HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 09-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
Hi Wade,

The LVC could be kicking in. Check what its set at. Typically I run mine at 2.8-3.0
Thank you, I will try that!!
Old 09-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Recalibrate the ESC to the radio.
Hi, have tried that, but still the motor wont run
Old 09-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr jim
Hi, have tried that, but still the motor wont run
Try a different sensor wire.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Is there an update for the program box
Old 09-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WadexInducTion
Hey guys,

I am running a HW Xerun v3.1 with a LRP X20 6.5T, and a few times during a 5 minute race, if I try to grab full throttle going down the straight or to hit a triple, the power is intermittent. 95% percent of the race my car will not have a problem clearing the triple, but 1 or 2 laps I notice I will hit full throttle and the car just doesn't seem to go. Have there been any issues with these ESC's doing that? Or is there a setting I need to adjust?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,

Wade
Try to turn down the timing on the motor itself. That speedo stays in sensor mode all the time and the high timing could be confusing it.

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
Is there an update for the program box
I think there was one last month, plug it in and try to update it. Make sure to update the HW Software first.
Paul
Old 09-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default compatibility?

hello everyone been following the forum for quite some time but this is my first post. please go gentle on me in case I'm not doing something right or posting in the right spot...I have a quick question because I burned up my LRP speed controller today..I also have a Hobbywing xerun 120 amp...my question is will this speed controller work OK with a 4 pole schuur speed 4300..I know for a fact that my LRP would not work with a Hobbywing motor but I wonder if it would work okay the other way around?thanks in advance guys...now I see that I definitely did not post this in the correct spot I am sorry I will try and figure out how to move it to the correct place
Old 09-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ssjjbb11
hello everyone been following the forum for quite some time but this is my first post. please go gentle on me in case I'm not doing something right or posting in the right spot...I have a quick question because I burned up my LRP speed controller today..I also have a Hobbywing xerun 120 amp...my question is will this speed controller work OK with a 4 pole schuur speed 4300..I know for a fact that my LRP would not work with a Hobbywing motor but I wonder if it would work okay the other way around?thanks in advance guys...now I see that I definitely did not post this in the correct spot I am sorry I will try and figure out how to move it to the correct place
No worries, but if I understand correct this is in the right place. I don't believe the V3.1 120A works well with 4 poles. The SCT Pro is the one that works well with 4 pole motors. Am I correct Slotmachine?

Last edited by FastPete; 09-05-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
If your not getting power to the fan or program box then you should send it in. Go to FalconSEKIDO.com and get an rma request filled out and send it in.
Paul
This is about what I figured but thanks so much for confirming for me. I sent out the ESC today so fingers crossed.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Try a different sensor wire.
thanks for the help, but i still cant seem to get it going. Although when i try to recalibrate it, it does jerk forward a couple of times.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr jim
thanks for the help, but i still cant seem to get it going. Although when i try to recalibrate it, it does jerk forward a couple of times.
I would recalibrate again. When you calibrating make sure when you push the esc button you are at full throttle position and same for brake.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cliffhanger
I would recalibrate again. When you calibrating make sure when you push the esc button make you are at full throttle position and same for brake.
I have recalibrated like you said but still, nothing. This car is brand new so shoudnt be anything worng with it
Old 09-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, i have been having some issues with my sct-pro setup in my tekno. Sometimes the truck will move on its own, other times it will lock up and go zooming off. I tried a new servo, ran fine for 3 races then came back. Swapped out receiver, ran fine for 2 races and came back. Dropped pinion size, ran fine for 4 races and came back. The top of my caps look like they may have split? I have only got to run it 5 club nights and 1 weekend event. My setup is a tekno sct-410, sct-pro/4700, smc7200, spektrum 6040, spektrum dx3. Any ideas or insight would be appreciated.
Edit: highest temps i had seen after 6 min was 146 esc, 137 motor, 109 battery.

Last edited by hesh; 09-07-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Added temps
Old 09-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hesh
Well, i have been having some issues with my sct-pro setup in my tekno. Sometimes the truck will move on its own, other times it will lock up and go zooming off. I tried a new servo, ran fine for 3 races then came back. Swapped out receiver, ran fine for 2 races and came back. Dropped pinion size, ran fine for 4 races and came back. The top of my caps look like they may have split? I have only got to run it 5 club nights and 1 weekend event. My setup is a tekno sct-410, sct-pro/4700, smc7200, spektrum 6040, spektrum dx3. Any ideas or insight would be appreciated.
Edit: highest temps i had seen after 6 min was 146 esc, 137 motor, 109 battery.
What firmware are you using?
Old 09-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I've recently installed a new HW SCT pro esc in SCT and the sensor wire won't stay in the esc slot. That is, the wire is very loose or comes out of the esc with very little resistance. I've tried the HW sensor wire as well as a few other brands and still have the same issue. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it are appreciated.

Also, is there any way to tell if the esc / motor is running in sensorless mode instead of sensored?
Old 09-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
I've recently installed a new HW SCT pro esc in SCT and the sensor wire won't stay in the esc slot. That is, the wire is very loose or comes out of the esc with very little resistance. I've tried the HW sensor wire as well as a few other brands and still have the same issue. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it are appreciated.

Also, is there any way to tell if the esc / motor is running in sensorless mode instead of sensored?
Strange could use some shoe goo (might be a mess to get out), or I think Exceed makes some real sticky gum for cleaning I heard nitro guys use to keep wires in the receiver.

But don't understand why you have to do that. Just checked mine and its snug. Maybe send a email to Falcon Sekido and see what they say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.