Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 11-25-2014, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im running the sct pro. I had a couple of problems with it over the weekend at our gravy race. Now this was all of a sudden this happened. I came down off our step up and over shoot a tad bit. It has a hard right, angled hip jump then you hit the loop at the bottom of the step up..I was working on how fast can i actually take this in my hot laps before my heat. All of a sudden it has really bad turbo lag. Its not consistent during the heat. Ive ran this for about 6 months in E buggy with zero problems. First thing i thought was LV. ran back to my table and yanked the lid, it had the red and orange led blinking, check the voltage it was at 16.5 Turned it off and then back on and milked it out in the heat. It dose not act like LV, it acts like turbo lag in a car. Did it three more times in the heat but the led's were not flashing. I looked for a chart on the led signals but couldn't find one. This thing has ran like a champ for the whole time ive had it, cant complain. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-25-2014, 05:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
Im running the sct pro. I had a couple of problems with it over the weekend at our gravy race. Now this was all of a sudden this happened. I came down off our step up and over shoot a tad bit. It has a hard right, angled hip jump then you hit the loop at the bottom of the step up..I was working on how fast can i actually take this in my hot laps before my heat. All of a sudden it has really bad turbo lag. Its not consistent during the heat. Ive ran this for about 6 months in E buggy with zero problems. First thing i thought was LV. ran back to my table and yanked the lid, it had the red and orange led blinking, check the voltage it was at 16.5 Turned it off and then back on and milked it out in the heat. It dose not act like LV, it acts like turbo lag in a car. Did it three more times in the heat but the led's were not flashing. I looked for a chart on the led signals but couldn't find one. This thing has ran like a champ for the whole time ive had it, cant complain. Anyone have any ideas?
Did you check and try a different sensor wire? For sure could have came loose. I had one the other day looked like it was plugged in, and still wasn't making a good connection.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroargi
Hello all,

I have been running ORCA electronics for the last couple of years and I am thinking of making the switch to HW. Has anyone done the same?

How do the two compare in terms of smoothiness/power? Are the HW easy to adjust with the program card?

How good are the V10 motors in terms of linear power and durability?

Thank you in advance
V10 motors are smooth with tons of power when called upon.
Hobbywing speedos are easy to adjust with the program cards and very user friendly. Everyone tells me that these are some of the smoothest systems they've tried.
You can get a really great deal at Falconsekido.com and the units have a 6 month warranty too!
Paul
Old 11-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 18A combo ESC Issue

I am new to the 1/18 cars but not to RC, that being said I have an issue with my brand new 18A combo...

I have a new venom 2000 7.4v lipo hooked up to my 18A Hobbywing ESC and a Specktrum receiver. When I turn on the esc switch there is no power however the heat sink on the esc gets hot.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are all your wires hooked up properly?
Old 11-25-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, all wires are hooked up correctly, the battery is freshly charged. Last night I turned it on and it worked, this morning I turned it on and nothing, just the heat sink getting warm. No beeps, leds, nothing.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

which software for "MOD" for the v2.1?

Old 11-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
which software for "MOD" for the v2.1?

What motor ? I believe the 930mod is the one u want......but the 930stock is worth a try if u want to run boost . I am currently running it with an 8.5 in my 22-4 and it prov8des plenty of power .
i just want to say how good these are !!! I have had o few of 60 amp 2.1 esc for about 3 year now at least and they have been absolutely faultless and i believe i have pushed them way beyond what they should do !!!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For those that use a sensor wire... I put a very small dab so shoe goo on the esc and motor end. I guess one could use silicone caulk. Problem solved.... No loose sensor wires...
Old 11-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If your looking at getting into hw nows the time to do it,Black Friday sale at amainhobbies is going on all week.get yourself some good electronics and save some coin in the process.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
For those that use a sensor wire... I put a very small dab so shoe goo on the esc and motor end. I guess one could use silicone caulk. Problem solved.... No loose sensor wires...
+1
Old 11-26-2014, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FastPete
Did you check and try a different sensor wire? For sure could have came loose. I had one the other day looked like it was plugged in, and still wasn't making a good connection.
I kept the same sensor wire, just swapped to my backup sct pro esc before the main. sensor wire was good. Ive had sensor wires go bad on me before. its very weird how they act, almost a unique tell that a sensor wire is bad.
Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
I Tape in the sensor wire. Once around the ESC with electrical tape, never came out
Old 11-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

for those looking for more hobbywing gear, fiercercsolutions is having a black friday sale on there stuff.

Anyone know how compatible programming boxes are between Speed Passion Reventon and Hobbywing items, say the just stock? may get another ESC just to use for blinky, and if the hobbywing stuff works with the Reventon box, may get one for my USGT car.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

quick question: i just upgraded my HW software to the 3.4 and also updated my esc when i noticed the sub settings for boost are gone... was this done on purpose? or am i doing something wrong?
Old 11-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
quick question: i just upgraded my HW software to the 3.4 and also updated my esc when i noticed the sub settings for boost are gone... was this done on purpose? or am i doing something wrong?
What firmware did you update too? If you updated to the blinky firmware 508_No_Timing then the boost and turbo settings will be gone. Also what ESC is this on?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.