HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 03-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jayco123
I have a LOSI 1/8 buggy what would be the best hobby wing esc for the track and speed runs tha I can run up to 6s and also where can I buy one that is a true hobby wing not a re badge that will take PayPal THANKS

150A Xerun is what you want for anything over 4s, will handle 6S no problem.
It can be a tight fit w/ some buggies, check the size against space on your Losi.

Falcon Seikido is the USA distributor for Hobby Wing and accepts paypal. Anyone who sells HW in the USA gets it from Falcon Seikido, and they also handle any warranty issues.

http://www.falconsekido.com/products/xerun-150a-sd
Old 03-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrowles91
Hey giys i hope you can help here. I have a XeRun esc that I'm using for crawling, and it started acting up today about an hour into a trail.

While stopped, not touching any inputs, the truck started wanting to creep backwards. I thought it a fluke lightly touched the throttle and it seemed to stop. Seconds later the truck started creeping backwards again.

I eventually tried moving my throttle trims forward. Still creeps in reverse.

This was very strange and has never happened before. No significant crashes, no water in site.

Any idea what happened? Is my ESC bad?

Thanks for any input
Try re calibrating your speed control to your radio first, if that does not do it try widening your neutral width adjustment. Let me ask.....how old is your radio? Sometimes the pot for the throttle will start to wander a bit after age. I'm not saying your radio is bad.
Paul
Old 03-15-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Precision1
Yep, they sure do.
Thanks, is it the 120mm length cable?
Old 03-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone had trouble with the data logging function in the v3.1 Stock Spec? I'm getting my esc temp, motor rpm & battery voltage readings but only getting 0C for motor temp after a run. As far as I know my sensor cable is fine so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong....

Last edited by Grizzbob; 03-16-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 03-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Try re calibrating your speed control to your radio first, if that does not do it try widening your neutral width adjustment. Let me ask.....how old is your radio? Sometimes the pot for the throttle will start to wander a bit after age. I'm not saying your radio is bad.
Paul
Thanks for the response Paul. I did try recalibrating also moved my neutral from 6 to 9 to 12. No change. Also, attempted moving my throttle trim forward and the truck still wandered in reverse. The radio is a Spectrum DX3s bought new, maybe 1.5 years ago.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Very happy with my SCTPro 4700 combo. Ran at 90% EPA in my SCT410 with a 15T pinion and was just as fast as anyone else down the front straight. Motor never temped over 105* and ESC over 120*. Was about 65* outside and the track was very tight and dusty so lost of wheel spin when I got trigger happy.

Can't wait to go to a bigger track and really get a chance to see what it has.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
Very happy with my SCTPro 4700 combo. Ran at 90% EPA in my SCT410 with a 15T pinion and was just as fast as anyone else down the front straight. Motor never temped over 105* and ESC over 120*. Was about 65* outside and the track was very tight and dusty so lost of wheel spin when I got trigger happy.

Can't wait to go to a bigger track and really get a chance to see what it has.
Enjoy
Old 03-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the response Paul. I did try recalibrating also moved my neutral from 6 to 9 to 12. No change. Also, attempted moving my throttle trim forward and the truck still wandered in reverse. The radio is a Spectrum DX3s bought new, maybe 1.5 years ago.
Since it is a crawler have you also tried setting drag brake. I'm at a loss on this now. I own the Dx3r and it has a feature called monitor, does your have this? If you do you can monitor your throttle and steering pots and recalibrate them.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Since it is a crawler have you also tried setting drag brake. I'm at a loss on this now. I own the Dx3r and it has a feature called monitor, does your have this? If you do you can monitor your throttle and steering pots and recalibrate them.
I have played with the drag brake but I always ran a drag brake. One other thing I noticed is normally with the drag brake, at neutral the truck screeches to a halt but now sometimes is will still roll a foot or so before haulting. This is only sometimes though not always. I don't see anywhere that I can see the throttle positions on the radio.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

I have played with the drag brake but I always ran a drag brake. One other thing I noticed is normally with the drag brake, at neutral the truck screeches to a halt but now sometimes is will still roll a foot or so before haulting. This is only sometimes though not always. I don't see anywhere that I can see the throttle positions on the radio.
Yes I researched it and the DX3s does not have that feature. Maybe try another sensor wire or even try none at all.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Yes I researched it and the DX3s does not have that feature. Maybe try another sensor wire or even try none at all.
I'll give that a shot. If there is not fix from that what do you suggest? I emailed Spektrum already too.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

I'll give that a shot. If there is not fix from that what do you suggest? I emailed Spektrum already too.
Hey.....Try setting up a whole new model in the radio and see if that works.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Hey.....Try setting up a whole new model in the radio and see if that works.
I did reset the model earlier, I don't know if that's the same thing but I did try that. If you think it may help I'll set up another model together.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
now how does that work. on boost the higher the degrees number is safe from 25 to 35 degree the 35 number would be more power.. and on slope the higher the number on slope the quicker the power will be applied is that correct. then on switch point if you go from 30 too let's say 10 that should give you less tires spin on your initial throttle input is that correct thanks for your help .....anyone ??
yup, you got it. You probably wont change it much when you find something you like, but it is nice to have the options available when you run into different track conditions,
Old 03-16-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

i have a XTREME STOCK ESC,a while back a put it into 508 no timing blinky mode,how do i get the stock setup back into it? i don't know where to find the software. thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.