Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 05-03-2014, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have a new N/W SCPro combo (4000 4pole) in my 4x4 and when you turn it on, it has steering but wont go. It dose all the light flashing and gives the tones to say its ready but wont go. turn the wheels back and forth a bunch of times and it starts working. wont give me any problems for the whole race but, dose it every time I turn it on. ???????????
Old 05-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mutilfunction LCD PROGRAM BOX - Problems with new unit

Hi Folks,
Just purchased a brand new Hobbywing LCD box in the mail. I tested a battery with the new better check option and it worked fine... then hooked it up to the computer. I started to update the firmware through the Hobbywing site and after the install the program box is just showing white rectangles across the lcd window. I then tried to test lipo out and I get the same screen... Nothing on this box is working and am really needing this to work!
I've had it for about 5 minutes... has to be a way to get it to work.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD-image.jpg  

Last edited by helijib; 05-03-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

anyone??

Punch rate swich point : This setting defines the point in the forward throttle position at which the punch rate changes. ( thats from the HW book on the V3.1 ) What does this mean and how does it work?? i am not understanding this punch rate sw point stuff
i have mine set at 40 thats the defalt setting.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helijib
Hi Folks,
Just purchased a brand new Hobbywing LCD box in the mail. I tested a battery with the new better check option and it worked fine... then hooked it up to the computer. I started to update the firmware through the Hobbywing site and after the install the program box is just showing white rectangles across the lcd window. I then tried to test lipo out and I get the same screen... Nothing on this box is working and am really needing this to work!
I've had it for about 5 minutes... has to be a way to get it to work.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
Try to reload the software onto the program box again.I think you may have unplugged it before it was finished updating.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stupid question I justed picked up SCTPro combo CC1 with the xerun3656 4 pole 4700kv motor too run in my tekno 4x4 sc . but the motor seems a little short? are the motors generally shorter then say a tenshock?
Old 05-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Try to reload the software onto the program box again.I think you may have unplugged it before it was finished updating.
Thanks Slotmachine,
I honestly can't believe it... I was up to 1am last night trying to get this new programmer to work and so many different sequences of updating. Went back after I read your message and what do you know! It started working! What the heck...?
Thanks!
Old 05-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monkey#39
Stupid question I justed picked up SCTPro combo CC1 with the xerun3656 4 pole 4700kv motor too run in my tekno 4x4 sc . but the motor seems a little short? are the motors generally shorter then say a tenshock?
yes they are shorter but they feature a much larger rotor
Old 05-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah I did some research.. I thought it was a 550 can guess they are 540
Old 05-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys I'm having an issue with my latest hobbywing esc. I recently bought an xtreem stock for my 2wd build after having great luck with justock in my sct.

Well I finally got everything setup on the car. New motor, esc, rx, servo, ect well I fire everything up and the motor just jerks it will not spin up smoothly. I took the car to the track to see if some fellow racers could help me.

We could not get the motor to rotate smoothly unless we spun the wheels over by hand first. One racer suggested changing the sensor wire. So I did, same result tried an old novak brushless 13.5 turn same result. Finally one racer suggested reflashing the esc.

So today I go to the falkonsekido website and attempted to download the software. I didn't have any luck unzipping it but I'm computer dumb so I'm going to see if someone can help me. I have the lcd programming box so once I figure out how to install the files I should be good to go.

But I also wanted to know if anyone thought that flashing the esc would fix it. Also the local racer who helped me out the most said that I would need to install a stock only profile.

If anyone could help that would be great because I want to figure out if its an easy fix or if it needs to go back

Thanks
Sean
Old 05-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkscope001
Hey guys I'm having an issue with my latest hobbywing esc. I recently bought an xtreem stock for my 2wd build after having great luck with justock in my sct.

Well I finally got everything setup on the car. New motor, esc, rx, servo, ect well I fire everything up and the motor just jerks it will not spin up smoothly. I took the car to the track to see if some fellow racers could help me.

We could not get the motor to rotate smoothly unless we spun the wheels over by hand first. One racer suggested changing the sensor wire. So I did, same result tried an old novak brushless 13.5 turn same result. Finally one racer suggested reflashing the esc.

So today I go to the falkonsekido website and attempted to download the software. I didn't have any luck unzipping it but I'm computer dumb so I'm going to see if someone can help me. I have the lcd programming box so once I figure out how to install the files I should be good to go.

But I also wanted to know if anyone thought that flashing the esc would fix it. Also the local racer who helped me out the most said that I would need to install a stock only profile.

If anyone could help that would be great because I want to figure out if its an easy fix or if it needs to go back

Thanks
Sean

Strange, I would try it, you need to download Winrar to open it.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Ran my SCT Pro for the first time today on a large track in my RC8.2E. Ran cool and flawless all day. Hands down the smoothest 1/8 ESC I have ever used! Really like this setup.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Ran my SCT Pro for the first time today on a large track in my RC8.2E. Ran cool and flawless all day. Hands down the smoothest 1/8 ESC I have ever used! Really like this setup.
Yes they are! Glad your enjoying your Hobbywing
Old 05-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Got a new v3.1 black edition. Looks great with all black wires. Paired it to the hw v10 6.5 in my new d413. Wired everything up. Turned it on to go to esc calibration the fan spooled up glitched 3 times and stopped. I thought maybe in cal mode it stops so I continued with the throttle settings. Finished up switched off then back on the fan let out a poof of smoke and its dead. Swapped fans with the other in the box it's working fine. Everything looks good, runs good just cooked a fan? I'm kind of shocked I have a few hw esc and never had an issue. Anyone else have this happen? And also anyone know where I can get another fan I'd like to keep a spare on hand. Thanks
Old 05-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Picked up a Stock Spec V3.1 to try and finally got it wired up and calibrated. Is there anyway to change any of the parameters (ie; change to fwd/brake/rev) without the programming card or box? Or are they required to make any changes? Thanks
Old 05-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vegaspilot
Picked up a Stock Spec V3.1 to try and finally got it wired up and calibrated. Is there anyway to change any of the parameters (ie; change to fwd/brake/rev) without the programming card or box? Or are they required to make any changes? Thanks
You need the LCD program box

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.