Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree69Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Reply

Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 AM
  #61  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
SuperEk4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 10,333
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I ran sc8 with 3s no problem. 150amp n 80amp I run 4s to 6s no problem.
SuperEk4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:06 PM
  #62  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grand Portage, MN
Posts: 1,369
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

cross post from the hobbywing 80A/150A thread

Here an interesting problem I have been having as of late.

I have have the 150A and 2250 setup in my converted Hyper 8

Weight at 8.5lbs With battery tires and body

I am on my second year with this setup and last year it was great our track was more of a top soil track with med to low traction so more wheel spin and the sort. I was running 46/12 on 4s and the ESC ran cool and the motor never got over 150


This year we topped the track with a mix of topsoil and clay. a bunch more traction but still lots of wheel spin and soft area's The tack got a bit tighter in the infield but our 110' straight now has a banked corner which we can take at full speed making it more like 160'

I am now geared 46/11 on 4s and the motor in 5 min is getting over 180 and the esc is 150 with a fan. when I broke my fan it thermal shutdown after 7 min

The bats are hotter too.

I have the following ESC Settings

Punch 7
Timing 0
Brake force 50%
CCW
Forward/brake


did I go the wrong way with the gearing or is the track just that grippy. Now I do take the car very easily in the infield as to not over drive the car. I'm only using short bursts and those bursts were only half throttle


I cannot find much in the way of smaller than 10T mod1 pinions so not too much difference there.

I do clean out the motor every month and if the bearing are at all gritty I replace them with AVID ones.
jdeadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:10 PM
  #63  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys. What is the top of the line 1/10 offroad esc u guys make? Also it will be for mod and programming would be nice. Looking for a cheaper alternative for a back up esc. Who knows might love it and become my new esc. Thanks
P.s. I run lrp and would like something with about that feel if u guys make it
mist467 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 PM
  #64  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jdeadman View Post
cross post from the hobbywing 80A/150A thread

Here an interesting problem I have been having as of late.

I have have the 150A and 2250 setup in my converted Hyper 8

Weight at 8.5lbs With battery tires and body

I am on my second year with this setup and last year it was great our track was more of a top soil track with med to low traction so more wheel spin and the sort. I was running 46/12 on 4s and the ESC ran cool and the motor never got over 150


This year we topped the track with a mix of topsoil and clay. a bunch more traction but still lots of wheel spin and soft area's The tack got a bit tighter in the infield but our 110' straight now has a banked corner which we can take at full speed making it more like 160'

I am now geared 46/11 on 4s and the motor in 5 min is getting over 180 and the esc is 150 with a fan. when I broke my fan it thermal shutdown after 7 min

The bats are hotter too.

I have the following ESC Settings

Punch 7
Timing 0
Brake force 50%
CCW
Forward/brake


did I go the wrong way with the gearing or is the track just that grippy. Now I do take the car very easily in the infield as to not over drive the car. I'm only using short bursts and those bursts were only half throttle


I cannot find much in the way of smaller than 10T mod1 pinions so not too much difference there.

I do clean out the motor every month and if the bearing are at all gritty I replace them with AVID ones.
Moving from 11T to 10T is 10% which is not insignificant. I would try the 10T and see if that solve your problem. But first I would take the pinion off the motor and make sure the car rolls freely to ensure there is no binding issue you developed over time causing the motor to run hot.
mulepic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:14 AM
  #65  
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default


programbox


speedo

I hooked up my programbox with the usb cable to the PC and the software found these versions.
Do I have the latest versions now installed?

but with these versions I cannot change the settings of the boost start rpm and Boost Timing ACC




do I run the correct and latest version for my 1/10 offroad SC10 4x4 truck with a sensorles 3800kv 4-pole motor?

Iff not. which versions do I need

thank you
murky123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:35 AM
  #66  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grand Portage, MN
Posts: 1,369
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
Moving from 11T to 10T is 10% which is not insignificant. I would try the 10T and see if that solve your problem. But first I would take the pinion off the motor and make sure the car rolls freely to ensure there is no binding issue you developed over time causing the motor to run hot.
I have done the removing pinion and it goes no problem Since the motor is over a year old and has been run hot I am wondering if the magnet is just getting tired and might need to be replaced
jdeadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:13 AM
  #67  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,345
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jdeadman View Post
I have done the removing pinion and it goes no problem Since the motor is over a year old and has been run hot I am wondering if the magnet is just getting tired and might need to be replaced
Is there anyway to clean the motor out and make sure the bearings run smooth. I've had endbell bearings go out b/c I didn't know to clean them. A bearing on its way out will certainly over heat things.
mulepic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:25 PM
  #68  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Willow Spring, NC
Posts: 485
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

how long should this set up last?
HPI blitz with a 88t spur and a 18 pinion ezrun 60amp 8.5 motor timing on 3.75 punch on level 4. Can i bump up my punch and my timing and still make a 10 min main on a 5000MAH 2s lipo?
whatthefuggy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:34 PM
  #69  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grand Portage, MN
Posts: 1,369
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
Is there anyway to clean the motor out and make sure the bearings run smooth. I've had endbell bearings go out b/c I didn't know to clean them. A bearing on its way out will certainly over heat things.
I replace mine every month and I just did it last week
jdeadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:47 AM
  #70  
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

Originally Posted by murky123 View Post

programbox


speedo

I hooked up my programbox with the usb cable to the PC and the software found these versions.
Do I have the latest versions now installed?

but with these versions I cannot change the settings of the boost start rpm and Boost Timing ACC




do I run the correct and latest version for my 1/10 offroad SC10 4x4 truck with a sensorles 3800kv 4-pole motor?

Iff not. which versions do I need

thank you
I guess my question was overlooked. so here it is again.
murky123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:20 PM
  #71  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 15
Default Murky

Looks like you got the latest version based on Hobbywing's website. You may try to give a little more info about what you are trying to do and the problems you are having, more details will probably get you answers. There is a PDF file with additional information on their website which might help you. I know often times the translation between two languages sometimes gets things mucked up. Is your PC seeing the USB devise? What operating system are you using? Give as much info as you can.

Sorry I can't help more, but I was looking at what others were saying about these ESC's; I run Nitro right now and am looking to go electric soon, so I aint going to be much help here.

CC
CarolinaChuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:32 PM
  #72  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Sussex, England
Posts: 26
Default

Love all my EZruns but the on off switch broke on my SC8 ESC. Does anyone know where I can order another?

Thanks
dopeydog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 AM
  #73  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Sussex, England
Posts: 26
Default

Please could someone direct me towards another on off switch for my SC8. It is very frustrating not having it as it makes it very hard to program.
dopeydog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 AM
  #74  
Aoh
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 425
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dopeydog View Post
Please could someone direct me towards another on off switch for my SC8. It is very frustrating not having it as it makes it very hard to program.
from what i can tell between my escs, u could use the switch off a novak esc
Aoh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:05 AM
  #75  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Sussex, England
Posts: 26
Default

Aoh, thanks, I just had a look on ebay and couldn't find any switches that look like they would work. Could you please direct me towards a switch or tell me the model of your ESC? That was I could email novak and ask if I could buy one. Thanks.
dopeydog is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service