HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-10-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah123
Own 2 stock spec speed controls and considering a Just Stock for a 17.5 buggy. Any reason not to go with a Just Stock? Will be running blinky mode. Assuming I can set drag brake,etc with the HW Program Box. Thanks
Anyone?
Old 06-10-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Anyone?
Good choice and yes you can set the DB.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FastPete
Good choice and yes you can set the DB.
Thank you sir. If one of our local racers was not a dealer, you would be getting my business.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Thank you sir. If one of our local racers was not a dealer, you would be getting my business.
Your welcome , and I understand.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Thumbs up Fastpete fiercercsolutions.com #1

I wanna thank you Fastpete for the help!
I didnt even buy it from him and he got me hooked up directly w prompt help! That says alot about Pete and fiercercsoultions.com ! I know where Im buying my next ESC! Customer service is worth so much And after multipal attempts to find help this guy pms me outta no where without me contacting him and get me fixed up quick!
Old 06-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hello everybody,

Since a few sessions I've had a little problem with my hobbbywing xtrem stock esc (with a 13.5t combo). Completely randomly, it dies ... no floashing lights, sound , throtle and brakes are dead but the steering works fine. No drag either, totaly dead even if I push the car around . Switch off/on and it works back again.
I first though the batteries are dead but they were at 7.4v and today it did after two laps with brand new batteries and cold ! Again switch on and off and it works again.
My conclusion at the moment is software problem but i've never updated or interfered with it ...
Any idea ?

thank you

Jonathan
Old 06-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shannow
Hello everybody,

Since a few sessions I've had a little problem with my hobbbywing xtrem stock esc (with a 13.5t combo). Completely randomly, it dies ... no floashing lights, sound , throtle and brakes are dead but the steering works fine. No drag either, totaly dead even if I push the car around . Switch off/on and it works back again.
I first though the batteries are dead but they were at 7.4v and today it did after two laps with brand new batteries and cold ! Again switch on and off and it works again.
My conclusion at the moment is software problem but i've never updated or interfered with it ...
Any idea ?

thank you

Jonathan
Hi Jonathan

I would try to lower the LVC first to 2.8 and see if it improves. And start with a fully charged battery.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Can't try this before next week but I doubt it will solve my problem because yesterday I had LVC 3.2v but the pack was fully charged when it died (litteraly 2 laps of a small inside track).
Switch off/on and then it work perfectly for the next 1/2h on the same pack and the next pack had no issue (same brand of batteries).

Thank you

Jonathan
Old 06-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Can't try this before next week but I doubt it will solve my problem because yesterday I had LVC 3.2v but the pack was fully charged when it died (litteraly 2 laps of a small inside track).
Switch off/on and then it work perfectly for the next 1/2h on the same pack and the next pack had no issue (same brand of batteries).

Thank you

Jonathan
You definitely will want to lower you lvc, even if that doesn't fix the issue. This way you will be able to use the full capacity of the pack
Old 06-11-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hello everybody,

Any idea ?

thank you

Jonathan
I've seen this happen due to a bad sensor wire or bad sensor board on the motor. Maybe try one of those also to see if it fixes it...?
Old 06-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the ideas.

I've just charged back my batteries and the charger indicates me that I charged 3600mah for a 4000mah pack. That's 90% so I'm pretty good with the lcv . I did think of that at first but normaly it flashes red when you hit full throttle and you're under the lcv. I didn't have this symptom and the pack was fresh yesterday.

The sensor wire was one of my mates sugestions as well . While it was dead we wiggled the sensor at both ends (although they were both thoroughly in) and nothing happened.

It's very weird and more frustratingly can't be anticipated it's really randomly and occasionally. It does it every 2-3h run perhaps if I had to give a frequency.

Thanks

Jonathan
Old 06-11-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So I have the 150a ESC and am using that in an 1/8 e-buggy. I had a problem where is was unexpectedly turning off. It looked like the on/off switch and the wire to the rx had some exposed wire so I replaced them. When I took the ESC apart to splice in some new wire, the heat sink came off.

Does anyone know if I need to use epoxy based thermal paste? or does the fan keep the heatsink in place?

thanks!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the ideas.

I've just charged back my batteries and the charger indicates me that I charged 3600mah for a 4000mah pack. That's 90% so I'm pretty good with the lcv . I did think of that at first but normaly it flashes red when you hit full throttle and you're under the lcv. I didn't have this symptom and the pack was fresh yesterday.

The sensor wire was one of my mates sugestions as well . While it was dead we wiggled the sensor at both ends (although they were both thoroughly in) and nothing happened.

It's very weird and more frustratingly can't be anticipated it's really randomly and occasionally. It does it every 2-3h run perhaps if I had to give a frequency.

Thanks

Jonathan
Yes but under load you cant see when its getting pulled down to lower voltage numbers. You would be surprised. Its worth a try.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I would like to take back some of my remarks and bitching, but I spent good money and was worried. But the retailer has responded and apoligized for their tardy response. They are replacing it with a new unit!
Also... Hobbywing China has also responded and seemed more than eager to help me out!
That eases my stomic. I was worried!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the ideas.

Thanks

Jonathan
Trust us........everyone here has quite a bit of knowledge when it comes to the problem you are having. Set the LVC to 2.8 or 3.0 and try it. HW LVC reads the cells differently and you need to set it lower.
Paul Rush
HWNA
TEAM DRIVER

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.