HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 01-19-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freezeframe007
I am running the scpro 120a in my sct also. I am having an issue right now with the power intermmitently dropping during a race and recovering after a 2-4 seconds. This thing only has about 5 or 6 race days on it. I am trying to figure it out myself. I just updated the firmware on the esc today. I also went in and lowered the default lvc to 3.0 as was suggested by someone. Someone else suggested I turn off the lvc and run it a few times and then turn it back on. Another suggestion was to run it without the sensor wire. If that cured the issue get a short sensor wire and install it instead. Something about an issue with excessive noise caused by the stock sensor wire. I plan on running it first chance I get with the lvc @ 3.0 and the new firmware and go from there. I will post anything useful if I get some positive results.
I would be willing to bet its just the LVC report back
Old 01-19-2015, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Boostgod
Sctpro 120a with 550 novak motor. Esc is pooched.

Today at the track my truck was cogging and dying. I threw out a perfectly good sensor cable since that was what I thought the problem was. After replacing the sensor wires twice the problem was still happening. In addition my motor didn't seem to be running at full power.

So then I was almost sure my older ballistic 4.5t 550 motor was the problem. Maybe the sensor board was fried in it. So when I got home I completely disassembled the motor looking for any signs of wear, or corrosion or damage to the sensor board. The motor looked mint.

I decided to put in another almost new motor that A fellow racer lent me. It did the same thing. Tried a third new sensor cable. Same thing. Hmmm... So that eliminates the motor.

Then I decided to set my Esc to the default settings. Didn't change anything so I updated the firmware. Still no love.

So all in all I think my almost new SCTPRO bit the dust. Anybody know the RMA process? Is it a biatch? What a pain in the butt.

Benjamin
I know you said you tried sensor cables, but I seen it time and time again. Make sure on both ends it pushed in all the way, it can look like it is but is not.

Also more details. Is this a new ESC? Did it run good before? Did you try to lower the LVC to 3.0?

Otherwise here you go http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/rma
Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FastPete
I would be willing to bet its just the LVC report back
What exactly do you mean by "LVC report back?"
Old 01-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Check/Change the ESC's Low Voltage Cutoff setting and then report back on here if it resolved the issue...
Old 01-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

For those of you suffering from premature LVC cutoff with the SCTPro.

With my SCTPro, as well as three buds I race with, all running the same ESC, we all ended up setting our cutoff at 2.6v/cell. Truck comes off the track at around 3.5v/cell if you run it all the way down - or if you run an 7min main with some practice

Just keep an eye on the voltage. Wouldn't want to go lower than 3.5v/cell when it shuts down. Also, could possibly get different results based on your firmware? Not sure. Lower by .1v and keep checking.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Also, love the program box, but the battery voltage reading is all over the place. We have three program boxes in our group, and they all give a different reading. It is fine to see if your battery is charged, but the accuracy is questionable.

Check your voltage with your charger, or some other device.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default LVC on SCT Pro

Originally Posted by rcus3r
For those of you suffering from premature LVC cutoff with the SCTPro.

With my SCTPro, as well as three buds I race with, all running the same ESC, we all ended up setting our cutoff at 2.6v/cell. Truck comes off the track at around 3.5v/cell if you run it all the way down - or if you run an 7min main with some practice

Just keep an eye on the voltage. Wouldn't want to go lower than 3.5v/cell when it shuts down. Also, could possibly get different results based on your firmware? Not sure. Lower by .1v and keep checking.
I personally ran the LVC at 2.8 to 2.6 Volts per cell myself. I know this seems low but what is really happening is the SCT is watching the pack voltage and under heavy load your pack voltage will sag below this voltage for a brief moment triggering the LVC. Some ESCs will not trigger the cutoff unless the pack stays under that cutoff voltage for a given time. I like the fact that the SCT pro is actually keep this close of a watch on the pack voltage and feel this is a good thing over a bad thing.

I have found my packs to also be at very safe levels at the end of a run or at LVC cutoff even with these lower voltage settings.

Good Luck!

Alan
Old 01-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
I know you said you tried sensor cables, but I seen it time and time again. Make sure on both ends it pushed in all the way, it can look like it is but is not.

Also more details. Is this a new ESC? Did it run good before? Did you try to lower the LVC to 3.0?

Otherwise here you go http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/rma
Yep, lvc is at 3.0
Bought it new. But it's around 4-5 months old.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freezeframe007
I just wish someone from Hobbywing would jump on here and provide some expert advice to expedite the resolution and reduce the aggrivation.
These types of issues can be very frustrating, and it might feel as though you aren't getting a direct answer, but many of these issues have variables that cannot be answered directly, and we (users on here) and Angelo (HW) will try suggesting thing to help you out.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JFuel11
I personally ran the LVC at 2.8 to 2.6 Volts per cell myself. I know this seems low but what is really happening is the SCT is watching the pack voltage and under heavy load your pack voltage will sag below this voltage for a brief moment triggering the LVC. Some ESCs will not trigger the cutoff unless the pack stays under that cutoff voltage for a given time. I like the fact that the SCT pro is actually keep this close of a watch on the pack voltage and feel this is a good thing over a bad thing.

I have found my packs to also be at very safe levels at the end of a run or at LVC cutoff even with these lower voltage settings.

Good Luck!

Alan
+1000
Old 01-19-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brew99
These types of issues can be very frustrating, and it might feel as though you aren't getting a direct answer, but many of these issues have variables that cannot be answered directly, and we (users on here) and Angelo (HW) will try suggesting thing to help you out.
Thank you and I will keep that in mind. There have been a few people putting out some good info regarding this issue over the past couple days. Now, I have a plan of attack that I can impliment in a step-by-step manner. I hope this will resolve my problem. If so, I will be sure and post my findings for others that may need the information.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Just want to say to the ones that don't know me-us. I am a Certified Hobbywing dealer. And been helping on here for the last year or so.

I want to help everyone and our customers. I try to get on here every day.

But don't be frustrated, I know its hard. Theres some great team drivers on here regularly, myself, and members that love to help. And if you have to, feel free to PM me, email, call. And will do the best to solve your issue. I don't know everything and never will claim to, but I know where to go to get any answer need be.

Just wanted to put that out there. Theres tons of support for this great brand.

Pete
Old 01-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if the Xerun Hobbywing SCT Pro and 4700k combo are roar approved? I want to use it to race at the cactus classic.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vulcanbomber
Can anyone tell me if the Xerun Hobbywing SCT Pro and 4700k combo are roar approved? I want to use it to race at the cactus classic.
I just looked and did not see any Hobbywing motors on the ROAR approved list for SC4WD.
Paul
Old 01-19-2015, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
you are supposed to hook into the fan port not the receiver plug.
I didn't think the 150a esc had a separate fan port. I have the blue xerun 150a esc in my 8.2e buggy. It looks like the only port is for the motor sensor wire. The other two wires are hardwired in through the case and are for the power switch and rx connection. Someone told me I needed to connect the program box into the rx on that model esc. I haven't tried it yet though. I have the sc pro installed in my sct and it does have a fan wire/port and that is how I did it in that one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.