HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 08-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mulepic
Has anyone noticed that the xerun 120 and 60a (maybe the 150 too but haven't tried it), has a delay when you go immediately to full throttle from neutral? If you hold your wheels off the ground and pull full throttle quickly, the tires spin at medium speed for about a half second then full speed. I've tried all the turbo/timing/delay/etc settings w/ the programmer and I cannot get rid of it. It happens w/ both sensored and sensorless motors w/ the 120 and 60a escs. Does anyone know what settings I have to change to get rid of this delay?
Hey I'm having the same problem with my Xerun 60a v2.1. Did you ever find out what the fix was for it?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

What is the best motor esc combo for 1/8th buggy for racing?
I was looking at this
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-combo-m5a.html
Old 09-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dusttt
What is the best motor esc combo for 1/8th buggy for racing?
I was looking at this
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-combo-m5a.html
That will work great. I use almost the same system, the only difference is that I use an 80amp speed control.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulepic
Has anyone noticed that the xerun 120 and 60a (maybe the 150 too but haven't tried it), has a delay when you go immediately to full throttle from neutral? If you hold your wheels off the ground and pull full throttle quickly, the tires spin at medium speed for about a half second then full speed. I've tried all the turbo/timing/delay/etc settings w/ the programmer and I cannot get rid of it. It happens w/ both sensored and sensorless motors w/ the 120 and 60a escs. Does anyone know what settings I have to change to get rid of this delay?

Sorry that doesn't happen with my Xerun 150a esc. Hmm weird
Old 09-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Doesn't happen to my SCT pro either. Try taking all the drag brake out of it.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm about done with the hobbywing ESC's...holy crap these things are a pain. Does anybody know why the ESC would randomly go into reverse while the brakes are applied, even though reverse is locked out? This is on an XERun 150A ESC on 4s.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Overtorqued
I'm about done with the hobbywing ESC's...holy crap these things are a pain. Does anybody know why the ESC would randomly go into reverse while the brakes are applied, even though reverse is locked out? This is on an XERun 150A ESC on 4s.
I beg to differ, they are far from crap. Waaaay better than Castle Mamba Monster system I paid 3x as much for.
Have to you tried a different RX/TX? Is there any power lines radio towers etc that would cause interference around?
Perhaps reverse isn't actually locked out. It amazes me so many people having problems with their esc when I've had mine just shy of a year without a single hiccup and I run 5s/6s. Maybe quality is going down
Idk
To say its crap though an overstatement considering Orion esc is based off the Xerun v3
Old 09-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
I beg to differ, they are far from crap. Waaaay better than Castle Mamba Monster system I paid 3x as much for.
Have to you tried a different RX/TX? Is there any power lines radio towers etc that would cause interference around?
Perhaps reverse isn't actually locked out. It amazes me so many people having problems with their esc when I've had mine just shy of a year without a single hiccup and I run 5s/6s. Maybe quality is going down
Idk
To say its crap though an overstatement considering Orion esc is based off the Xerun v3
First of all, I didn't say they are crap. I said they are a pain. RIF my friend.

I've had absolutely no issues with the Castle system in this car. The HW ESC does the same thing no matter what is changed. The problems follow the ESC. Reverse is indeed locked out, unless the LCD programmer is not telling me the truth.

ETA: Your experience with one ESC doesn't prove that all HW ESC's are reliable. Maybe a lot of people have problems with HW because they actually aren't all that reliable. I know...yours works so everybody with a problem must be doing something wrong. Like I said, I've had no issues with a Castle system in this car or in several other vehicles. But I know that some people have had issues with Castle products.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Overtorqued
have you recal the TX/RX?? that would be the first thing to check and what is the neutral ratio at? are all the settings in the radio neutral when you cal your gear...so many factors come in. How old is it, if its newer, send it in or talk to the company u bought it from and see what can be done if still new. If its not it may have taken a good lick and knocked something outta the whack...for that tho its hard to say
Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
have you recal the TX/RX?? that would be the first thing to check and what is the neutral ratio at? are all the settings in the radio neutral when you cal your gear...so many factors come in. How old is it, if its newer, send it in or talk to the company u bought it from and see what can be done if still new. If its not it may have taken a good lick and knocked something outta the whack...for that tho its hard to say
Thanks for the suggestions. I did recal, which didn't help. I always calibrate with the Tx settings at neutral and EPA's at 100%. This one is almost new. I installed it, then did a test run about 7 minutes long a week ago. All seemed well at that point. I didn't get to race today and lipos were charged up, so I figured I'd run 'em down halfway in the car. That's when the problem started.

It's really weird, when I would get on the brakes hard, it would actually go into reverse and light the tires up. Now that I think about it, it was also randomly applying the brakes while under throttle.

I just haven't had very good luck with HW stuff so far...
Old 09-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

this is my first HW purchase and it was a great buy...very pleased at this point, i have battery issues but hope to have that taken care of now!

you dont happen to have another tx/rx to try by chance? Sounds like an ESC issue but def check with whoever you bought from as i kno HW is hard to get ahold of but i kno there is a guy from HW on here that might be able to help, i think his name is Angelo but not sure on the user name, heard good things about him so maybe he will chime in or check some other HW threads if you cant get ahold of anyone though HW if your vendor cant help...
Old 09-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcboy1
That will work great. I use almost the same system, the only difference is that I use an 80amp speed control.
got a coupon code?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

I've tried hooking up different electronics, but it made no difference. And the Castle system I've been running works fine with the electronics currently in the car. I'm sure it's some obscure problem nobody else has ever had...that's the kind of thing that always happens to me :P
Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt
got a coupon code?
Check out falcon sekido they have great prices and free shipping over $100 bucks.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Angelo goes by the name Cobra Racing on here. You will find him mostly over on the hobbywing thread in the on road forum. He also started most of these hobbywing threads if you wanna pm him.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.