HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 01-24-2015, 01:42 AM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC_Kustoms_21
I have a Novak Ballistic 8.5t brushless motor and theres something wrong with it. it will start spinning for about 3 seconds and stop then my esc blinks red and I can spin the rotor while I hit the throttle and it will start spinning again im not sure wats wrong didn't know if someone on here could help me with advise please..?
It's the sensor board in the sxx it is a common problem and there is an upgrade board from lrp called the mod/stock upgrade board..Had the same thing happen to mine.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I have what I believe to be a common issue with the SCT Pro ESC, running the 4000kv Corr motor sensored, it won't run, red and green led's on ESC come up, sensorless it's fine. Have tried multiple sensor cables short and long. Should I be looking to the esc or motor as a fault? Out of warranty so RMA not an option Real pain at racing Fri night, missed both quals but managed to limp the finals in sensorless mode.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

my 150a esc stop responding in my 1/8 on 4s,the esc only has 6 batts through it,red light blinks and no power to my servo,rec,transponder..Imsure its the bec..I plugged in rec pack and now the esc and all electronics work..If I get a sepparate bec will this fix my problem? I really dont want to send it in for repair because the DNC IS COMING and I need it for a backup esc..Funny how everyone says the bec is fine in these esc's but yet,some have problems?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
my 150a esc stop responding in my 1/8 on 4s,the esc only has 6 batts through it,red light blinks and no power to my servo,rec,transponder..Imsure its the bec..I plugged in rec pack and now the esc and all electronics work..If I get a sepparate bec will this fix my problem? I really dont want to send it in for repair because the DNC IS COMING and I need it for a backup esc..Funny how everyone says the bec is fine in these esc's but yet,some have problems?
Yes an external bec should work for you.http://www.falconsekido.com/products/ubec-10a
Old 01-26-2015, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Yes an external bec should work for you.http://www.falconsekido.com/products/ubec-10a
I got it to work with a bec..I want to send it in for repair but Not sure on the turn around? I will buy another for a backup for the DNC
Old 01-27-2015, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I have a HW 3.1 stock spec and when I plug it in the red light flashes on the speedo but I have no throttle. The servo works fine but I can't get the speedo to power off with out un plugging it. Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 01-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrhenning11
I have a HW 3.1 stock spec and when I plug it in the red light flashes on the speedo but I have no throttle. The servo works fine but I can't get the speedo to power off with out un plugging it. Any ideas?
Thanks
Did you calibrate the end points? Neutral, for, rev? Might want to try it again.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Thats the problem, I can't do anything. It won't let me calibrate or even turn it off after I power it on. The red light just blinks. I have tried to plug it into the box and plugging it into the pc.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Thats the problem, I can't do anything. It won't let me calibrate or even turn it off after I power it on. The red light just blinks. I have tried to plug it into the box and plugging it into the pc.

Thanks
Have you tried a different receiver???
idbdoug
Old 01-27-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks
I had a customer that had a bad connection to a bullet, to much flux and was acting similar. Check all connections.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Thanks

Thanks
I had the same issue with mine. I posted the question a few pages back. I ended up sending it back to HWNA..

I tried to troubleshoot the esc by changing RXs, trying a different ESC RX & Batt connectors, different motor, different Batt, etc. Next time you turn it on spin the rear wheels by hand and then hit the throttle on your radio. If you get throttle then it could be a bad esc capacitor; I didn't try replacing it.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

I'd like to do some bearing maintenance on my 4700kv. Aside from removing the screws, do the ends pull straight off or is there any kind of twisting involved?
Old 01-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Recently got a HW JustStock club spec speedo with a buggy I got off eBay. Which program box do I need in order to make program changes? Also, the website shows the lowest turn motor to run with it as 11.5. The buggy cam with a HW V10 10.5. Has anyone had experience with pushing the speedo to the lower turn motor.

My guess is the motor and speedo have not been ran together because the speedo doesn't have any battery connections on it and the wires don't look like they have been soldered to anything before. My guess is the guy just installed them to sell the buggy.

Never ran HW before so looking for some input.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arknabbit
I'd like to do some bearing maintenance on my 4700kv. Aside from removing the screws, do the ends pull straight off or is there any kind of twisting involved?
Just pulls straight out. You can also twist then out. Its a smooth bore inside.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riverbluff
Recently got a HW JustStock club spec speedo with a buggy I got off eBay. Which program box do I need in order to make program changes? Also, the website shows the lowest turn motor to run with it as 11.5. The buggy cam with a HW V10 10.5. Has anyone had experience with pushing the speedo to the lower turn motor.

My guess is the motor and speedo have not been ran together because the speedo doesn't have any battery connections on it and the wires don't look like they have been soldered to anything before. My guess is the guy just installed them to sell the buggy.

Never ran HW before so looking for some input.

Thanks.
You will be good with the 10.5 I wouldn't go any higher then that though for offroad use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.