HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 02-17-2015, 11:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Email

Originally Posted by wrutherf
Been running HW for a while.

Recently had issue with 1 of my 3.1 speedo, it dont go to full throttle right away. I have rebound, changed motors, sensor wires, receivers, etc. Everything to narrow it to the speedo.

Set to No Timing, blinks as it should (red). (I know when sensor wire/board is bad, the light changes color)

When give it full throttle on radio it runs about 50% for about 1-2s before it "kicks in" to full throttle.

I have reloaded firmware as well - still no change...

Any ideas?

I have also contacted FalconSEKIDO for RMA, havent heard anything back yet.
Did you contact [email protected] for support?
Old 02-18-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Can anyone tell me a good gear ratio for a SCT PRO on a dirt track? using 4000 KV and I'm getting a bit of a sluggish run. Appreciate the help.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96
Yep, you just move that blue plug to one side or the other for 5 or 6 volts. Super easy BEC to use. I had a Castle 10amp BEC and you have to have the castle link to adjust it. So i sold it when i found the Hobbywing UBEC. Goodluck and i hope it solves your problem like it did mine.
U the man.. It fixed it
Old 02-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default rotors

Sorry if this has been discussed already. I'm new to Hobbywing. I own the newest Xerun 120A V3.1 ESC. I have been running in a stock class Custom Works oval late model class indoors on concrete that is very similar to carpet for traction. We have stock blinky 21.5 motors for our spec racing. I am going to order the Hobbywing V10 21.5 motor and am looking for suggested rotors for higher torque coming off of the turn. I'm running a 21.5 Thunder Power now and I'm maxxing out on RPM at about 10,500. It free spins at 15,500.
I want to go all Hobbywing for my ESC and motor. As much as my dark side wants to install the Bandit Version, my good side won't let me. So any advice is appreciated. I have a gauss meter, and a SkyRC motor analyzer to help me tune into the sweet spot on the end bell timing. But any suggestions for a starting spot is happily taken too.

Thanks guys.
Jimmy McGuire
Old 02-21-2015, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is there anyone on this thread from Hobbywing?? I would REALLY appreciate some help here??
I was sold a 5.5 combo with a 60 amp speedcontrol that has never worked from the box. The seal was intact when I got it and not really understanding brushless at the time I knew no better. I've tried the place I bought it, I've put several posts on here and I've sent emails to Hobbywing and no one wants to know me!
Can someone please get back to me??

Originally Posted by Foggy
Yep agreed, 5.5 is way to big for 60amp and that was my first thought when I got it, but I bought them in a combo deal and the packs seal was not broken!! Tried it with smaller motor and same thing! Batteries are 100 plus c rating and no gearing on it at all!!

Just really disappointing, the place I got it from doesn't want to know me and Hobbywing never returned my email re this problem!!
Old 02-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Is there anyone on this thread from Hobbywing?? I would REALLY appreciate some help here??
I was sold a 5.5 combo with a 60 amp speedcontrol that has never worked from the box. The seal was intact when I got it and not really understanding brushless at the time I knew no better. I've tried the place I bought it, I've put several posts on here and I've sent emails to Hobbywing and no one wants to know me!
What email are you using?

Heres how to return it for service.

http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/rma
Old 02-21-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Fineousfingers
Sorry if this has been discussed already. I'm new to Hobbywing. I own the newest Xerun 120A V3.1 ESC. I have been running in a stock class Custom Works oval late model class indoors on concrete that is very similar to carpet for traction. We have stock blinky 21.5 motors for our spec racing. I am going to order the Hobbywing V10 21.5 motor and am looking for suggested rotors for higher torque coming off of the turn. I'm running a 21.5 Thunder Power now and I'm maxxing out on RPM at about 10,500. It free spins at 15,500.
I want to go all Hobbywing for my ESC and motor. As much as my dark side wants to install the Bandit Version, my good side won't let me. So any advice is appreciated. I have a gauss meter, and a SkyRC motor analyzer to help me tune into the sweet spot on the end bell timing. But any suggestions for a starting spot is happily taken too.

Thanks guys.
Jimmy McGuire

Hi Jimmy

I will let one of the Team guys answer this for you.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by FastPete
Hi Jimmy

I will let one of the Team guys answer this for you.
Thanks FastPete. I have my finger on the trigger ready to pull. Just want to get everything at once. save on shipping and time. I'll wait for the team guys.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

On the 150 amp esc in a ebuggy with a tekin 1700kv is it ok to run the esc with the settings out of the box.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kyok2
On the 150 amp esc in a ebuggy with a tekin 1700kv is it ok to run the esc with the settings out of the box.
I would take it off auto calculate and pick your number of cells. And start off at 0-10deg timing and go from there.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
I would take it off auto calculate and pick your number of cells. And start off at 0-10deg timing and go from there.
Ok thanks. I need to order a program box. Where is the best place to get one.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bartman42
U the man.. It fixed it
Glad i could help cause it took me 2 months to figure it out. Keep the rubber side down and when in doubt throttle out!!!
Old 02-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Default PDF Printout

So yes, I'm an idiot... when I'm in the computer, tuning my ESC through the Program box on my 120A 3.1, and then go to file and print, I get it to print - yay, fine. But when I look at it, it has Andy Moore's info on the top personalized section, and some race he was in. I've looked all over. I've clicked all over. I've turned my lap top upside down to see if there was a secret button on the bottom. I cannot - find - the - secret to inserting my name and race information into the top section on the PDF file. All of my settings and changes do show up as I have them, just not the top section. So, go ahead and get all of the smack talk going, and help a guy out. Thanks everyone!

Jimmy
Old 02-22-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fineousfingers
So yes, I'm an idiot... when I'm in the computer, tuning my ESC through the Program box on my 120A 3.1, and then go to file and print, I get it to print - yay, fine. But when I look at it, it has Andy Moore's info on the top personalized section, and some race he was in. I've looked all over. I've clicked all over. I've turned my lap top upside down to see if there was a secret button on the bottom. I cannot - find - the - secret to inserting my name and race information into the top section on the PDF file. All of my settings and changes do show up as I have them, just not the top section. So, go ahead and get all of the smack talk going, and help a guy out. Thanks everyone!

Jimmy
Good Grief... I went back in and clicked on Printer Setup and there it was. Yes, I am an idiot... lol... But there is no dirt option on track type to choose. Seems odd...
Old 02-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

HI
I was just curious, what car you using? What's the sca also, when you visit that website to try to send in your ESC to HOBBYWING, send the form to [email protected].
That support link will definitely reply to you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.