

I checked it with out a sensor wire and the motor does not move at all even with a kick start. It is my understanding that this normal as the viper esc will not run without a sensor wire. Maybe someone else with more knowledge than I of the the way the VTX-8 works can chime in and let me know if this is the correct. Can I check the phases of the motor with and Ohm meter or volt meter?
Old 04-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

I checked it with out a sensor wire and the motor does not move at all even with a kick start. It is my understanding that this normal as the viper esc will not run without a sensor wire. Maybe someone else with more knowledge than I of the the way the VTX-8 works can chime in and let me know if this is the correct. Can I check the phases of the motor with and Ohm meter or volt meter?
you can use a multimeter in ohms but that will not give you acurate readings see you might get a very low resistance and think the windings are ok but in reality they are not .
The best way is to use a lc meter which measures inductance and if your windings have a large gap example say 1 is 4.59 mh micro henrys and the other winding is say 5.59 mh then thats a large gap which means you have some windings that are shorted .
Old 04-17-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

you can use a multimeter in ohms but that will not give you acurate readings see you might get a very low resistance and think the windings are ok but in reality they are not .
The best way is to use a lc meter which measures inductance and if your windings have a large gap example say 1 is 4.59 mh micro henrys and the other winding is say 5.59 mh then thats a large gap which means you have some windings that are shorted .
I don't own an lc meter but may know someone that does. What is the micro henrys reading of a good motor. What about checking the sensor board? How is that done?

Say I can't find an lc meter. Can I have hobbywing check out the motor for me? Seems like a service they would provide to their customers.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

I don't own an lc meter but may know someone that does. What is the micro henrys reading of a good motor. What about checking the sensor board? How is that done?

Say I can't find an lc meter. Can I have hobbywing check out the motor for me? Seems like a service they would provide to their customers.
falcon sekido should test the motor for you.

To test with lc go actoss phase a to phase b then from phase b to phase c

now the readings should be similar or slightly different not huge like say 4.5 on one and 5.5 on the other if in the same range the windings are ok if not then you have some windings on the higher reading which the insulations has melted broken down etc and the windings are touching .
Old 04-18-2015, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Cobra! i need your expert help please! I have a 150a Xerun problem. went from a single 4cell lipo to two 2 cell lipos, also a new radio. Rebinded the Radio, recalibrated esc, but now I only have steering no motor response. neutral has no light, but reverse and forward both have solid red. Also I get no beeps when I turn esc on. I turned auto calculate off, set the lvc to none just to see if that was the problem. Tried a different reciever. but the problem still persists. No beeps when I plug the batteries in but I get the green light. Then solid red when I push forward or reverse and no motor response but I get servo movement. I tried unplugging the sensor wire and it wont switch to sensorless mode. tried kick starting it, still nothing. I updated to new firmware. Still nothing. Tried different radio, reciever ect. Still nothing. Any ideas? I really dont want to go through the proccess to RMA it. Im always good with my equipment and I this just started out of nowhere. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.