Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree180Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the help everyone. I thought it would be like the sc8, my dumb mistake. I got it now.

Originally Posted by lewis110 View Post
I believe the 150amp esc still uses the wire you plug into the receiver. The v3 and SCT pro uses the fan port on the esc.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
So is there a way to reset the LCD Progam Box?

I think I bricked mine with a firmware update....

When I connect it to teh PC it just shows Squares....
I didn't see any response to this but I have a 2 in 1 box that does the same thing.

Anyone have a solution?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I posted in a different thread but it looks like this may have been the right one...

This evening I ran my brand new HW ESC for the first time. This is an XERUN 150amp ESC on 4s. I ran for about 4 or 5 minutes on the track, then I just lost throttle completely like it hit the voltage cut. Turns out, it wasn't the low voltage cut though.

I tried two freshly charged batteries, and had no throttle. Just a blinking red LED on the ESC at first. I checked all my tx settings, checked throttle signal, checked wiring, checked ESC settings..all good. Eventually, the blinking went away and I just had a solid red LED on the ESC. After that, I found that the motor would run, seemingly fine, until I let off the throttle and let it stop. At this point, there would be no LED lit on the ESC. Then when I pulled the trigger, it would not run the motor again and the solid red LED came back on. I was able to 'push start' the car, then it would run fine again.

This was pretty repeatable. Push start, run fine, stop, no throttle response. Push start, and repeat. This was all with a Tacon 2000kv 1/8 motor by the way, in an RC8.2e with stock spur and 18t pinion. After the first run, the motor and ESC temps were reasonable...I forgot my temp gun at home but I could easily hold my fingers on either indefinitely. When I got home, I tried a Castle motor to see if the problem would persist, and it did. So the problem is definitely with the ESC I think.

Any ideas? If it's bad, what's the best way to get it replaced?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
I didn't see any response to this but I have a 2 in 1 box that does the same thing.

Anyone have a solution?
One of the other guys posted a fix.

Just manually force it down to the program box again and mine was ok.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Falcon sekido can help you guys out.
Also I will try my best to help u guys out just pm me.
team driver Cale Rockey
hobbywing Canada
Old 08-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone have a solution?
You have to hook the program box back up to the computer and redownload the filmware into the lcd program box. Flash it twice just to make sure its downloaded properly.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is HOBBYPOWER and LEPARD. Made in the HOBBYWING factory
They both look the same
???????
Thankyoy
Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lewis110 View Post
You have to hook the program box back up to the computer and redownload the filmware into the lcd program box. Flash it twice just to make sure its downloaded properly.
I've tried that several times with no luck. The programmer still just shows boxes on the LCD. I'll get a shot today on a different computer.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Overtorqued View Post
I posted in a different thread but it looks like this may have been the right one...

This evening I ran my brand new HW ESC for the first time. This is an XERUN 150amp ESC on 4s. I ran for about 4 or 5 minutes on the track, then I just lost throttle completely like it hit the voltage cut. Turns out, it wasn't the low voltage cut though.

I tried two freshly charged batteries, and had no throttle. Just a blinking red LED on the ESC at first. I checked all my tx settings, checked throttle signal, checked wiring, checked ESC settings..all good. Eventually, the blinking went away and I just had a solid red LED on the ESC. After that, I found that the motor would run, seemingly fine, until I let off the throttle and let it stop. At this point, there would be no LED lit on the ESC. Then when I pulled the trigger, it would not run the motor again and the solid red LED came back on. I was able to 'push start' the car, then it would run fine again.

This was pretty repeatable. Push start, run fine, stop, no throttle response. Push start, and repeat. This was all with a Tacon 2000kv 1/8 motor by the way, in an RC8.2e with stock spur and 18t pinion. After the first run, the motor and ESC temps were reasonable...I forgot my temp gun at home but I could easily hold my fingers on either indefinitely. When I got home, I tried a Castle motor to see if the problem would persist, and it did. So the problem is definitely with the ESC I think.

Any ideas? If it's bad, what's the best way to get it replaced?
Is the motor sensored? If so, check your sensor wire.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SureShotImages View Post
Is the motor sensored? If so, check your sensor wire.
It's sensorless.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

is there a place in the US to buy a xerun sensor wire? or is the wire generic and can find a sensor wire somewhere? mine just got ate up unfortunately.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonasm48 View Post
is there a place in the US to buy a xerun sensor wire? or is the wire generic and can find a sensor wire somewhere? mine just got ate up unfortunately.
You can run any sensor wire that you have if need be.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

www.falconsekido.com
www.teamcrc.com
Old 08-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

I've tried that several times with no luck. The programmer still just shows boxes on the LCD. I'll get a shot today on a different computer.

Just to clarify you are plugging just the program box in and reflashing just the box?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

hey guys im going to throw a extreme stock on my losi 22 buggy do i need to run the fan?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.