Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default XERUN 80A R RTR

Originally Posted by twisted
xerun 80a-r info ??

I just bought a ofna hyper sse. it came with a xerun 80a-r rtr version and i can not find any info on the esc. I was hoping some one here would have some experience with it.

here are some specs that I got off the side of esc:

BEC- 3amp 5.75 volts (is this enough? will I have brown outs?)

non sensored

it says in the manual that "this esc is plug and play.Programing will void warranty" I called ofna and they said a program box wont work. I have one but I dont want to plug it in and blow it but i would like to program the esc to my liking. will it work?

thanks for any help!
Old thread I know, but did anyone ever find any info on this?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Poor braking performance XERUN v2.1?

Hello, I just bought a Xerun 120a v2.1 esc the other day to replace one that I thought was bad. Long story short, I had a bad sensor cable and the esc wasn't the problem, but the hobbywing is already installed in the car so I was going to try and make it work.

Anyone else had a problem with weak braking performance? I had my old esc set up to 75% brake and dialed it down in my transmitter. The Xerun I have set at 100% with 100% travel in the radio and the brake seems lethargic compared to my old esc. I had a really hard time with the first corner after the strait at our track. I certainly couldn't apply enough brake to slide the rear end of an sc10 around. I don't have the lcd program box to do firmware updates, but I would certainly get one if I thought it would be of any benefit.

It's paired up with a 7.5T OMG sensored motor, which I'm sure is probably manufactured by someone else.

I'm thinking in the short term I'm going to put my OMG esc back in, but i would like to keep the hw for a spare or another vehicle if I can get the performance acceptable.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i am having a problem with one of my Hobbywing ESCs. Its an Xerun V3.1, its in a TLR 22SCT with a Tekin Gen 2 13.5 and a 2s trinity battery, Spektrum radio gear. At first the ESC would not turn off with the button, then when you disconnect the battery and hook it back up the ESC would turn on automatically. I restored the factory settings with no success then upgraded to the V3.2 software, now the ESC turns on and off OK, but it is running like there is no sensor wire hooked up and the light on the button is blinking yellow. I tried rebinding the receiver and resetting the throttle points and sometimes it works OK then goes back to running like there is no sensor wire and really low on power. I have tried mulitple things to remidy this, is the ESC shot?
Old 04-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

This is just a plug for Hobbywing customer service. I live in the LA area, where they are located, and they turned my speedo around in 3 days door to door.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
i am having a problem with one of my Hobbywing ESCs. Its an Xerun V3.1, its in a TLR 22SCT with a Tekin Gen 2 13.5 and a 2s trinity battery, Spektrum radio gear. At first the ESC would not turn off with the button, then when you disconnect the battery and hook it back up the ESC would turn on automatically. I restored the factory settings with no success then upgraded to the V3.2 software, now the ESC turns on and off OK, but it is running like there is no sensor wire hooked up and the light on the button is blinking yellow. I tried rebinding the receiver and resetting the throttle points and sometimes it works OK then goes back to running like there is no sensor wire and really low on power. I have tried mulitple things to remidy this, is the ESC shot?
Got it all figured out, turns out it was a bad sensor board in the motor. I think at this point from what I have seen and experienced I will never buy a Tekin product ever again.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Well so far I'm not very impressed with their tech support. Does anyone have a good contact number for them? The only contact info I'm finding is in China..
Old 04-10-2015, 03:52 PM
psl
Tech Adept

I have been running my 4wd buggy all season. No problems with the esc. I have been running the same gear ratio all season wwithout any problems. Last week in the main about 4 minutes in the esc shut down. I had steering but no motor. The motor was hot. I tried this week at racing and I could go about 4 laps before the esc shut down. I turned it off and back on after it cooled down. It ran for another few laps before shutting down. The motor is hot and I still had steering. It is a 2.1. Is the esc shot?
Old 04-10-2015, 03:55 PM
psl
Tech Adept

The old fan was not working so I put one of my spares on that works. It still shut down.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow IMPORTANT!

Originally Posted by Dirtburner2.0
Hey guys I have a 150a ezrun problem. went from a single 4cell lipo to two 2 cell lipos, also a new radio. Rebinded the Radio, recalibrated esc, but now I only have steering no motor response. neutral has no light, but reverse and forward both have solid red. Also I get no beeps when I turn esc on. Any ideas guys? Have a race coming up and im really stressed out here. Thanks again.
Hey thanks for the quick reply pete. I turned auto calculate off, set the lvc to none just to see if that was the problem. Tried a different reciever. but the problem still persists. No beeps when I plug the batteries in but I get the green light. Then solid red when I push forward or reverse and no motor response but I get servo movement. Am I just missing something simple here?
I tried unplugging the sensor wire and it wont switch to sensorless mode. tried kick starting it, still nothing. Only thing I havnt tried is flashing the esc with new firmware. Could this work? Any suggestions or should I just RMA it?
Any ideas guys? I really dont want to go through the proccess to RMA it. Im always good with my equipment and I this just started out of nowhere. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Any ideas guys? I really dont want to go through the proccess to RMA it. Im always good with my equipment and I this just started out of nowhere. Thanks.

Did you try to reflash the firmware? I also seen a issue once, was hard to troubleshoot, but a customer had a bad solder on a power wire. Looked good he said, be redid all of them and it worked. Just a idea. Its was a new esc he said was bad, it happens but uncommon. And it ended not being bad.

And it was like your problem, his was only half working.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey pete, I did try reflashing firmware by updating the firmware version. Still nothing unfortunately. Is there another way to reflash? what working firmware are you guys using for the xerun 150a. I will re solder the power connectors tonight to see if that will work. Thanks
Old 04-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Make sure you have all plugs carefully plugged into their proper slots in the receiver. It could be the radio, try your old one that previously worked.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I just picked up and installed an EZRun combo with an WP-SC8 esc. It came with the LED program box and I can't seem to get it to work. The directions are pretty clear so I think it may be messed up. I also tried it on a Juststock I have and nothing.

I plug I the RX wire to the correct port and then plug the battery in and wait... nothing.

When I hit the switch on... lines come up so I know they are "talking"...

Going to call and talk on Monday but thought Id post here too..
Old 04-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sounds like the plug is backwards or you are plugging into the wrong plug. Most of the speedos plug into a fan port.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Awesome... Pretty sure the instructions failed to mention plugging in to the fan port... and a Youtube video confirmed it.. LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.