Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree196Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 09-07-2014, 04:53 PM
  #7651  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,823
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mr jim
I have recalibrated like you said but still, nothing. This car is brand new so shoudnt be anything worng with it
Could be a bad receiver

Originally Posted by FastPete
No worries, but if I understand correct this is in the right place. I don't believe the V3.1 120A works well with 4 poles. The SCT Pro is the one that works well with 4 pole motors. Am I correct Slotmachine?
Yes.....correct!
Slotmachine is offline  
Old 09-07-2014, 05:50 PM
  #7652  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 21
Default

Can the 90 amp 2.1v esc handle a 6.5t Tacon sensored ?
Eagl97 is offline  
Old 09-07-2014, 05:59 PM
  #7653  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
FastPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orland Park IL
Posts: 5,311
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Eagl97
Can the 90 amp 2.1v esc handle a 6.5t Tacon sensored ?
This is what I found. Im not familiar with that brand motor.

With 2 Lipo or 4-6 NiMH
1/10 on-road: >=5.5T
1/10 off-road: >=8.5T

With 3 Lipo or 7-9 NiMH
1/10 on-road: >=10.5T
1/10 off-road: >=17.5T
FastPete is offline  
Old 09-07-2014, 06:04 PM
  #7654  
Tech Master
iTrader: (93)
 
DriveItLikeYSIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,337
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FastPete
Strange could use some shoe goo (might be a mess to get out), or I think Exceed makes some real sticky gum for cleaning I heard nitro guys use to keep wires in the receiver.

But don't understand why you have to do that. Just checked mine and its snug. Maybe send a email to Falcon Sekido and see what they say.
I tried emailing cobra racing a few days ago but I'll try emailing falcon sekido. I'm using my sct pro ESC with a 4pole motor. Does anyone know if the sct pro will work with a 2 pole HW V10 motor ?
DriveItLikeYSIT is offline  
Old 09-07-2014, 06:08 PM
  #7655  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by FastPete
This is what I found. Im not familiar with that brand motor.

With 2 Lipo or 4-6 NiMH
1/10 on-road: >=5.5T
1/10 off-road: >=8.5T

With 3 Lipo or 7-9 NiMH
1/10 on-road: >=10.5T
1/10 off-road: >=17.5T
Ok thanks, Tacon is sold at Hobbypartz.com with Hobbywing products
Eagl97 is offline  
Old 09-07-2014, 06:09 PM
  #7656  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
FastPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orland Park IL
Posts: 5,311
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
I tried emailing cobra racing a few days ago but I'll try emailing falcon sekido. I'm using my sct pro ESC with a 4pole motor. Does anyone know if the sct pro will work with a 2 pole HW V10 motor ?
Yes it should.
FastPete is offline  
Old 09-07-2014, 07:10 PM
  #7657  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 78
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default problem??

I am running a Losi SCTE 4x4 1.0 with a Xerun SCT Pro speed control with a Tekin Pro4 4600kv motor. It is geared with a 40T spur/13T pinion. My battery is a CRC Rocket Fuel 7100 mah/90c. As of late the speed control has been blinking green/red simultaneously even after one lap. The truck has yet to shutdown and keeps running even though the speed control is blinking the green and red the whole time. The motor has been coming off at an average 145 degrees and the speed control was 107 degrees. Can anybody diagnose this for me? This is a new problem as the truck has run just fine.
gmslash is offline  
Old 09-07-2014, 07:27 PM
  #7658  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,823
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mr jim
I have recalibrated like you said but still, nothing. This car is brand new so shoudnt be anything worng with it
Did you reverse the throttle on the radio settings?
Paul
Slotmachine is offline  
Old 09-07-2014, 07:30 PM
  #7659  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,823
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
I tried emailing cobra racing a few days ago but I'll try emailing falcon sekido. I'm using my sct pro ESC with a 4pole motor. Does anyone know if the sct pro will work with a 2 pole HW V10 motor ?
Yes it will run it.
Paul
Originally Posted by gmslash
I am running a Losi SCTE 4x4 1.0 with a Xerun SCT Pro speed control with a Tekin Pro4 4600kv motor. It is geared with a 40T spur/13T pinion. My battery is a CRC Rocket Fuel 7100 mah/90c. As of late the speed control has been blinking green/red simultaneously even after one lap. The truck has yet to shutdown and keeps running even though the speed control is blinking the green and red the whole time. The motor has been coming off at an average 145 degrees and the speed control was 107 degrees. Can anybody diagnose this for me? This is a new problem as the truck has run just fine.
Sounds like a sensor issue, try a new sensor wire first.
Paul
Slotmachine is offline  
Old 09-07-2014, 07:44 PM
  #7660  
Tech Adept
 
jmkalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 163
Default

SCT Pro fan crapped out today. Speedo still works fine, although without the fan, I thermaled out.

Verified it is indeed the fan itself by swapping fans with another esc.

Does anyone have a source for a replacement, or a part number to search? **** Nevermind, found it, thanks anyhow. ****

Last edited by jmkalt; 09-07-2014 at 10:14 PM.
jmkalt is offline  
Old 09-08-2014, 05:57 AM
  #7661  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Tanis103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I had two guys at my track ask me would it be worth sending in their ESC 1S that they hooked up backwards for repair. They both popped so they need to be repaired or throw away. What do you guys think it would cost?

Thanks,
Tanis103 is offline  
Old 09-08-2014, 06:30 AM
  #7662  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
FastPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orland Park IL
Posts: 5,311
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tanis103
I had two guys at my track ask me would it be worth sending in their ESC 1S that they hooked up backwards for repair. They both popped so they need to be repaired or throw away. What do you guys think it would cost?

Thanks,
I would email FalconSekido and ask.
FastPete is offline  
Old 09-08-2014, 03:19 PM
  #7663  
Tech Apprentice
 
hesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: either track or bar
Posts: 92
Default

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
What firmware are you using?
Should be current, it updated about 4 weeks ago, was no updates available 2 weeks ago when i checked.
hesh is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 02:31 PM
  #7664  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Biggest Little City in the World
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

quick question? I just got a nib SCT Pro ESC replacement from warranty. What is the most current firmware that should be installed. When i look at the update one is a beta and the other i cant find in the list on the download tab. My truck isnt as fast as it should be. It feels the same as it did when i was running the SC8 from my basher as a back up.
NvDesertRat96 is offline  
Old 09-09-2014, 03:12 PM
  #7665  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
FastPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orland Park IL
Posts: 5,311
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96
quick question? I just got a nib SCT Pro ESC replacement from warranty. What is the most current firmware that should be installed. When i look at the update one is a beta and the other i cant find in the list on the download tab. My truck isnt as fast as it should be. It feels the same as it did when i was running the SC8 from my basher as a back up.
2013-11-30
database version:130814
FastPete is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.