HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree191Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 04-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxerluv
I've got a V3. The fan sounds like a hard drive or dremel while its running. Straight up loud! It isn't loose or over tight. Is this normal for that fan?
Did you take it off and make sure nothing is under or in it?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
Did you take it off and make sure nothing is under or in it?
Thanks! Will do tomorrow morning.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Which esc for B44.1

I never ran a Hobbywing esc I am currently running a Tekin RS and it is just not enough to run the motors I need to power up the wheeler. I'll be running a 6.5 or 7.5 Tekin or Thunder Power motor and am using a Protek 100s servo which runs off the esc bec at 6.0v. I am using an Airtroncis MT4 w/92524 receiver
What do you suggest I need:
1- ESC w/cooling fan
2- Program Box and USB cable ?
3- cooling fan
4- external BEC if needed

I am trying to stay within a budget of 150.00
Any and all help is greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Mike

Last edited by ILRacer; 04-10-2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: edit
Old 04-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxerluv
Thanks! Will do tomorrow morning.
My 3.1 fan is very loud also, it is normal. It sounds like it is going to take off.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Rookie

ive tried all the dif firmware on my xtreme stock i want to use 930 stock but with this firmware only i once i turn off the esc and back on its like it entered some kind of super charge mode... if i re calibrate my radio and esc it will be normal again until i turn the esc off and on again then its right back to this again... ive reinstalled the firmware tried diff radio and rx. dif motor you name it and nothin helps
Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JFuel11
Jerry,

Hope all is going well buddy!

When you set the LVC in the V3.1 you want to set it per cell. In two wheel drive buggy I like to run LVC set to 3.2.

Did you ever get those boosted setups working well on the buggy with the 17.5?

Good Luck!

Alan
I think that's sage advice. Mine was set for auto and I was having issues with it cutting out. One of the local team drivers (Paul/SlotMachine here) thought it was the LVC settings - so we took it off Automatic and set it at a specific LVC threshold and I was golden. In this case, it seems that the calculated cutoff was a bit higher than it should have been (my theory on that is the cells, hot off the charger, were initially registering pretty high, so the calculated cutoff was set high, which meant that when the cells normalized after 2 mins of so of running the ESC started cutting off because of the higher calculated cutoff).
Old 04-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Two Options for your wheeler!

Originally Posted by ILRacer
I never ran a Hobbywing esc I am currently running a Tekin RS and it is just not enough to run the motors I need to power up the wheeler. I'll be running a 6.5 or 7.5 Tekin or Thunder Power motor and am using a Protek 100s servo which runs off the esc bec at 6.0v. I am using an Airtroncis MT4 w/92524 receiver
What do you suggest I need:
1- ESC w/cooling fan
2- Program Box and USB cable ?
3- cooling fan
4- external BEC if needed

I am trying to stay within a budget of 150.00
Any and all help is greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Mike
I have noticed in the past when I ran other brands of esc that some of them feel like an on and off switch compared to my Hobbywing equipment. Especially with the lower turn motors! If you are looking for something that is super adjustable and provides a silky smooth throttle input even with the hottest motors... You found your brand!

Options A - V2.1 120 Amp ESC

You can go with the V2.1 which will handle the motor and they are a work horse! I am currently running one of these in a 4wd SCT with 4000KV 4 Pole motor and it just keeps going! With the fan on it does not ever run over about 105 Degrees under this extreme setup! Plus if falls into your budget range easily! Only Downside is it has a tad larger footprint than what is ideal for a 1/1oth scale Wheeler but will fit without a problem.

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...s-esc-for-10th

Option B - V3.1 120 Amp ESC

This is the best way to go! Full Alum Case, Most programming options possible, Silky smooth and will handle the lower turn motors all day long. It is a little over your budget, but they are top shelf! The footprint is really small and makes it easy to fit into the tightest 1/10th scale applications!

http://www.falconsekido.com/products/xr120a-v3-1-esc

Programmer - Works with both escs:

http://www.falconsekido.com/products/lcd-program

Good Luck!

Alan
Old 04-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Stock Firmware...

Originally Posted by dxjxrose
ive tried all the dif firmware on my xtreme stock i want to use 930 stock but with this firmware only i once i turn off the esc and back on its like it entered some kind of super charge mode... if i re calibrate my radio and esc it will be normal again until i turn the esc off and on again then its right back to this again... ive reinstalled the firmware tried diff radio and rx. dif motor you name it and nothin helps
This is only happening when you load 930 stock firmeware, but esc works fine on other firmware? Please confirm.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I have noticed in the past when I ran other brands of esc that some of them feel like an on and off switch compared to my Hobbywing equipment. Especially with the lower turn motors! If you are looking for something that is super adjustable and provides a silky smooth throttle input even with the hottest motors... You found your brand!

You can go with the V2.1 which will handle the motor and they are a work horse! I am currently running one of these in a 4wd SCT with 4000KV 4 Pole motor and it just keeps going! With the fan on it does not ever run over about 105 Degrees under this extreme setup! Plus if falls into your budget range easily! Only Downside is it has a tad larger footprint than what is ideal for a 1/1oth scale Wheeler but will fit without a problem.

This is the best way to go! Full Alum Case, Most programming options possible, Silky smooth and will handle the lower turn motors all day long. It is a little over your budget, but they are top shelf! The footprint is really small and makes it easy to fit into the tightest 1/10th scale applications!

Good Luck!

Alan
Great advice as always!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

For 1/10 4wd buggy on a budget... you really can't go wrong with the V2.1
I have had one in an XB4, S10B, BMAX-4, 22-4... not a single hiccup!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

This is only happening when you load 930 stock firmeware, but esc works fine on other firmware? Please confirm.
Yes that is correct
Old 04-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Right On!

Originally Posted by slakr
For 1/10 4wd buggy on a budget... you really can't go wrong with the V2.1
I have had one in an XB4, S10B, BMAX-4, 22-4... not a single hiccup!
+1
Old 04-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (98%+)

Can someone give me the link for the firmware so I can run BLINKY on the EXTREME STOCK. Im not sure witch it is
Old 04-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just spoke with [email protected] and his problem is fixed.......too much motor timing.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Good Luck!

Alan
Very good tips just like always from Alan

Just to add to this, for 1/10th scale most of the team uses the v3.1 as it is compact and smooth just as Alan said. That said both escs are very good for competitve racing, especially when combined with the v10 series of motors. The motors really make the biggest difference as they are much improved feel wise over the previous gen blue can 540s.
Low budget setup: v2.1 esc & 540
http://www.falconsekido.com/products...-motors-5t-21t

Medium budget: v2.1 esc and v10 series motor

High end comp budget:v3.1 esc and v10 series motor

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.