HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 09-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 7ac0ma
So I just wired up my V3.1 and I ran it for a 1/2 a pack. It ran very well without any issues. I went to set everything up with the USB link V3.43 on my computer and it said I had a Beta software update. So after updating the firmware on my Multifunction LCD Program Box I proceeded to update the software on the ESC. The update failed and now the V3.1 powers on, but will not respond to anything. No throttle, no Program Box Connection, No PC Connection, NO POWER OFF.... Nothing. I disconnect the battery to the ESC and then it'll obviously power down. Without anything connected but the battery, I still get the same results... PLEASE HELP!!!!????????
There were some isolated instances where when the firmware was updated, this happened. HWNA will take good care of you but you have to send the ESC back for repair. They will handle this promptly. Sorry it happened. Follow the link.

http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/rma
Old 09-22-2014, 12:07 PM
sac
Tech Regular

I have a HW Extreme stock esc and i am trying to change some settings in the esc manually thru the set button on the switch.It won't allow me to get in the programming mode,it goes into the calibration setting only.Tried the LED HW programming card and that doesn't work either .It just displays dashes in the display box.In the instruction it does say some thing about if the esc has the 15 programmable setting software that they LED box won't work .But it should still allow manual programming,and it doesn't.
On HW website it shows the LCD programmer with all their combo sets for the extreme stock esc.So does that mean that only the LCD programmer will work? I have programmed many esc and this one has just got me stumped.

The esc works fine ,just doesn't won't allow me to change settings.
And as most of you know getting tech help from HobbyWing/Falconseikido USA is email only if your lucky,no direct phone support .

Sac
Old 09-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sac
I have a HW Extreme stock esc and i am trying to change some settings in the esc manually thru the set button on the switch.It won't allow me to get in the programming mode,it goes into the calibration setting only.Tried the LED HW programming card and that doesn't work either .It just displays dashes in the display box.In the instruction it does say some thing about if the esc has the 15 programmable setting software that they LED box won't work .But it should still allow manual programming,and it doesn't.
On HW website it shows the LCD programmer with all their combo sets for the extreme stock esc.So does that mean that only the LCD programmer will work? I have programmed many esc and this one has just got me stumped.

The esc works fine ,just doesn't won't allow me to change settings.
And as most of you know getting tech help from HobbyWing/Falconseikido USA is email only if your lucky,no direct phone support .

Sac
Sac

So for the manual way your following this?

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/010...e_ESC.pdf?1727

Now the Product description lists the LCD only. But the instructions say both. I will find out or can someone clarify.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

LCD only works with xtreme stock esc. I asked for the instructions to be corrected.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Tried to upgrade my Hobbywing 3.1 ESC with the latest beta firmware. The process failed, and now my ESC will turn on, but will not turn off (have to pull the battery). The LED is solid red. Steering works, but no throttle. Program box will not connect to ESC.

What are my options?

Failed firmware upgrade is never a good thing...

I have a SCT Pro I had no problems upgrading.

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
LCD only works with xtreme stock esc. I asked for the instructions to be corrected.
The LED box will only work if you are running the 508 blinky firmware. With any boosted firmware you will be the LCD box. Its the best 20 bucks you can buy..

I'm also pretty sure you can't use the program button with the boosted firmware. Also if its going into calibration mode you're not holding the set button down long enough. That's if you can use the button lol
Old 09-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcus3r
Tried to upgrade my Hobbywing 3.1 ESC with the latest beta firmware. The process failed, and now my ESC will turn on, but will not turn off (have to pull the battery). The LED is solid red. Steering works, but no throttle. Program box will not connect to ESC.

What are my options?

Failed firmware upgrade is never a good thing...

I have a SCT Pro I had no problems upgrading.

Thanks.
There were some isolated instances where when the firmware was updated, this happened. HWNA will take good care of you but you have to send the ESC back for repair. They will handle this promptly. Sorry it happened. Follow the link.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I got my justock esc working ok or so i thought. i turned the car on yesterday and it was good and punchy from the get go. after about 5 min when i hit the throttle it goes slow for about 3 or 4 seconds and then takes off. any ideas why?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Reduce Lipo Cutoff voltage

Originally Posted by djbowen1
I got my justock esc working ok or so i thought. i turned the car on yesterday and it was good and punchy from the get go. after about 5 min when i hit the throttle it goes slow for about 3 or 4 seconds and then takes off. any ideas why?
Try turning down your lipo cutoff voltage. I run min at 3.0v per cell on most and on heavy load applications I run it at 2.8v per cell. I have never had an issue with over discharging the lipo because when I hit cut-off at these settings the non-load voltage of the packs after a run are still in a very safe zone.

Good Luck!
Old 09-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FastPete

Thanks. Figured there isn't much I can do.

RMA process initiated.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Silly question. What is a recommended heat sink for use with the sensored Xerun SC motors? With the ribbing, almost none fit. I'm currently running part of one that I dremeled short enough to go on between the motor mount and the fins, but I'd love to know of one that will also go between the fins themselves to properly cool that end of the motor too.

Alternatively, would the non-sensored version's can, which appears to be a smooth can, be something I could get as a replacement part and put on in place of the current finned can?
Old 09-23-2014, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
Silly question. What is a recommended heat sink for use with the sensored Xerun SC motors? With the ribbing, almost none fit. I'm currently running part of one that I dremeled short enough to go on between the motor mount and the fins, but I'd love to know of one that will also go between the fins themselves to properly cool that end of the motor too.

Alternatively, would the non-sensored version's can, which appears to be a smooth can, be something I could get as a replacement part and put on in place of the current finned can?
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2340

These fans blow a ton of air. And the way it mounts fits perfect on the short course motors.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lewis110
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2340

These fans blow a ton of air. And the way it mounts fits perfect on the short course motors.
Thanks for the link. I saw those, but I'm trying to find something that won't require a fan to do significant cooling. On all my other non-HW motors I use the AE Long Fin heat sinks and they work quite well in SCs.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet

You should not need a heat sink on the 4 pole SC motors. If your motor is getting above 150 then you are most likely geared too high, I have been running these motors in a heavy SCT410 and never have overheating issues.
Paul
Old 09-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
You should not need a heat sink on the 4 pole SC motors. If your motor is getting above 150 then you are most likely geared too high, I have been running these motors in a heavy SCT410 and never have overheating issues.
Paul
EBuggy lite. Gearing is fine, matching the SC, but far less airflow so need a better heat sink than the finned can. I also like to keep motors down in the 135 range when possible, which these should be able to do with heat sinks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.