HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 04-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markypeas
No brakes or weak brakes.

I just bought an xtreme stock esc. I am running a reedy 13.5 motor.

I have tried to use both a Futaba 3pl radio and a flysky gt3b radio and receiver.

I have super weak to non existent brakes. I have calibrated and calibrated and switched radios, nothing. Everything else works fine. I reversed channel 2. I switched channel 1 and 2 to make sure I was getting the full range of motion off my controllers. No problem there. I am stuck.

So I have 2 questions:

Are the default settings for this esc just set up for super weak brakes?

I cannot get the LED programming card to work with this esc. It says on the falcon seiko site that it does work. Refer to link and quote below.

I am super disappointed if I need to buy the LCD card just so I can have brakes. Otherwise I am assuming I have a defective esc. Ive had hobby wing before and liked it, but I am super frustrated with it right now. Also it says easily programmed with the set button. In the manual it says if you have 15 functions you cannot use the set button. Which would have been nice to know. So far I feel super misguided by the information. If the LED card doesnt work and the set button doesnt work for this esc, if I would have known that I would have gotten a justock instead, because I am assuming it works for those.

falconsekido.com/products/xtreme-stock-esc-for-1-10[/url]

"2.6 Easily programmed with the SET button, LED Program Box, Professional LCD Program Box and USB Link Software."
Buy yourself a LCD box, its a great investment. Plus its way nicer then the LED box. Then set your brake force to 100 and reverse speed to 100. Usually the weak brakes are only complained out in blinky mode. So I'm guessing you just have to change the settings. I highly doubt you have a bad ESC.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vman1
Wow, still ? I guess HW cannot keep up ever since Chinese New Year :-)
While its a good combo, it doesn't help much if it is constantly out of stock. Few guys at my local track tried to get the same combo, but ended up buying Tekin because it was available right away. I am not sure if it is the factory not being able to keep up with demand or if is is US distributor not ordering enough, but it sucks either way.
I was informed today at my local track that his Hobbywing shipment should be in Monday. He ordered the 1800kv combo and others as well. He told me he would put a few aside for me to choose from. I've been waiting for about a month now. I was lucky and scored a black 2200kv combo that was in the US off Ebay last week. I put that in my truggy.

Originally Posted by FastPete
Guys due to Hobbywing getting more popular, (due to great performance at a affordable price point) the product is in high demand. You can rest assured they are doing everything they can to ramp up production to get this great product in your hands as fast as they can.
Good too hear cause I had a Tekin motor in my hand today and was about to buy it til the owner told me about the order arriving on Monday. The combo is about $45 more than the Tekin motor by itself.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

I wanted to thank Angelo for his help with getting the braking feel in my V3.1 Stock Spec the way I wanted. I had a fantastic run in my 17.5 buggy A-main yesterday with my new B5 mid motor car. TQ'ed and won by a mile over some pretty fast experienced drivers.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by will5879
I wanted to thank Angelo for his help with getting the braking feel in my V3.1 Stock Spec the way I wanted. I had a fantastic run in my 17.5 buggy A-main yesterday with my new B5 mid motor car. TQ'ed and won by a mile over some pretty fast experienced drivers.
Awesome great job! Angelo is great.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by will5879
thanks guys but im nothing special but i am a true believer that the customer is the most important to our organisation and survival.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:39 AM
Suspended

hey guys have any of yours run a sct pro in a serpent 811be 2.0 buggy with frist test run on the road my house it gos full speed then it cut down to half speed then cut out then go full speed again do you guys have some truble or that
Old 04-14-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TensaZangetsu
hey guys have any of yours run a sct pro in a serpent 811be 2.0 buggy with frist test run on the road my house it gos full speed then it cut down to half speed then cut out then go full speed again do you guys have some truble or that
Sounds like you could be hitting the LVC (Low voltage cutoff) I would try it at 3.0 with a fully charged pack and try it again. What battery?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Watch your timing and boost settings. If they are too high for your battery it can drop off like that until the voltage recovers.
Paul
Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Does hobbywing make a combo for 4WD 1/10 buggy?
Old 04-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Suspended

well it got stock settings and the lvc is set at 3.4 per cell and the lipos was fully charge it was team orion 90c 8000 it was like full power then cut it down then off power stops then got full power again then same thing happens again
Old 04-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

well it got stock settings and the lvc is set at 3.4 per cell and the lipos was fully charge it was team orion 90c 8000 it was like full power then cut it down then off power stops then got full power again then same thing happens again
Lower it to see if that's the issue.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default LVC is set too high for HW ESC

Different companies Low Voltage Settings read the battery voltage differently... HW reads actual voltage. Under heavy acceleration you battery voltage can spike well below LVC even on a rather fully charged pack. But the batter will recover quickly from this load. I typically run LVC on heavy load applications on my Hobbywing equipment at 2.8 to 3.0 volts per cell. Any time I hit cutoff and check my pack voltage even at 2.8 volts cutoff the battery is still above safe voltage at a steady rest stage. This feature is much safer than others because it keeps the battery cells from being pulled down to dangerously low voltages during high amp draw!

I hope this helps!

Good Luck!
Old 04-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check your battery plugs also......
Old 04-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
thanks guys but im nothing special but i am a true believer that the customer is the most important to our organisation and survival.
I agree 100%.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by diamonddawg21
Does hobbywing make a combo for 4WD 1/10 buggy?
http://www.falconsekido.com/products...combo-x-series
The above (X4a) combo would work very well in a 4wd buggy.

For something a little higher end, you would want the V3.1 ESC and V10 motor:
http://www.falconsekido.com/products/xr120a-v3-1-esc
http://www.falconsekido.com/products/xerun-v10-motor

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.