Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 12-26-2014, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xyzracer
Is it normal to have to unplug the battery to get the esc to shut off after updating using the program box and computer software or am I doing something wrong?
Yes that's ok. I do the same .
Old 12-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 2 in 1 Professional Program Box

Hello guys, I am new to the electric scene but I have been running 1/8th scale nitro for a few years. I heard great things about XERUN150A and decide to give it a shot. So far I am loving electric! But I have 2 questions that I need some help on:

1) 2 in 1 Professional Program Box, is this version to old to be updated?
I got it from a friend, tried updating it (via Windows 7), and I thought I had it,... but when I plug it into the ESC it says it needs to be updated.

2) What causes the motor to be very jumpy/jerky and loud?
If you pull the throttle a little it the motor shaft starts to jerk forward and backward without making a full revolution. I pulled the sensor wire off the motor and put it back on with no luck. I have to un-glue the ESC to check that connection, but I feel it shouldn't of moved.

Any help with these two things will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

How critical is the fan on a HW XERUN v3.1 using for 17.5 and for mild mods. Looing to put in a TLR SCT 22 2.0. The fan doesnt fit when in Rear motor configuration if mounted under the waterfall...
Old 12-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by impson
How critical is the fan on a HW XERUN v3.1 using for 17.5 and for mild mods. Looing to put in a TLR SCT 22 2.0. The fan doesnt fit when in Rear motor configuration if mounted under the waterfall...
You shouldn't need it in that SCT. I run 7.5t mod in my 22 SCT and don't need the fan. Of course you should always check temps though.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

I have been running hobbywing justock Escs in 4 cars with zero problems for about 3 months. Today I had someone rear end my b5 and push 2 motor wires together. Immediately I noticed it cogging and I went and grabbed it off the track. I rebuilt motor, tried a new motor, 4 sensor wires, and I get the same result now. Esc acts like a locked rotor and the car will not move unless pushed. Esc works flawlessly sensorless, even smooth start ups with no sensor wire on a 17.5. With out a sensor wire the esc doesn't take advantage of mechanical timing so it is much slower so I cannot even consider driving without it.
Is this a common problem? What can I do to fix this problem?
I do have another justock that I reverse voltaged.
Can either of these be sent in for repair and if so about how much would I expect to pay for out of warranty costs?

I know these are relatively inexpensive but I just hate the thought of tossing these out if it could be an easy fix.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake ts
I have been running hobbywing justock Escs in 4 cars with zero problems for about 3 months. Today I had someone rear end my b5 and push 2 motor wires together. Immediately I noticed it cogging and I went and grabbed it off the track. I rebuilt motor, tried a new motor, 4 sensor wires, and I get the same result now. Esc acts like a locked rotor and the car will not move unless pushed. Esc works flawlessly sensorless, even smooth start ups with no sensor wire on a 17.5. With out a sensor wire the esc doesn't take advantage of mechanical timing so it is much slower so I cannot even consider driving without it.
Is this a common problem? What can I do to fix this problem?
I do have another justock that I reverse voltaged.
Can either of these be sent in for repair and if so about how much would I expect to pay for out of warranty costs?

I know these are relatively inexpensive but I just hate the thought of tossing these out if it could be an easy fix.
Both can be fixed. I have had the same thing happen to me. I'm sure when you got rear ended it shorted out the ESC and burnt up a phase. Send an email to [email protected] and they will help you out with a RMA number and more then likely give you a price on what it will cost to have them.

http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/re...dise-procedure
Old 12-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been running HW for a couple of years; just hooked up a brand new V3.1 and everything seems to work fine (brand new car and don't have wheels on it, but when I hooked it up, I got forward throttle). Anyway, was going through the setup using the older 2 in 1 professional program box, but I switched the firmware to the V3 version so I could use it on my V3.1. When I was upgrading the firmware on the ESC from the "factory" 3.1 version to the 3.2 beta version, I got a "fail" error on the computer, and now the ESC won't connect to the 2 in 1 professional program box or even turn off using the button-I have to unplug it from the battery for it to turn off. Additionally, I get no throttle when I turn it on (still no tires--just a quick test). Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevin1991
I've been running HW for a couple of years; just hooked up a brand new V3.1 and everything seems to work fine (brand new car and don't have wheels on it, but when I hooked it up, I got forward throttle). Anyway, was going through the setup using the older 2 in 1 professional program box, but I switched the firmware to the V3 version so I could use it on my V3.1. When I was upgrading the firmware on the ESC from the "factory" 3.1 version to the 3.2 beta version, I got a "fail" error on the computer, and now the ESC won't connect to the 2 in 1 professional program box or even turn off using the button-I have to unplug it from the battery for it to turn off. Additionally, I get no throttle when I turn it on (still no tires--just a quick test). Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Is it the 3.1 stock version? There were a few that wouldn't take a firmware update and need to be sent back to
Old 12-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looking for assistance.
I have the new HW 120 amp V3.1 ESC and can not get alot of brakes out of it, just using it for 17.5 right now.
Setting is all done under zero timing mode, with brake strength at 100, forward brake only mode.
I have tried recalibrating neutral/throttle/brake on transmitter with same results. all EPA on radio are set at 100.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by regets ama
Looking for assistance.
I have the new HW 120 amp V3.1 ESC and can not get alot of brakes out of it, just using it for 17.5 right now.
Setting is all done under zero timing mode, with brake strength at 100, forward brake only mode.
I have tried recalibrating neutral/throttle/brake on transmitter with same results. all EPA on radio are set at 100.
That's weird, I usually have great brakes on my v3.1s what motor are you running? Also a trick on the justock or v2.1 models while in blinky mode was to also set your reverse force to 100. Even when not in use it seemed to help the brakes. I'm not sire if that will work on the v3.1 though.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

yes, my just stock gets more brakes when increasing the reverse amount, i tried that too on the v3.1 but didnt help.

the motor is a 17,5 team scream which i get alot of brake when i use it with my old tekin esc
Old 12-28-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by regets ama
yes, my just stock gets more brakes when increasing the reverse amount, i tried that too on the v3.1 but didnt help.

the motor is a 17,5 team scream which i get alot of brake when i use it with my old tekin esc
You should have 2 brake adjustments on the 3.1. Initial brake and second brake force, try turning up you initial brake and see what that does for you.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Will it work?

I'm thinking about buying the QUICRUN 08 ESC DUAL BRUSHED I have a 7.4v 2s Lipo Battery, will this work??? :/
Old 12-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just tried to program my Neewer ESC/550 4 pole motor combo with the hobbywing program card(version 2). It did power the card.....But it would NOT enter a program mode. It would only show a constant series of hash marks(dashes) in the displays. I did try my speed passion card as well; wouldn't even power up. So, unfortunately, I am now hoping that a Neewer card will work. I say hopefully because the pictures of the cards online are not identifying themselves as "Neewer" brand; they look generic. At least now we know.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ive been running the 3.1 version of the firmware. I see there is a 3.2 available. Whats the difference or improvements in the 3.2.

Just a glance it looked like the rpm range was removed from the boost section....but was still there for the turbo.

Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.