HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis110
The Justock is good down to a 8.5

I run one in my 2wd SCT with a 13.5 motor. Without the fan and it runs nice and cool. If you're just running blinky and have no plans to go boosted. The Justock is tuff to beat.
Believe off road spec shows greater than 11.5
Old 06-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Thumbs down Disapointed customer

Ive held off on posting this for ahwile, but Hobbywing tech support is a Joke! Im pissed at this point. Ive been running HW for years. Clear back in 2010 my 1st brushless system was a 5.5t 60a which rocked! I found over the years that HW is the" best bang for your buck" and actually I think there solid performers and have smoother, linier throttle than more expensive esc's. After another castle esc failed on me I decieded to switch over to all hobbywing esc's! Well Im worried that going all HW might not have been the best choice. I recently bought a new WP SC8 120A and after soldering my plugs on and installing I found the set button doesnt work. Iv eteouble shot everything and its def the button. After repeated emails to tech support Ive gotten no response. I sent one and waited about a week. Then another...waited a few days and sent another. Ive PMed people, emailed and nothing! I had to call the north american distributer and they responded after a phone call, but since its from a chinese retailer they wont help. At least I suppose they wont. I asked for replacment switch or replacement and have heard nothing. Im disapointed at this point in my choice to go all Hobbywing.
Now my newest ezrun 60A is acting weird. Its cogging really bad and seemes like its lost its top speed. Compacitors are pretty warm too. Dont know if this is normal with them getting warm as I never had a EZrun fo this to feel around. Im gonna email tech support and ask about this, but after no response about my switch Im gonna assume they will not respond about this issue either.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
Ive held off on posting this for ahwile, but Hobbywing tech support is a Joke! Im pissed at this point. Ive been running HW for years. Clear back in 2010 my 1st brushless system was a 5.5t 60a which rocked! I found over the years that HW is the" best bang for your buck" and actually I think there solid performers and have smoother, linier throttle than more expensive esc's. After another castle esc failed on me I decieded to switch over to all hobbywing esc's! Well Im worried that going all HW might not have been the best choice. I recently bought a new WP SC8 120A and after soldering my plugs on and installing I found the set button doesnt work. Iv eteouble shot everything and its def the button. After repeated emails to tech support Ive gotten no response. I sent one and waited about a week. Then another...waited a few days and sent another. Ive PMed people, emailed and nothing! I had to call the north american distributer and they responded after a phone call, but since its from a chinese retailer they wont help. At least I suppose they wont. I asked for replacment switch or replacement and have heard nothing. Im disapointed at this point in my choice to go all Hobbywing.
Now my newest ezrun 60A is acting weird. Its cogging really bad and seemes like its lost its top speed. Compacitors are pretty warm too. Dont know if this is normal with them getting warm as I never had a EZrun fo this to feel around. Im gonna email tech support and ask about this, but after no response about my switch Im gonna assume they will not respond about this issue either.
Not good when you can not get support when you need it. I assume you initially contacted the dealer you purchased from. Sounds like they are not taking care of you. They should be in contact with their supplier and take care of business. You purchased from them so they should support you. You would hope they would know how to get to the right people to take care of their customers. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Micah123
Not good when you can not get support when you need it. I assume you initially contacted the dealer you purchased from. Sounds like they are not taking care of you. They should be in contact with their supplier and take care of business. You purchased from them so they should support you. You would hope they would know how to get to the right people to take care of their customers. Good luck.
Ive contacted RCecho and he did respond. He responded and asked " what radio are you using" It sucks as I explained I trouble shot everything prior to emailing anyone. So I replied and waiting for response. I thought after purchasing and installing I was supposed to contact Hobbywing support. Its been removed from original package and plugs soldered on. I would take a replacement switch, but dont see the water proof switch for sale thats on the new SC8. I wish the US people would help. Whats the wait time to return it to china and wait for return? And its gonna probably cost me another $20 to ship, I might attemp to call Hobbywing directly by phone as emails are worthless
Old 06-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Rookie

I agree, contact the dealer where you bought the system. The dealer made the sale and should also be responsible for the after sales....
Old 06-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lewis110
When hooked up to the PC does it connect that way? So you have the new style box with the lipo checker?
Yip new style box with lipo checker when I hooked up to pc it picked it up and upgraded the firmware but even if I want to set it up via pc it just says connecting to pc the whole time
Old 06-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jono Buggy Dude
Yip new style box with lipo checker when I hooked up to pc it picked it up and upgraded the firmware but even if I want to set it up via pc it just says connecting to pc the whole time
Email Angelo at [email protected] he should be able to get you pointed in the right direction.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Could anyone clearify cutting off the plug all together? I know cutting off plug n soldering blk/ red together. I do this to about every Castle esc Ive owned. But I think I read Im able to just short white to the blk/red to caliberate. Right? I dred cutting up brand new $75 esc's, but it might be my only choice. Any insight on this?
Thanks!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

+1 Totally agree. At least they can get the ball rolling.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

FYI

Any questions or support needed of course you can ask here, email or PM me, or email here.

[email protected] or [email protected]
Old 06-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

I recieved some help and hopefully this can be resolved. I am gonna continue to run Hobbywing, but this showed me I should spend the extra few bucks and buy it here in the US. Im disapointed in Hobbywing China.
The ezrun 60A issue I spoke of has been solved. Its the motor. I plugged a G force 4 pole 4400 and it was perfect. So the CC 5700 os the possable issue at this point. But esc is fine!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I recieved some help and hopefully this can be resolved. I am gonna continue to run Hobbywing, but this showed me I should spend the extra few bucks and buy it here in the US. Im disapointed in Hobbywing China.
The ezrun 60A issue I spoke of has been solved. Its the motor. I plugged a G force 4 pole 4400 and it was perfect. So the CC 5700 os the possable issue at this point. But esc is fine!
That's really great to hear. .........glad you got the help you needed from the HW family of user's.
Paul Rush
TEAM DRIVE
HWNA
Old 06-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Could anyone clearify cutting off the plug all together? I know cutting off plug n soldering blk/ red together. I do this to about every Castle esc Ive owned. But I think I read Im able to just short white to the blk/red to caliberate. Right? I dred cutting up brand new $75 esc's, but it might be my only choice. Any insight on this?
Thanks!
You are correct. ......touch the white wire to enter set up mode.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

anyone know where to get replacement mini bullet connectors for the xerun motors or some type of replacement, they keep coming lose on my 8.5T and I am about out of replacements for the small part that goes on the motor posts.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default Just Stock Reviews

Own 2 stock spec speed controls and considering a Just Stock for a 17.5 buggy. Any reason not to go with a Just Stock? Will be running blinky mode. Assuming I can set drag brake,etc with the HW Program Box. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.