Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 01-22-2015, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
if your talking about the xerun 150 then yes I've changed out all the wires on mine.
Yes the 150a esc. You using 10 wag wires? I plan changing them to 12awg
Old 01-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi, iam trying to download the usb link software and iam having trouble. Iam using firefox browser and followed all instructions. I can get the software to download but a window pops up saying "this device can not be opened".

When i pug in the 2 in 1 program box and esc there are no options to open on the hobbywing software. I have tried deleting and re downloading. I even tried it on another browser.

Any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

P.s. i have the xerun 90 amp esc ver 2.1 that i want to change to blinky mode.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Justock Club Spec Esc problem

Folks
Just installed brand new Esc and motor. Believe it is wired properly. The Esc is not making any noises or LEDs lit.
Powered the receiver with receiver pack, fan operates and blinking green Led. Double blink.
This is my first HW product, sort of disappointed.

Any ideas?
Thank you.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyba888
Yes the 150a esc. You using 10 wag wires? I plan changing them to 12awg
I used 12awg on my ecar with a tekin gen2 1900
Old 01-23-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MartinB
Folks
Just installed brand new Esc and motor. Believe it is wired properly. The Esc is not making any noises or LEDs lit.
Powered the receiver with receiver pack, fan operates and blinking green Led. Double blink.
This is my first HW product, sort of disappointed.

Any ideas?
Thank you.
Did you hook up a battery yet? Did you calibrate the speedo to your radio yet?
Old 01-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Answer to Slotmachine

I tried to connect up the radio. The lipo is connected. No lights or noise from the esc. I used a receiver lipo battery on the receiver to make sure the receiver and radio are bound. With the receiver battery on the receiver, the steering servo works and there is a green light on the esc blinking (double blink I think).
But using the instructions on the button on the on off switch and the switch. Nothing. Tried with the receiver battery but that did not work either.

I will try topping the lipo tonight and recheck the connections.

Generally I am successful with other brands.

Thank you for your help.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I tried to connect up the radio. The lipo is connected. No lights or noise from the esc. I used a receiver lipo battery on the receiver to make sure the receiver and radio are bound. With the receiver battery on the receiver, the steering servo works and there is a green light on the esc blinking (double blink I think).
But using the instructions on the button on the on off switch and the switch. Nothing. Tried with the receiver battery but that did not work either.

Thank you for your help.
If you are certain that the tx/rx are bound, remove the receiver battery, plug the ESC (3wire) into CH2 (observe polarity), plug good charged lipo into the battery wires of the ESC and try turning on. You should get atleast the fan spinning. If that happens, try the calibration procedure for your ESC (not sure which one you have).

If your receiver doesn't light up try to measure the voltage coming from the 3wire ESC, it should be close to (6V)
Old 01-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default response to Brew 99

Brew

Thanks for reading my message.
I am using a Justock Club Spec ESC.

I believe the RXTX are bound. The steering works like it should.

I have been using the throttle port on my Spectrum receiver.

With the rx battery the fan did run so I assume current is flowing somewhere.

I will check the voltage and top the battery this evening.

Thank you for your help
Old 01-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

my 150a 1/8 esc stopped working,it comes on but flashes red and there is no power to the servo /rec/transponder? Did the bec take a dump? On my next one,should I run a sepperate bec? Im disappointed but I dont want to give up on the brand..I have 6 battery packs through it
Old 01-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default brushless problem

I have a Novak Ballistic 8.5t brushless motor and theres something wrong with it. it will start spinning for about 3 seconds and stop then my esc blinks red and I can spin the rotor while I hit the throttle and it will start spinning again im not sure wats wrong didn't know if someone on here could help me with advise please..?
Old 01-23-2015, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC_Kustoms_21
I have a Novak Ballistic 8.5t brushless motor and theres something wrong with it. it will start spinning for about 3 seconds and stop then my esc blinks red and I can spin the rotor while I hit the throttle and it will start spinning again im not sure wats wrong didn't know if someone on here could help me with advise please..?
What ESC? Did you try a new sensor cable?
Old 01-23-2015, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Thank you for your help.
I can't say for certain but I don't think your supposed to back feed power through the ESC with a receiver pack.probably damaged the bec by doing this.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Its a LRP sxx ver.2 ESC and after the motor spins for a second or 2 the esc starts blinking red and doesn't work im not sure wats going on I just switched to electric cause nitro is just a hassle and this happens lol.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Xxxntwv

Wow, sounds like a fairly Damagable Esc. The green led still flashes with rx pack attached. So maybe the bec is not damaged.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by MartinB; 01-23-2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Add word
Old 01-23-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Wow, sounds like a fairly Damagable Esc. The green led still flashes with rx pack attached. So maybe the bec is not damaged.

Thanks for the info.
When you back feed the power with a receiver battery the ESC doesn't depend on the bec for power.try it and see if it works with the receiver battery hooked up and your main battery.any time you run an external bec which is what your basically doing with the receiver pack your supposed to disconnect the red wire from the ESC receiver plug.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.