Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 08-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

The motor works fine with my other esc, yes i calibrated the esc to the radio as well as the radio to the receiver... tried different everything. The radio is a 4pks i took the receiver out of my car which still works, i have steering with the hobbywing. I literally have tried everything different. So i posted here.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hobbywing Software

Ive been trying to download or update my version of the software to the latest version but cannot, anyone else having this problem? and anyone know where i can get the latest version?
Old 08-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NiteCap2k
Ive been trying to download or update my version of the software to the latest version but cannot, anyone else having this problem? and anyone know where i can get the latest version?
I am having the same problem.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Tried calibrating one of the other esc with the radio so u can see if it's the radio?
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Hobbywing does try their best to check items before they are shipped to customers. I know you dont want to hear it but it sounds a lot like a Radio or Receiver issue. Maybe if you could try another receiver. I know you said you tried 2 radios already. If you have a buddy that is willing to try to hook the unit up to their radio just to make sure.
Paul Rush
HWNA
Team Driver
I thank you guys. I will double check and see if the ABS is on. It might be!
I will check it again today with my Spektrum radio. I know the radios Im using are good. Ive used all other electronics and the truck and everythings fine.
HW has been great and more than happy to work with me to solve this issue. I cant understand whats going on with this one. I have tried changing motors, servos, batteries and it doesnt mke a difference. Its like the set button isnt working. I have tried removing the rubber seal/cover to make sure its not getting in the way of the button or switch. I was told through email that all replacement units are tested before shipping. If thats the case I would love to know what radio theyre using. Ill buy one! But all my other Hobbywings caliberate to both the radios I used the other day.
Im so frustrated!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
I thank you guys. I will double check and see if the ABS is on. It might be!
I will check it again today with my Spektrum radio. I know the radios Im using are good. Ive used all other electronics and the truck and everythings fine.
HW has been great and more than happy to work with me to solve this issue. I cant understand whats going on with this one. I have tried changing motors, servos, batteries and it doesnt mke a difference. Its like the set button isnt working. I have tried removing the rubber seal/cover to make sure its not getting in the way of the button or switch. I was told through email that all replacement units are tested before shipping. If thats the case I would love to know what radio theyre using. Ill buy one! But all my other Hobbywings caliberate to both the radios I used the other day.
Im so frustrated!
I understand your frustration. ....but we dont have your unit in front of us to check out so we cant see what is going on. I would even be willing to try to hook your unit up to my radio if I you sent it to me.
Maybe a video close up of everything mounted up with it showing your steps to try to resolve this issue.
I just thought of 1 more thing....if your receiver wire is the black one, make sure its plugged in properly.
Paul
Old 08-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm willing to bet that Angelo's fingers are powered through a hobbywing setup. I e-mailed him about his v3.1 settings manual and it literally took just seconds for him to reply!

I call that a little boost and a lot of turbo! You don't get that service anywhere else I tell you!

Thanks Angelo!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jcmgroom
Hobbywing 1800kv motor with the installed bullet connectors.. what size bullet connectors are installed from the factory? Want to match with ESC and don't want to order the wrong size..

Thanks
Does nobody not know the answer to this question..?
Old 08-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jcmgroom
Does nobody not know the answer to this question..?
I personally wouldn't use bullets to connect the motor to the esc. Just solder the motor wires direct to the esc or vice versa.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Is there a known tablet that can run the hobbywing program?
Old 08-03-2014, 08:41 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys my sct pro runs abit then the thro
ttle dies then next sec it kicks in again do you think that I would need a bec to be install
Old 08-04-2014, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

can someone tell me the difference between the 3656 and the 3656SD motors ?
Old 08-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Continuing from my prob about it shutting down I installed a different cap and if I touch the steering directly after turning it on it will die.
If I wait a little I can then turn the steering a few times then it dies
I have then tested a cap in the RX and that seems to work. but I still can't touch the steering directly after turning it on.
Power hungry servo?
or is the BEC gone in the ESC which to me it seems like.

Any other thoughts?
Old 08-04-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TheMuffinman
Hey guys my sct pro runs abit then the thro
ttle dies then next sec it kicks in again do you think that I would need a bec to be install
When the throttle dies do you lose steering as well? If not then it's not a bec problem. If so, then I'd install an external. Fwiw, I install externals on all my speed controls.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dirtraycer
can someone tell me the difference between the 3656 and the 3656SD motors ?
3656 is sensorless, 3656SD is sensored
Old 08-04-2014, 07:24 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well it cut for a few sec I still got steering but no throttle till it kick in again then I have full throttle does same thing again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.