Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 05-17-2014, 11:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Please help!

Ive just got my lovely new xerun 150a. Hooked it all up and there seems to be a problem. Firstly the motor is going the wrong way. My car require counter clockwise which is what the speedo says it comes pre set as. So i think maybe it just needs programming. So i turn the speedo on holding the set button and wait for the green lights to flash. It flashes once, so i keep holding it and then 2 flashes etc. It only goes upto 4 flashes then goes back to just 1 green flash again??? Also the number of flashes doesnt correspond with which setting it should do. For example, 2 green lights should be the mode for punch so i try to adjust and it only has 5 profiles and is preset at 1 which is nothing like it should be!

Is this faulty and need to go back??

Gutted as now i cant race.

Thanks
Old 05-18-2014, 02:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dbizzle5
Ive just got my lovely new xerun 150a. Hooked it all up and there seems to be a problem. Firstly the motor is going the wrong way. My car require counter clockwise which is what the speedo says it comes pre set as. So i think maybe it just needs programming. So i turn the speedo on holding the set button and wait for the green lights to flash. It flashes once, so i keep holding it and then 2 flashes etc. It only goes upto 4 flashes then goes back to just 1 green flash again??? Also the number of flashes doesnt correspond with which setting it should do. For example, 2 green lights should be the mode for punch so i try to adjust and it only has 5 profiles and is preset at 1 which is nothing like it should be!

Is this faulty and need to go back??

Gutted as now i cant race.

Thanks
Ignore me! Ive sussed it out now! Awsome.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Need help with timing settings.

Ive just fitted my xerun 150a and turnigy 1900kv motor into a Sworkz be1. Ive just gave it a quick test run to check it all but found the car very slow?? The gearing is correct as per many other sworks but i did have the timing turned off. I thought i would try it first without timing to see how quick it was but i wasnt expecting it to be that slow! Will timing make that much of a difference?
What settings for timing do i need to be using to get some decent speed from a 1900kv?

cheers
Old 05-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Need help with timing settings.

Ive just fitted my xerun 150a and turnigy 1900kv motor into a Sworkz be1. Ive just gave it a quick test run to check it all but found the car very slow?? The gearing is correct as per many other sworks but i did have the timing turned off. I thought i would try it first without timing to see how quick it was but i wasnt expecting it to be that slow! Will timing make that much of a difference?
What settings for timing do i need to be using to get some decent speed from a 1900kv?

cheers
No timing will not make that much difference, it sounds like something else may be wrong. Is everything on your radio set and did you calibrate things properly? Remember your radio settings for throttle should be set to reverse.
Paul
Old 05-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
No timing will not make that much difference, it sounds like something else may be wrong. Is everything on your radio set and did you calibrate things properly? Remember your radio settings for throttle should be set to reverse.
Paul
Cheers,

Throttle wasnt in reverse so have done that now and all is calibrated properley. Will try again tommorrow but just reving on the table it still doesnt seem that fast or powerful. I thought these things would really want to twist my arm off when holding it and reving it but it seems very tame. Maybe a cell has gone or something??? Are there any other settings on my radio i may need to do? My throttle is at 100%.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cheers,

Throttle wasnt in reverse so have done that now and all is calibrated properley. Will try again tommorrow but just reving on the table it still doesnt seem that fast or powerful. I thought these things would really want to twist my arm off when holding it and reving it but it seems very tame. Maybe a cell has gone or something??? Are there any other settings on my radio i may need to do? My throttle is at 100%.
Just start with all your end points all the way up and that should be what you need. Definitely make sure your batteries are charged.
Paul
Old 05-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Hello the power switch/button doesn't work on my V3.1.now I can't turn it on. Before the utton quit working the auto-off wasn't working either. How or who do I send this to to fix it...thanks
Old 05-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok, ive tried absolutly everything now. End points right up, throttle in reverse, different batteries and still its like a snail. Decided to try and work out what the issue was so hooked it up to another motor on my friends car and the same thing. Then tried his speedo on my motor and it was fine so definatly not the motor. Then i wanted to test if it was my radio settings so tried it on his car and all fine again. Tried absolutly everything and no joy. The speedo output is just very low for some weird reason and it does cog quite a bit. Speed wise its around 1/4 of the speed as when tried with a different speedo. And none of the punch etc. God knows what the issue is but im going to have to send it back.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Looking for some suggestions fellas. Running an scte with a sct pro, tekin pro4 4600, 7200 70c smc pack, esc consistently shuts off at around 4 minutes into a heat....low voltage protection is turned off!
Old 05-19-2014, 08:35 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys friend wanted me to ask yours guys his got a serpent truggy
and wanted to know which of one these two motors you pick to run in his truggy and how much run time will you get out both them on 4s setup running smc 6500 and team Orion 8000 duals and a tekin rx8 with current limited down to 30 percent two motors are ?.
HobbyWing XERUn 2000kv Sensorless
Brushless Motor for 1/8 RC Monster Truck
Or
HobbyWing XERUN 4274 1800kv Sensored
Brushless Motor for 1/8
has any one try one them in there truggy yet
Old 05-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is the Tacon 2150kv a good fit for a hw esc? On a mugen mbx6 eco. I currently want to just get out on the track! Anyone else have some sensored budget motor suggestions? The 1900kv Trackstar is out of stock
Old 05-20-2014, 02:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheMuffinman
hey guys friend wanted me to ask yours guys his got a serpent truggy
and wanted to know which of one these two motors you pick to run in his truggy and how much run time will you get out both them on 4s setup running smc 6500 and team Orion 8000 duals and a tekin rx8 with current limited down to 30 percent two motors are ?.
HobbyWing XERUn 2000kv Sensorless
Brushless Motor for 1/8 RC Monster Truck
Or
HobbyWing XERUN 4274 1800kv Sensored
Brushless Motor for 1/8
has any one try one them in there truggy yet
I have the 2200kv with the 150A in my 8ight-T 2.0. Has plenty of power and I'm running Venom 5000mah.

Don't hate on the driving. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QugoZL9LO2I
Old 05-20-2014, 02:53 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how much run time do you get in the 5000
Old 05-20-2014, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

Honestly I've never really timed it, but it's long enough. If I'd guess, probably about 20 minutes or so. Next time I go I will pay closer attention to it.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Never mind

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.