Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-02-2014, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Salkin
Cut off both plugs by cutting the + and - wire that comes from the esc to each plug (cut as close to the plus as possible, or to any other shorter lenght at your preference).

Then use the + and - wire from the esc to solder to a new single plug.
What if I have both 2S x 2 and 4S lipo ?
Old 06-02-2014, 03:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedy100
What if I have both 2S x 2 and 4S lipo ?
I too have both 4s and 2x2s packs. I have only one plug on the esc.

I have the 2x2s packs taped together. They are with bullit connectors.

So I have one wire going from - in one of the lipos to + to the other.

Then I have the wire with the plug and, of course, a - and + wire, which I just attach to the corresponding remaining - on one lipo and + on the other.

Then you have the 2x2s lipos connected as a 4s lipo with one plug to go to the esc plug. Some extra wiring, but it works.

If prefer this solution, but if you want to keep the two plugs on the esc, you can when using a 4s lipo just attach the 4s lipo to one plug and use a "dummy plug" on the other plug.

The "dummy plug" is a plug with the same wire going from - to + in the plug.

But I use EC5 plugs, which are rather big, and I prefer to have the least number of plugs. When you have an EC5 plug male/female plugged together, you end up with a rather large chunk of plastic that needs to fit in somewhere under the body.

In my view, the best solution would be to have 4s lipos with bullet connectors, then have wires from the esc with bullits that just inserts into the bullit connectors of the lipo. Just like in most 1/10 buggies. Clean and simple.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Salkin
I too have both 4s and 2x2s packs. I have only one plug on the esc.

I have the 2x2s packs taped together. They are with bullit connectors.

So I have one wire going from - in one of the lipos to + to the other.

Then I have the wire with the plug and, of course, a - and + wire, which I just attach to the corresponding remaining - on one lipo and + on the other.

Then you have the 2x2s lipos connected as a 4s lipo with one plug to go to the esc plug. Some extra wiring, but it works.

If prefer this solution, but if you want to keep the two plugs on the esc, you can when using a 4s lipo just attach the 4s lipo to one plug and use a "dummy plug" on the other plug.

The "dummy plug" is a plug with the same wire going from - to + in the plug.

But I use EC5 plugs, which are rather big, and I prefer to have the least number of plugs. When you have an EC5 plug male/female plugged together, you end up with a rather large chunk of plastic that needs to fit in somewhere under the body.

In my view, the best solution would be to have 4s lipos with bullet connectors, then have wires from the esc with bullits that just inserts into the bullit connectors of the lipo. Just like in most 1/10 buggies. Clean and simple.
Thank you. I think I would go with the 1 plug in the esc rather than 2. Seems this can keep the things neat and tidy
Old 06-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

looking for new power plant for my ebuggy. SCT-PRO-D combo seems to be too fast of motor for me. has anyone used SCT-PRO and 4274SD 1800Kv combo? thanks
Old 06-03-2014, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pword
looking for new power plant for my ebuggy. SCT-PRO-D combo seems to be too fast of motor for me. has anyone used SCT-PRO and 4274SD 1800Kv combo? thanks
I have a SCT Pro and the 2250 and I'll admit its too much power. I have the throttle turned down to about 70%. I have a buddy wanting to trade his HW 1800 for a 2200 so I may be running this combo soon in my 8E 2.0.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra
In board style lipo pack? Might be the cause if the bullets were loose or a lot of dirt was in the tubes. Any time I run the inboard style packs I spread open the bullets and clean the tubes and bullets each race day with denatured alcohol.
I will keep this in mind with my new setup. I am hoping it was only the ESC and nothing else got ruined. I will most likely just install another SCT Pro.

So you clean the battery tubes with alcohol? I would be leery of making contact with any liquid!?
Old 06-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalMX
I will keep this in mind with my new setup. I am hoping it was only the ESC and nothing else got ruined. I will most likely just install another SCT Pro.

So you clean the battery tubes with alcohol? I would be leery of making contact with any liquid!?
Maybe use a Q Tip, or pipe cleaner.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brew99
brand new SCT pro with a used 4000 and 4700kv motor (tried both), quits with no throttle about 3 minutes into race. Wait about 15 sec, then comes on again but only lasts a few more seconds. Has all the signs of hitting LVC, but batteries are good, fully charged 7200mah SMC inboards (tried all three, same issue).

Turned LVC off, same issue, changed to 4700 motor, same issue. Lowered punch right down, same issue. Running newest firmware in SCT pro.

Any other things I should try? I'm stumped, other than a new ESC.
UPDATE for others: I replaced the sensor cable and was able to run over 5 min. Not sure why the sensor cable would cause the issues I was having, but could be something to do with it be intermittent when heated up. I would have expected it to run still fine but in a non-sensored mode. Anyhow, I'll keep an eye on it.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by brew99
UPDATE for others: I replaced the sensor cable and was able to run over 5 min. Not sure why the sensor cable would cause the issues I was having, but could be something to do with it be intermittent when heated up. I would have expected it to run still fine but in a non-sensored mode. Anyhow, I'll keep an eye on it.
Great news, thanks for the update.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Has anyone used the sct pro in a truggy? My 3 year old 80amp finally died this weekend. It will be installed in either my truggy or buggy, both with a Tekin 1900kv. I was just trying to see if the SCT Pro is reliable in a big truck.
Thanks
Old 06-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by markt311
Has anyone used the sct pro in a truggy? My 3 year old 80amp finally died this weekend. It will be installed in either my truggy or buggy, both with a Tekin 1900kv. I was just trying to see if the SCT Pro is reliable in a big truck.
Thanks
SCT Pro is great in the Buggy, Truggy is pushing it. I would use the 150A for that.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do you think 30c is enough for the sct- pro on 4s?
Old 06-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

The wait is on for a couple of proprietary sized screws from china to replace my broken 3656SD wire post screw. I was impressed I literally couldn't find a single screw like this among 6 hardware stores, a fastener specialty shop, and 2 hobby stores. Seems like I'm going to miss most of the SCT class this season over this which is a shame.

I was so desperate to find a replacement screw I took apart two other RC cars, some toy grade ones of different sizes, 3 phones, and a broken PS2. The PS2 did have the right size screw in width and threading but it was just too short. Drove me up a wall, lol

Only ran the motor once...
Old 06-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solico
Do you think 30c is enough for the sct- pro on 4s?
Yes.....I assume you are looking at the Turnigy batteries.
Paul
Old 06-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pword
Yes sir. Excellent choice. I've been running that combo for about 3 years now in my e bug. That motors awesome it runs real cool. I've ran pinions anywhere from 14-19 with no problem. IMO anything over a 1900 is overkill. Too much wheel spin. I have absolutely no problem keeping up with anything on the track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.